Chapter 27 - Nothing Has Changed

You Are My Target!

We all stared at each other for a few minutes, before Luhan spoke up.

“...I’ll just...go now...” He got out of bed and quickly walked past Kris, who looked pretty pissed at the moment.

As soon as he left, Kris glared at me. “What was he doing in here?”

“Kris, I swear I didn’t do anything-”

“So you just let him in here? Is that you just ‘being friendly’ again? Is this the kind of thing you do with your friend?!” His voice was getting louder with each word.

“Kris, just let me explain. Nothing happened-”

“Were you planning on letting Chanyeol and Xiumin in here as well? How about Kyungsoo? After all you already dated him didn’t you?”

“Kris! How can you say that?”

“Because there was a guy in your bed! How am I supposed to react to that?!”

“Kris! I don’t know why but Luhan just came in while I was sleeping and decided to stay.”

“And I’m supposed to believe that? Why didn’t you kick him out then?”

“Because I was sleeping! I didn’t even know he was here until I woke up! Can’t you just calm down for a minute and-”

“How am I supposed to calm down?!”

“I don’t know!”

We both took a break from yelling. Kris was still glaring at me, and now I was glaring at him too.

“You’re getting angry for no reason...” I muttered.

“For no reason? Well excuse me for getting a bit angry when there’s another guy in my girlfriend’s room!” he yelled, walking out of the room and slamming the door.

I stood for a few minutes before falling backwards onto my bed. I didn’t even do anything! This is all Luhan’s fault...

No, I shouldn’t blame Luhan. He’s just acting like a child, he didn’t mean to make Kris angry. Kris is just overreacting. He’ll get over it.

He seemed really angry though...maybe I should go apologize later.

Haemi poked her head into my room.

“Ji Eun...is everything alright? I heard you guys yelling at each other.”

I sat up. “It’s fine. We just got into a small argument. Don’t worry about us.”

She still looked concerned. “If you say so. We’re all going to eat, and then we’re going shopping. So you should get ready soon.”

“Yeah, I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

She closed my door, and  forced myself to get up and head over to the bathroom.

Hopefully after a good breakfast, everything will be back to normal.

~

I sighed. Everything is not normal.

We went to Bupyeong to do some shopping, and Kris still wasn’t talking to me. He made sure to stay far away from me, and whenever I tried to approach him he would walk away. To be honest it was getting really frustrating, so eventually I just gave up and stayed with Haemi as we walked into random stores to look at things.

In one store, Haemi was searching through a rack of dresses when I looked around the rest of the store. Chanyeol and Xiumin were together, as were Kyungsoo and Suho. Chen was looking at some shirts, dragging Luhan along with him.

Where did Kris go?

Luhan escaped from Chen and ran up to me. “Ji Eun! I found a really awesome shirt! Can you give me your opinion on it?”

“Huh? Oh...sure.” He grabbed my hand and led me over to the other end of the store, right near the huge window at the front.

“I think it was around here somewhere...let me just find it again...”

As he began to look for his shirt, I glanced at the window.

Kris was outside, talking to someone. I leaned over a bit to see who it was.

I froze. He was talking to a girl. A very pretty, tall, and well dressed girl, who was leaning in way too close for my liking.

I clenched my fists as Kris leaned in closer to her, to whisper something into her ear. She giggled and wrote something down on a piece of paper and handed it to him. He accepted it with a wink, and she blushed, then walked away with a small wave and even blew a kiss at him.

Kris smiled at her and then turned back towards the shop. He looked into the window, and his eyes met mine.

He smirked and turned away from me.

“That idiot...” I whispered, fighting the urge to run outside and scream at him.

Luhan looked up. “What? What’s wrong?” He walked up to me and frowned. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah....nothing’s wrong. Nothing at all.”

It didn’t stop there.

Every store we went to from then on, Kris would be flirting with some random girl. Always in plain sight, not even trying to hide it.

Is this his way of getting payback for what happened this morning? He is such a child!

I was wrong about what I said before. He hasn’t changed at all. He’s still an idiot.

Haemi pulled me aside after she saw him as well.

“Alright. Tell me what happened.” she demanded.

I told her about Luhan in my bed, and how Kris saw him and got angry at me.

“I swear, nothing happened between us. Kris just won’t listen to me at all.”

She hugged me. “It’s not your fault. He’s just being jealous. Do you want me to talk to him for you?”

“No, this is between us. I need to talk to him myself.”

“Are you sure?” She looked at my face carefully. I nodded. “Then I’ll leave it to you. But if he starts getting angry again I’m going to slap him.”

“Haemi!”

“I’m serious. He has no right to be acting this way.”

She’s right, but I still want to give him a chance.

I found Kris, who was standing outside of the store.

“You’ve made your point.” I said, glaring at him.

He raised an eyebrow. “I’m sorry?”

“You’re doing this just to show that you’re angry at me. It worked, alright? Can we just stop this and make up? You’re making this more of a problem than it needs to be.”

“Am I?” He stepped up to me angrily. “So the fact that a guy was in my girlfriend’s bed isn’t a big deal?”

“But nothing happened!” I pleaded.

Kris scoffed. “Then why was he there in the first place?”

“I don’t know! Luhan was just being childish again and-”

“See? Right there! You always stick up for him!”

“He’s my friend! Why shouldn’t I stick up for him?”

“I’m your boyfriend! Why aren’t you sticking up for me? You keep getting angry at me, but I wasn’t the one who caused this problem! He’s the one you should blame, not me!”

“He’s not the one who’s going off and flirting with random girls!”

“Well then maybe you should go date Luhan!”

He turned around and stormed off down the street, leaving me alone outside of the store.

Did he really just say that?

And before I knew it, I was crying.

This wasn’t the way things were supposed to turn out. Why couldn’t I just make up with him and settle things peacefully?

Now he doesn’t even want to date me anymore.

I sat on the curb and starting wiping away my tears, but there was more to replace them.

“Ji Eun?”

I looked over my shoulder. Luhan was behind me.

“What happened? Why are you out here by yourself?”

“I’m just waiting for everyone else.” I quickly wiped my face and cleared my throat. “Have they finished shopping yet?”

“No. Haemi is trying to pick out a sweater for Suho, and everyone else is waiting inside for them. It’s probably going to take a while. He keeps rejecting everything she chooses.” He sat next to me on the curb.

“I see...” I looked at the ground, hoping that he wouldn’t see my face.

“Ji Eun...” He tapped me on the shoulder. “Are you ok? Kris was here just a few minutes ago, right? Did something happen between you two?”

“No!” I said loudly. His eyes widened. Well now I’m just making it obvious...

“Are you sure?” he asked doubtfully. He leaned over and tried to look at me, but I avoided his gaze.

“Ji Eun, I know something is wrong. Can’t you just tell me?”

“Nothing’s wrong. It’s fine.” Another tear fell and I swiped it away quickly.

“Then look at me.” I shook my head. “Come on...” He tapped me on the shoulder lightly, and when that didn’t work he put his hand on my cheek and gently turned my face towards his.

“You’re crying!”

“I’m not.” I said, but even as I did a few more tears fell.

“Yes, you are. What happened?”

“It’s Kris... He’s still angry at me for what happened this morning...”

Luhan hugged me briefly. “I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s not your fault...” I started to say.

“You always stick up for him!”

Luhan didn’t mean to make Kris angry... It wouldn’t be right to blame him for this.

“But I still feel bad. What did he say?”

“He basically said that he doesn’t want to date me anymore.”

“What?!” Luhan’s jaw dropped. “But.... Seriously?! He wants to break up with you?”

I nodded. “Well, he didn’t say that, but I’m pretty sure he meant it.” Why else would he tell me to date someone else?

I started crying again. I hate this. I just want everything to go back to normal.

Luhan began wiping my face a bit. “Don’t cry over him. He doesn’t deserve someone like you.”

I sniffed. “That’s not true. He’s nice. You just didn’t get to see-”

“I don’t have to. I know that you’ll be better off without him.” Luhan put his arm around me.

“Will I?” I certainly don’t feel better right now... I feel horrible actually.

I looked over at Luhan, who was staring at me intently.

“You will. You’ll find someone else. There’s someone out there who cares about you.” he said quietly.

I looked away. I don’t want someone else. I can’t imagine being with anyone other than Kris right now.

Luhan continued to stare at me. It was starting to make me feel a bit uncomfortable...

“Ji Eun... I care about you.”

My eyes widened and I quickly looked back at him.

“I’m not joking around. I care about you a lot. In fact...” His grip on my shoulder got tighter.

“I like you.”

 

________________

yep, lots of jealous and angry kris :3 (no punching though ._. I'm leaving all of the violence for my other fic xD)

how will she react to luhan's confession? find out next time ;D

thanks to all the new subscribers + commenters! <3