Unexpected Visitor

My Addiction

 

 
Bom slowly her new laptop. It's pink - her favorite color. It was her parents birthday gift for her. She smiled as she surfed the internet comfortably while lying down her bed. She opened the web browser and thought of chatting with Dara. But she stopped as she was greeted by Google's homepage.
 
Bom hesitated for a second then slowly typed in the search bar: Kang Hyun Mi. Bom pressed the search button.
 
"Omo..." Bom thought as she read the results displayed on the screen.
 
A few hours earlier...
 
"Park Bom-ah, mianhe." Ji Yong said with a solemn expression on his face. His usual smile was gone.
 
"Eh?" she mumbled at Ji Yong. They were in front of the dessert cafe and they just bumped into their school physician, the pretty Ms. Kang.
 
"I can't accompany you home today, Park Bom-ah" his voice trailed off as he looked straight at Ms. Kang.
 
"Ji Yong-ah, we need to talk" Ms. Kang said as she looked between Bom and Ji Yong.
 
"Ah, arasseo..." Bom nervously answered as she clutched the box of cake from Ji Yong's hands. Bom politely bowed to Ji Yong and Ms. Kang and left.
 
"Kang Hyun Mi..." Bom read aloud from her laptop. Her eyes widened as she continued to scroll down the page.
 
"Omo...so she's a former model who quit during her college days..." Bom said to no one. "And she married four years ago!?"
 
Bom continued to read and saw the past photos of Kang Hyun Mi during her modelling career. "She's so pretty.." Bom thought.
 
"Oh... after being married for a year, the married couple split with a divorce?" Bom repeated in surprise. "Aigo, but what does this have to do with Ji Yong?"
 
Bom was engrossed in reading about the mysterious past of their school physician that she didn't realize her mother was calling her from the kitchen.
 
"Park Bom!"
 
"Ah, umma~!" Bom closed her laptop and went downstairs.
 
~~
 
Bom carried two bags of groceries and walked home. Her mother asked her to buy some vegetables and some meat for their birthday dinner for Bom. The sun was nearly setting and the orange haze dominated the afternoon sky.
 
"I should hurry back home" Bom thought as she squinted her eyes which were blinded from the afternoon haze.
 
Bom decided to take a shortcut and passed by the park. It was the same park where she and Dara watched Ji Yong and Seunghyun perform during the weekends. Bom couldn't help but think of Ji Yong and the scene that she witnessed again.
 
"What is the connection between Kang Hyun Mi and Ji Yong?" she asked herself for the fifth time that day..or was it sixth? Bom was so lost in thought that she didn't see that she was about to bump to someone who was taking a drink from the drinking fountain.
 
"Oww.." Bom muttered as she felt herself hit the ground on her . The grocery bags fell on the floor too and some of the vegetables rolled on the pavement.
 
"I'm sorry!" the guy that she bumped with apologized and offered his hand to Bom. Bom held his hand and stood up.
 
"I'm very sorry, it's my fault." the guy apologized again and picked up the onions and tomato that fell on the ground. "Oh, some of the vegetables were ruined. I'm truly sorry."
 
Bom looked at the guy.
 
"Oh~ Seunghyun-ssi!" Bom said in surprise. She just realized that it was Seunghyun that she bumped in to.
 
"Oh, sunbae!" Seunghyun said, apparently in shock too. "Ah, I didn't recognize you a while ago. Ahh, now I'm more ashamed and sorry for bumping and ruining sunbae's vegetables."
 
"Anieyo..." Bom said and waved her open hands to show that it was all right. But Seunghyun noticed a scrape in Bom's palm when she tried to break her fall.
 
"Omo, you're hurt." Seunghyun exclaimed and held Bom's palm to check on it.
 
Bom blushed at Seunghyun's action and lowered her head down. She withdrew her hand swiftly.
 
"It's really nothing, Seunghyun-ssi." Bom mumbled. "I have to get going now.."
 
But before Bom could walk away, Seunghyun took the grocery bags from Bom's hands.
 
"I'll take you home, sunbae." He said with a smile. "It's the least I can do for the ruined vegetables."
 
"Ahh, you don't have to Seunghyun-ssi, it's fine." Bom answered and tried to reach for the bags. But Seunghyun held it up high that Bom couldn't reach.
 
"Aniyo~ I insist, sunbae.." He answered and held it up higher. "Okay~?"
 
"Arasseo.." Bom gave in and they started to walk to Bom's home together.
 
The two walked with awkward distance between them. Seunghyun let Bom to be ahead of a few steps so he can follow her and to also keep a watch out for dangerous people since it was getting dark already. Meanwhile, Bom slowed down her pace so Seunghyun could keep up. She was worried that she was walking so fast that Seunghyun would have a hard time keeping up with her. 
 
She glanced at Seunghyun at the same time he glanced at Bom.
 
Bom suddenly looked away and blushed. It was followed by awkward laughter from the both of them.
 
"Yah, sunbae.. let's walk together so it won't be confusing." Seunghyun suggested and they both stopped walking.
 
Bom nodded.
 
"Okay, let's start with right foot." Seunghyun smiled at Bom.
 
"3" They counted together.
 
"2"
 
"1"
 
"Yah~ Seunghyun-ssi you're walking so fast" Bom laughed. "Ahh~ we're so confusing! Even I'm confused."
 
Seunghyun just smiled at Bom. He was glas that she was finally laughing again. Bom noticed Seunghyun smiling at her.
 
"Seunghyun-ssi, why are you being so kind to me?" Bom said but suddenly blushed. "Ah~ no I didn't mean it that way.. What I mean is today, you're so helpful and- "
 
Seunghyun interrupted Bom. "It was because sunbae is so spaced out a while ago. You looked sad and I wanted to cheer you up. It worked right?"
 
"Ne." Bom answered with a blush. "Well, we're here." They stopped in front of a black gate. 
 
Seunghyun admired Bom's house. It was just modest in size with a hint of modern architecture. It has a homey feel to it.
 
"Ah, sorry for all the trouble sunbae." Seunghyun apologized again.
 
"I should be the one apologizing," Bom modestly said. "O, Seunghyun-ssi, would you like to have dinner with us?" 
 
Before Seunghyun could reply, Bom's mother went out to their gate and saw her only daughter talking to a handsome guy that she has never seen before.
 
"Omo~" she exclaimed which surprised that two teens at the gate. "Bommie brought home a handsome boy."
 
"Umma..." Bom shyly said avoiding Seunghyun's eyes.
 
"Are you her boyfriend?" Bom's mother asked Seunghyun.
 
"Umm, no ma'am.. I'm Bom's schoolmate, Choi Seunghyun." Seunghyun answered calmly although he was blushing.
 
"Just a schoolmate, eh?" She teased much to Bom's annoyance.
 
"Umma!" (>.<)
 
"Ahh, that was also how me and your father started~" Bom's mother continued as she admire Seunghyun.
 
"Aigo, Seunghyun-ssi has to go now right?" Bom hinted at Seunghyun and elbowed him.
 
"Actually..." Seunghyun cleared his throat. "Bom invited me for dinner tonight, eomonim."
 
~~
thanks for reading ♥ it's mostly bomtop in this update
my laptop is still acting weird but sometimes it will charge
that's why i find it hard to write constantly (>.<)
i'm also planning another GBOM fic, this time involving a cat 
i hope you look forward to it Addicteds.