Chapter 11 - Heartbeat

You Are My Target!

“Honestly, do you have nothing better to do than just sit here and wait for me?” I demanded.

I had just walked out of my home the next morning and what do I find? Kris sitting at the bottom of the stairs. How lovely. I glared at him as he stood up and smiled kindly at me. “And stop smiling at me like that! I already know what you're really like, so stop acting nice.”

He looked at me curiously. “Why are you being so difficult? Do you really hate me that much? I'm not that bad once you get to know me. I'm harmless.”

I laughed. Kris? Harmless? Then why the heck are so many people afraid to make him angry?

“Well even if I did, it doesn't really matter now.” I said. “I already have a guy I'm interested in!”

That got his attention. “You like someone? Who? Do they go to our school?”

I grinned. The plan is working already. “Why do you care so much Kris? Aww, is someone jealous?” I asked teasingly. He glared at me and I laughed. “Don't worry about it, he's much better than you are, you don't even have a chance-”

I gasped as Kris suddenly pinned me against the wall of the building and looked me right in the eyes. His dark, cold gaze held me.

“I usually don't put in this much effort on one girl,” he whispered, his face right in front of mine. “But you're different.” He smirked. “I kind of like that. A girl who actually fights back.” He brushed his lips against my ear as he said this, sending shivers down my spine. I pushed him away and backed up quickly.

“You're blushing a little. How cute.” he said, grinning.

Aish, how am I not supposed to blush when you're that close to me?! I decided to walk away without saying anything; I was too nervous to look at him. Besides, he thinks I like someone else. He'll eventually take the hint, right?

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. “Yah, don't just walk away from me.” Kris said.

“What now?” I asked angrily, turning around to face him.

He only smiled and leaned his face down to mine, and gave me a small kiss on the cheek. I stood there, speechless. He leaned back and smiled.

“See you at school babe.” was all he said, and then he left.

I slowly reached my hand up to my cheek, where he had just kissed me. It was warm. , I'm blushing again! I slapped my cheeks, trying to clear my head. Trying to forget about the feeling of his his soft, warm lips pressing against my cheek...

Ugh, get over it! He's only doing this for his own benefit! He doesn't feel anything towards me!

....Then why is my heart beating so fast?

 

________________

40 subscribers? omg thank you so much ;_; 

and thanks for all of the comments!

I love you all <3