Chapter 21 - Spreading the News

You Are My Target!

“I can’t do this! Can’t you just tell her instead?”

“Hey, I’m not the one dating him, you are!”

“But she’s going to kill me!”

“Even if tell her, do you think that will change?”

“No....But still! Please tell her for me?”

“Shut up you two, she’s here!”

Chanyeol, Xiumin and I quieted as Haemi skipped into the classroom.

“Morning everyone!” She came up to us, looking at our expressions. “What’s up? Why does everyone look so serious?”

“Ji Eun has something to announce to you.” Xiumin said.

“Really? What is it? Tell me!”

I prayed that her reaction wouldn’t be too bad.

“Haemi, I’m dating Kris.”

….........

“WHAT?” she screeched.

I sighed.
It’s going to be bad.


“YOU AND KRIS ARE DATING?” she yelled. “After we spent so much effort trying to keep him away from you? And then you just decide to go ahead and date him?!” She grabbed my shoulders and shook me. “Please please please tell me you’re joking!” she begged.

“I’m sorry, but it’s the truth.” I said.

She let go of me and grabbed onto Chanyeol instead. “My poor Ji Eun, in the hands of that monster!” she moaned.

“And now I understand why you wanted to wait.” Kris had just entered the classroom. “I could hear her from down the hallway. And I’m not a monster.”

Haemi stared at him icily. “You! How dare you! You’re just going to break her heart aren’t you?!” She pointed at him. “I refuse to let you date Ji Eun!”

“Haemi stop it!” Everyone turned to look at me. “I like him. Whether you approve or not, I’m going out with him. But I really want you to be on my side for this.” I gave her a pleading look. “Please just trust me on this one? You know I would never date him unless I really liked him.”

She opened , probably to start yelling again, but Chanyeol put his hand over . “Don’t yell.” he warned her. He removed his hand.

Haemi continued to glare at Kris. “As much as I hate this, I don’t want to make Ji Eun sad. So... I guess I can put up with it.”

“Thanks-” I was saying, but she cut me off.

However, I still don’t approve of this. I don’t trust him yet.” She started walking out of the classroom.

“Hey, where are you going? We have like, 8 more minutes until class starts.” Chanyeol called to her.

She turned around angrily. “I’m going to go see Suho, because I want someone to comfort me!” she yelled, running out of class.

I looked over at Kris. He shrugged. ‘It’s better than nothing. She’ll approve eventually. Have we told everyone yet? Or are there still more people who have to yell at me?”

“Nope, I think that’s everyone.” I gave him a hug. “Thank you for putting up with all of this. It’s probably not easy for you.”

He wrapped his arms around me. “It’s alright. I guess I can’t really blame them, after all the things I’ve done. I’ll just prove that I’m a good boyfriend, and everything will be fine.” He gave me a small kiss on the cheek.

“Ew...get a room you two.” Chanyeol said. Xiumin pretended to throw up behind him.

I laughed and stuck my tongue out at them. “Deal with it.”

The morning bell rang and everyone went to their seats as the teacher entered.

“Good morning class. Now as many of you should know, exams are coming up in 2 weeks.” The whole class gave a collective sigh. “Now now, don’t be like that. Make sure to study hard and do well. If you don’t pass, you’ll have to stay for summer school.” He looked us over. “I hope that there will not be too many of you who require that. Now let’s go over some of the problems you’ll see on the exam. Turn to page 501 in your textbooks....”

I almost forgot about exams! Crap, I only have two more weeks to study! And my math mark is way lower than average.

How am I going to pass this exam?

~

After school, Kris and I were walking home together.

“So do you have any plans for summer break yet?” he asked me.

“Right now I’m just hoping that I’ll actually have a summer break.” I sighed. He looked at me questioningly. “I’m doing so horribly in math. I think I might have to go to summer school.”

“Well if it’s math help you need, you should come over to my place sometime. Tao is really good at math.”

“Tao?” I haven’t really talked to Tao that much ever since I moved here. I see him occasionally, but when I do we usually only greet each other. “Are you sure? I don’t know him that well.”

“Don’t worry. Tao will tutor anybody. He wants to become a teacher, so he’ll just think of it as practice.” He grinned. “And I get to spend more time with you.”

So I get a math tutor AND I get to see Kris more often?

“Sounds good to me!” I said cheerfully.

“Great! I’ll ask Tao about it, and I’ll tell you when to come over.”

We finally reached our building. “I guess I have to go now.” he said, giving me a hug and a kiss. I smiled shyly. He refused to let go of me, so I rested in his arms for a few minutes.

“I have to go to my job soon you know.” I warned him.

He sighed and let go of me. “Alright, I guess I can let you go just this once.” he said, giving me a wink. “See you tomorrow.” He watched me walk up the stairs, and then entered his own house.

I walked into my room with a huge smile on my face. Things are going really good with Kris right now.

Hopefully they’ll stay that way.

______________

maybe they will.....and maybe they won't *evil laugh*