Chapter 17 - I Can't Help It....

You Are My Target!

“Y-You want t-to what?” I stuttered nervously. Did he seriously just ask me out?!

“I want to date you.” he repeated. “I don’t care about this target thing anymore. I-” he paused, “I like you.”

I could have sworn there was tiny fireworks going off in my head.

He stood up and approached me. “I swear, I’ll treat you well. Please,” he took my hand. “Please say yes.”

His touch sent heat flowing up my arm once again. Oh no. I’m turning red, I can’t breathe, and my heart feels like it’s going to burst. I just...I just can’t deal with this right now!

I took my hand back, and I ran.

I ran down the stairs, down the hallways, and eventually got back to my classroom. Chanyeol saw me and ran over. “Are you alright? I saw Kris take you away, but I didn’t know where you went. Did he do anything to you?”

I shook my head, too out of breath to answer. Xiumin handed me a water bottle. I drank half of it in one gulp.

“Thanks.” I said to him. “No, nothing happened with Kris. We just...talked.” Chanyeol looked at me doubtfully. “Don’t worry! I’m fine, and that’s all that matters.”

He sighed. “Well as long as you’re alright, I guess it’s fine.” He eyed the doorway “Just tell us if he’s giving you trouble.”

I glanced at the door. Kris had just walked in. He eyed me as he walked in, but only for a moment. Then he went directly to his seat. How am I supposed to sit next to him after I just ran away like that?

The bell rang. I took a deep breath and slowly walked towards my seat. I sat down and glanced at him from the corner of my eye. He was staring out of the window, looking bored.

Does he hate me for running away? Now that I think about it, maybe running away wasn’t the greatest idea....I should have said something!

Maybe, I should have said yes? Or should should I have said no? Argh, I’m so confused right now! I want to date him and yet I don’t. I believe him, but I’m scared he might by lying to me. I like him and yet I hate him!

For the rest of the day he ignored me. As soon as the bell signaling the end of the school day rang, he packed up his stuff and walked briskly out of the class.

I guess he really is angry at me. I felt bad, but instantly pushed that feeling away. I shouldn’t feel bad. Think about all of those girls who had their hearts broken by him. I’m not bad, I’m just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

~the next day~

“Can I sit with you guys?”

Xiumin paused, a spoonful of rice just about to reach his mouth. Chanyeol had his mouth wide open in surprise. And me? I was completely frozen, staring up at Kris, who was standing by our table with an amused expression on his face.

“I’ll take your silence as a yes.” he said, pulling up a chair and sitting next to me.

“Hey, wait a second. Why do you want to sit with us?” Chanyeol asked suspiciously.

“Because I want to get closer to Ji Eun of course.” Kris winked at me, then began to eat.

“But-” I started to say, trying to think of a good reason why he shouldn’t be sitting with us.

…......Ugh, I give up.

“It’s alright with you guys, right?” Kris gave Chanyeol and Xiumin an intense ‘agree or you’ll regret it’ glare. They nodded frantically, and continued eating their lunches. Kris turned to me with a sweet smile. “See? Everything’s alright.”

Nothing is alright! You confessed to me, then you ignore me, and now you want to sit with me?

“Hey guys.” We all turned around. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo walked in and came to our table. They both looked pretty surprised when they saw Kris sitting next to me.

“Oh! Um...Hi Kris.” Baekhyun said slowly.

“What is he doing here?” Kyungsoo asked, shooting a dirty look at Kris, who glared right back at him. “Is he bothering Ji Eun with all of his target nonsense again?”

“Woah, I’ve never seen Kyungsoo this annoyed before!” Chanyeol whispered to Xiumin.

“For your information Mr. Ex-Boyfriend, Ji Eun isn’t my target anymore. I’m done with that now.” Kris replied, continuing to glare at Kyungsoo.

“What? Ji Eun isn’t a target anymore?” Xiumin asked.

“And you guys aren’t act-....dating anymore?” I could have sworn Baekhyun was about to say ‘acting like a couple.’

“Just because we’re not dating, doesn’t mean she’s automatically yours. Leave her alone. You’re just lying to make her fall for you.” Kris’ eyes widened. He probably never expected Kyungsoo to be so blunt with him. Oh no, what if they start fighting or something?!

“Kyungsoo, come with me for a second!” I cried, grabbing his arm and leading him away from Kris. We walked to one of the benches outside the school.

“I don’t know what he’s told you, but he’s probably just lying. This is probably how he got all of those other girls to fall for him. Don’t fall for it!” he urged me.

“I know but....a part of me thinks that this time, he might not be lying.” I said quietly.

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to argue, but sighed instead. “I just don’t want you to be hurt by him.” He walked over and sat on the bench. “Is there any chance...that you like him?” he asked quietly.

I was stunned by his question. I mean, I do think that I’m starting to have feelings for Kris (which I am really trying to repress...), but I really don’t want to tell him that! After all, I’d feel bad if I said I liked Kris right after Kyungsoo confessed to me only a few days ago.

“I’m not sure.” I said nervously. “But I do think...that I’m starting to like him...”

A look of pain flashed across his face.

“Why does it have to be him of all people?” he asked me. “Haven’t you heard about how he’s treated all those other girls? You’re going to end up just like them!”

He grabbed my shoulders. “I’m not just saying this because I’m jealous. I really care about you, as a friend. And I want you to be safe.”

My heart felt slightly heavier. He cares about me so much. I really do want to listen to him though. I should stay away from Kris. I shouldn’t believe him when he says he likes me.

And yet...I just can’t do it.

I really do like Kris.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered to Kyungsoo.

He let me go. He seemed to understand what I meant.

“I guess I can’t stop you then.” He began to walk away, but turned back and said, “If he hurts you, I’m going to kill him.”

“Thank you.” I said to him. “Not just for that, but because you’re caring so much about me. You’re a really good person.”

He smiled a bit. “No problem.” He continued to walk back to class.

I sat on the bench and gave a loud sigh. Kyungsoo is right. I really shouldn’t like Kris.

But I can’t help it.

_________________________________________

four chapters at once! I hope you enjoyed them ^^

Now moving on to a more delicate topic: Kyungsoo.

I know a lot of you guys commented and said that you didn't want him to fall for her, and I read them and took your opinions into account.

But that was the way I had originally planned for things to happen.

I tried to change it up a bit, and make him confess to someone else: HAEMI! xD but that was EXTREMELY hard to write for some reason Dx

so I just left things as they were and kept on writing, because it just seemed to flow better in my mind -.-

So to everyone who was a D.O. supporter, I'm sorry, and I hope you don't hate me too much ;_;

love you all <3