Chapter 28 - You Are My Target!

You Are My Target!

I quickly turned my head towards him, staring at him in disbelief.

“You....” I said, my voice trailing off. Did I hear that right? Maybe he was just joking around or-

“Ji Eun, I like you. You don’t need Kris. I’ll treat you better than he did.” Luhan was completely serious.

I didn’t say anything. I was too shocked. It was too much for me to handle, right after my argument with Kris.

“...Do you need some time? To think it over.”

I nodded slowly.

He smiled. “Ok. We can talk later.” He took his arm away and stood up. “Haemi and the others should be done now, don’t you think? We should go check on them.” he said cheerfully, acting as if he hadn’t just confessed to me. He held out his hand, helping me to stand as well.

Haemi rushed out of the store, dragging Suho along with her. Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Xiumin followed them.

“Sorry we took so long. Suho kept rejecting everything I picked for him.” She pouted at Suho, who looked away stubbornly.

“Where’s Kris?” Xiumin asked me.

“He probably went back to the house...” I said. I actually have no idea where he went, but he has to come back to the house eventually.

“Probably? What, are you not sure where he is right now or-”

“OK! Let’s go find a place for lunch, alright? Aren’t you guys hungry?” Haemi exclaimed, cutting Xiumin off.

At the mention of lunch, everyone got excited. Haemi looked at me, and I gave her a small smile, to thank her for changing the topic.

We started to walk along the street, looking for a nice restaraunt. While Haemi and the others chatted and walked in a group, I stayed slightly behind them.

Luhan lagged a bit and waited until I was next to him before he started walking again.

“Are you alright?” he asked me.

“Hm? Oh, don’t worry, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” He frowned. “Are you angry at me?”

“Of course not!” I exclaimed. “You just caught me off guard... That’s all.”

“Ah...” He blushed a bit and looked away. “Sorry. I shouldn’t have asked you so soon... That was stupid of me.”

“No, it’s fine...”

“Smile a bit, ok? I don’t like seeing you all gloomy like this.” He smiled so cutely that I just had to smile back. “There, that’s much better.”

“Yah! You two slowpokes hurry up!”

Everyone else had already entered a restaurant about 5 stores ahead of us. Chanyeol was outside, waving frantically at us.

“Better go catch up with everyone!” Luhan said, running off to Chanyeol as fast as he could. I walked over at a comfortable pace, smiling at his energy.

I’m on vacation. I should be enjoying myself, like everyone else is.

I guess my problems can wait for a bit.

~

I stood in front of Kris’ door. Is he sleeping yet? Maybe I should just come back tomorrow instead...

I sighed. I can’t keep avoiding this. I want to make things right with him. Or try at the very least.

I knocked on the door gently, just in case he was actually asleep.

There was no answer. I leaned closer to the door and pressed my ear against it, listening for any noises. I knocked again.

It was very faint, but I heard something. A soft ‘thud’, as though he was putting something down.

“Kris? Are you awake?”

There was still no response.

“Kris, you’re awake aren’t you? I definitely heard something.”

“I don’t want to talk right now.”

I tried to open the door, but it was locked.

“Kris please, just let me in.” I pleaded. But he didn’t answer this time.

“I don’t like it when I can’t see you.” Still no response.

I give up. He clearly doesn’t want to see me right now. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow.

“Goodnight Kris.” I whispered, walking away from his door and going into my own room.

But I couldn’t sleep, no matter how hard I tried. Too many thoughts in my head. I eventually got up and changed out of my pj's, planning to take a walk outside for some fresh air, to clear my head a bit.

I quietly cracked open my door, looking up and down the hallway. No sign of anyone.

I snuck down the stairs and into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

There was a noise from upstairs. The sound of footsteps.

I whipped my head towards it, and just as I did, someone the light in the hallway.

Instinctively, I ran to the small sitting area and hid behind one of the couches, listening closely to the sound of footsteps getting louder and louder.

It sounds like there’s more than one person... What’s going on?

I peered over the couch, watching as Kyungsoo and Luhan walked down the stairs and into the room.

What are they doing up so late? And why do they look so serious?

Maybe they’re sneaking out, but that’s something Chanyeol or Xiumin would do. I can’t imagine Kyungsoo agreeing to something like that. And Luhan and Kyungsoo barely even talk to each other, why would they be together at this hour?

That’s when I realized how stupid I was, hiding behind the couch. Why am I even hiding in the first place? But I decided just to just stay where I was. It would be pretty silly if I suddenly jumped up from behind the couch....

They walked right past me, heading towards the front door.

I checked to make sure they were gone, and then I stood up and followed them.

They walked outside, passed through the small garden in the front, and came to a stop right outside of the fence. I hid behind a bush behind the fence, finding a spot where I could see them and still stay hidden.

“So what did you want to talk about, Kyungsoo?”

“I heard you and Ji Eun talking earlier today.”

I froze. He heard us? That means he heard about Kris and I fighting....and about Luhan’s confession!

“So?” Luhan didn’t seem as surprised as I was.

“Do you really like her?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Then is that why you’re purposely trying to sabotage her relationship with Kris?”

What.....did he just say?

“Excuse me?”

“Don’t even try to play innocent. Maybe the others can’t see it, but I can. You had absolutely no reason to go into her room yesterday night. Except... You wanted to make Kris jealous.”

Luhan stayed silent, and Kyungsoo continued, “Kris gets jealous easily. You probably knew that already, seeing as you’ve met before. You saw how he reacted when she fed you at dinner yesterday. It was the perfect chance for you, wasn’t it?”

I waited for Luhan to deny it. He’s not like that. He wouldn’t purposely try to get Kris and I to break up...would he?

“So what if I did?”

No way.

It’s....true?!

“I did it on purpose. I was trying to make him jealous, and it worked. But so what? I heard about what he was like in the past. He doesn’t deserve to be with her!” Luhan glared at Kyungsoo. “And you’re one to talk... Don’t you hate him as well? I heard from Chanyeol that you even dated her at one point, to help Kris stay away from her!”

“That’s true. I hated him. I still hate him.” Kyungsoo sighed. “But she likes him a lot. And he’s changed. He can make her happy now. I can’t, and neither can you. She wants him.”

“Not for long. Kris is too proud. He won’t go back to her anytime soon. And I’ll use that time to make her mine.”

“It won’t work-”

“It will!” Luhan exclaimed. He stormed off angrily, not even noticing me in the bushes.

Luhan.... He did it on purpose.... I still couldn’t believe it. But he admitted it himself, and he wasn't even ashamed of it.

Kris was right. I shouldn’t have defended him.

“Ji Eun? Are you alright?”

I jumped. Kyungsoo was peering over the bush, looking down at me.

“You knew I was here?!”

“Of course. Luhan didn’t see you, but I did. I saw you hiding behind the couch when we came downstairs.”

“Oh...” And here I thought that I was actually good at hiding...

I stood up and dusted off a few leaves from my clothing. “Thanks...for defending Kris. And for letting me know the truth.”

“That’s what friends do, right?”

I smiled and gave him a hug. “Of course.”

“But now what are you going to do? Kris is still angry.”

“I’ll talk to him tomorrow. Maybe he’ll actually forgive me this time...”

“And if he doesn’t? Luhan is right, he is proud. He wants you to feel the same way he did, that’s why he’s doing this.”

“I...” I’m hoping he’s wrong, but chances are he isn’t. What will I do if Kris doesn’t want to get back together?

Kyungsoo patted my shoulder. “Just think about it, ok? Everyone is rooting for you. If you need help, we’ll be here.”

“Thanks.”

“You should sleep soon. You’ll need it for tomorrow.”

“You’re right. I’ll go back soon.” I sat on the ground. “I just need to think for a while.”


“If you say so...” Kyungsoo looked down at me. “Goodnight Ji Eun.”

“Goodnight.”

I looked out at the ocean as he walked back to the house. I need to think of something to do. I need a plan.

I tried to brainstorm, but nothing helpful came to mind.

I yawned. Maybe something will come to me in the morning. For now, I need to sleep.

~

I stood completely still as the lock clicked on his door.

As soon as Kris left his room, just as he closed his door, I ran out and grabbed his arm.

“We’re talking. Now.” I dragged him down the stairs and past the kitchen, where everyone was eating breakfast.

“Ji Eun! I made pancakes! Come have some- Wait...what are you doing?” Haemi asked while the rest of the group stared at us.

“Don’t mind us, keep eating.” I didn’t even glance at them, intent on dragging Kris out of the house. I’m surprised he didn’t just push me away.

We finally made it out of the house, and I released him.

He crossed his arms. “So what did you want to say this time?”

I quickly grabbed his face, bringing his lips to mine. I pulled back and said, “I’m sorry for everything Kris. I know you don’t want to forgive me, and I understand why. But I can’t stand not being with you. So whether you like it or not, I’m yours. Not Luhan’s, yours.” I stood back and watched his reaction.

He was a bit shocked, his jaw hanging slightly. Then he composed himself. “So you think that just because you kiss me and apologize everything’s instantly cleared?”

“Only if you want it to be.” I hoped that he would.

He bit his lip, looking away from me. “I...I still don’t forgive you.” he said finally.

Kyungsoo was right. He’s still angry at me.

This is just like when I first met him, except reversed. He wanted me and I totally hated him. And then there was that time when I was his target-

That’s it.

“If you’re done, then I’m going to go-”

“Not so fast!” I yelled.

He almost jumped. “What?!”

I took a few steps back, extending my arm and pointing right at his face.

“You still won’t forgive me? Do you think you’re better than me or something? We’ll see about that.”

He looked confused, but his eyes widened when it dawned on him. These words sounded similar to what he said to me. My first day at school, in gym class, right after the dodgeball game.

I’m going to get him to forgive me again, no matter what!

“Kris, you are my target!”

________________

it's been a while, eh? ;D

but seriously....

I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE Dx

I got kind of busy and next thing I knew, two weeks passed just like that!

I hope you guys aren't too pissed at me ;_;

on the other hand...yay reverse situation! x3