Chapter 13 - Paper Cuts

You Are My Target!

sorry for the long wait! this chapter took me forever to write Dx

 

The teacher threw a huge stack of papers on the desk, followed by an even bigger one of envelopes.

“I want all of these to be sorted today. Papers with a blue sticker go in these blue envelopes, and papers without stickers are to be placed in the red envelopes. Understand?” she said.

“Yes miss.” Kris and I answered. After she left, I sat on one of the seats and stared forlornly at the humongous pile of paperwork.

“The sooner we start the sooner we can leave.” I said, taking half of the papers and envelopes, pushing them towards my side of the desk and beginning to sort them.

I was halfway done when I looked up at Kris, who was sorting at an extremely slow pace. He had only sorted a small amount of the massive pile of papers next to him.

“Can’t you do it any faster?” I asked exasperatedly. “I want to go home!”

He looked up at me. “Why? So you can go hang out with your boyfriend?”

“What I do after school is none of your business.” I replied curtly. “I just want to get this done and leave.” I took half of his remaining papers and began sorting those as well.

“Ow!” I hissed as I accidently cut my finger on one of the papers. Damn, I hate paper cuts!

“Are you alright?” Kris asked. He actually looked really concerned.

“It’s nothing, just a paper cut.” I said. I was about to continue working, but he took the papers out of my hands. I looked at him, about to glare at him and tell him to leave me alone. But Kris only put the papers back into his pile and started to sort them at a much faster pace.

“You don’t have to do this, it’s not like I’m mortally wounded...” I muttered.

He gave me a dazzling smile. “Don’t worry babe, just relax and I'll do it.” he said.

Well, if he wants to do it, then why should I stop him? I sat back in my seat and examined my finger. “Aish, it’s still bleeding.” I sighed. Kris put away the last envelope and looked up at me.

“Then let me take care of it.”

In a second he was right beside me. He gently took my hand and examined the cut. “I’m going to be fine, you can let go now...” I said, trying to pull my hand away. He kept a firm grip on it and looked at me. I stopped talking. That look in his eyes gave me shivers. My heart began to beat faster.

Very slowly, he raised my hand up to his mouth, and lightly pressed his lips to the cut. I breathed in sharply.

Oh my goodness. His mouth. Is on. My hand.

Despite my mental freakout, I was completely still, mouth slightly open, as he gently kissed my finger. His mouth still on my hand, he looked at me again, a slight twinkle in his eyes. Then, I felt his tongue lightly touch the cut. My heart almost leaped out of my chest.

I immediately pulled my hand back and stood up. Why did I let him do that? Why did he do that in the first place? Is this another trick to get me to like him? Why am I out of breath? Why is my heart beating so damn fast? So many questions were running through my head, and yet I couldn’t answer any of them.

“You’re blushing.” Kris said quietly. He sounded really different now. He’s not teasing me or smirking or anything. In fact, he seems completely serious. I can’t tell if he’s acting or not.

He took a step towards me and pressed his hand against my cheek.

“So warm.” he murmured. Again, I found myself unable to move, unable to do anything except watch him observe me, taking in every detail of my face.

Is it just me, or is he getting closer?

He really was getting closer, his face inching towards mine. I held my breath. Is he planning to...?

I really should push him away. I should be getting out of here right now. The papers are done. Why am I still here? Why am I letting him do this?

Do I want him to do it?

Before I could think of an answer for that, Kris suddenly pulled away. He walked over to the desk and grabbed the stack of envelopes.

“I’ll go give these to the teacher.” he said, walking out of the classroom, leaving me to just stand in the middle of the room.

….What just happened?

I fell to the floor, clutching my chest. My heart was still beating crazily.

Ok, so Kris was just about to kiss me, and then he just stopped? What kind of guy does that? Did he do that just to piss me off? If he’s going to get that close, he should just do it-

Woah. Did I really just think that? No. I’m just not in the right state of mind now. There’s no way I wanted him to kiss me. I just need to go home, get some rest, and everything will be alright...

I stood up and had just grabbed my bag when Kris reentered the classroom. “You’re still here.” he said, surprised.

“I was just about to leave.” I said, shouldering my bag and walking out of the classroom. As I walked down the hallway, I could hear his footsteps behind me. I decided that it would be best to ignore him. I’m not sure if I can face him right now...

“Hey!” he said, trying to get my attention. I walked faster.

“Yah!” he yelled. “Don’t ignore me.” he grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him.

I looked at the floor, the walls, the ceiling. Anything but his face. I can’t look at him now! Not after what just happened!

He looked at me, a troubled look on his face. “Are you angry at me?” he asked.

I was taken aback by his question. Why does he care if I’m angry? He’s never cared before.

“I...I don’t know!” I said nervously. “Just leave me alone alright?” I pulled my arm away and ran. Once I left the school, I looked around, sighing with relief when I saw that he was nowhere in sight.

~

I finally made my way home. I lay down on my bed, snuggling up in my blanket. Now all of the questions that were left unanswered flooded back into my head.

Did I really want him to do it? Did I want to be kissed by Kris?

No, I have to hate him. He’s mean. He’s a jerk.

Do I really hate him?

Yes I do! He’s mean and horrible.

He seemed so nice earlier...

That was an act. Don’t be fooled. You’re his target remember?

Does being his target really seem that bad right now?

...I’m not sure...

Would it really be that bad if I kissed him?

Do I want to kiss him?

I do.

I wanted him to kiss me...

 

____________

THE AMOUNT OF EFFORT IT TOOK TO WRITE THIS x.x

I hope you guys enjoyed it ! :P