Chapter 5 - New Target

You Are My Target!

Next period was gym. The gym teacher was running late, so Chanyeol used the extra time to introduce me to his friend Xiumin, a slightly chubby, but still adorable, guy. I looked over to where Kris was standing and laughing with a bunch of guys. As if he knew I was looking, he looked over at me and winked. I felt my face turn warm and turned away. Why did he enjoy teasing me like this?

A few seconds later, the gym teacher entered. “Alright class, today we'll be playing dodgeball, so everyone separate into two teams.” The class slowly shifted and formed two groups: one including me, Chanyeol, and Xiumin; the other including Kris.

As the game started, I tried to forget about him as I hurled the balls at the members of his team. But I began to notice that Kris was specifically aiming for me. As I dodged the fifteenth ball he sent at me (which nearly hit me in the face!), I glared at him, my anger starting to resurface. He only gave me an evil smile as he picked up another ball, probably to throw at me again.

Not if I could help it.

I stole a ball out of Chanyeol's hand (“Hey, that's mine!”) and aimed carefully. Then I whipped it at Kris with all of my strength. The ball flew across the gym to hit him directly in the stomach. He stood there, shocked, as the rest of my team cheered loudly. Without Kris, the rest of the team was taken out easily.

After the game, Chanyeol ran over to me and gave me a high five. “Nice! Kris is always the hardest one to take out. Did you see his face when that ball hit him? Gosh, I wish I had a camera on me...” his voice trailed off as he looked past me, his eyes widening. I turned around.

Kris was right behind me. And he looked pissed.

Even though I was startled, I was feeling so confident that I managed to say, “What? You mad just because you lost to someone like me?” I even gave him a cheeky smile. “Go ahead and be angry. I'm not afraid of you!” And seeing the pissed off look on his face was totally worth it. But then he smiled, and pointed at me.

“You.” he said. “You think you're better than me? We'll see about that.” He looked straight into my eyes. “You are my new target.” Then he walked away.

Chanyeol stood there, his mouth wide open. “What does he mean? I'm his target? Target for what?” I asked him. Chanyeol shook his head.

“He means he's going to make you fall for him.”

 

___________

*gasp* dundundun >:D

Ji Eun is officially a target! x3

y face leader <3