My Addiction

 

 

It has been almost two weeks since the start of school at YG High. Female students still haven’t stopped fangirling and stalking the two first years, Kwon Ji Yong and Choi Seunghyun. In fact, they have become even more popular as the days go by specially towards the older female students. This caused quite some trouble for the two because aside from dodging noona fans, they also had to hide from jealous hyung schoolmates.

                “Ahhh~ why did it come to this?” Ji Yong wondered as he hid inside one of the storage rooms with Seunghyun. “I didn’t know entering a co-ed high school can be so troublesome.”

                “Shut up Ji Yong!” Seunghyun answered raising his voice a bit. “I know you enjoy the attention the girls have been giving you.”

                “Hey~~ don’t raise your voice.. we might be discovered here” Ji Yong said covering Seunghyun’s mouth with his hand.

                It was after school hours already and there are still a lot of students around the campus for club activities. No clubs has yet caught the fancy of Ji Yong and Seunghyun. They were loitering around the campus to kill time.

                “Yah, what about the fishing club? Sounds fun eh~?” Ji Yong asked Seunghyun jokingly.

                Seunghyun didn’t answer because he has his earphones plugged to his ear. Ji Yong looked at him with an annoyed face. He took one earphone out and blew air at Seunghyun’s ear.

                “Yahh~!” Seunghyun said in surprise.

                “Hey hey hey Seunghyun~ share your music” Ji Yong said with a smile as he put the earphone in his ear. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the beat of the music. He slowly bobbed his head to the rhythm of the hip-hop song.

                “Nice song.” Ji Yong exclaimed as he opened his eyes after the song finished.

                “You liked it? I mixed it last night.” Seunghyun answered as he replayed the music. “I knew you would think of a dance choreo as soon as you heard it.”

                “But I think we’ll need a bigger room than this to practice.” Ji Yong said as he eyed the mops and brooms that lined the wall.

                “That is if we can find a place where there won’t be any fans of yours, Ji Yong.” Seunghyun answered with his ear pressed to the door and listening if there were still people outside.

                “Ehh~ why not the rooftop?” Ji Yong suggested with his signature smile.

                “Are you kidding me? The rooftop is prohibited for students.” Seunghyun said sternly.

                “Exactly~” Ji Yong answered with a wink. “Come on.”

~~

                Inside classroom 304, Bom and Dara’s classroom, Bom sat at her desk doodling random stuff on her daily planner. She drew hearts and flowers to outline the shopping list she and Dara made over lunch break. Bom glanced at her wristwatch for the 34th time this afternoon.

                “Aishh, what’s taking Dara so long?” She wondered aloud to no one in particular.

                Bom was waiting for Dara to finish her club practice. Dara is a member of the school’s drama club for over a year now. Ever since, Dara has been persisting Bom to join the club but to no avail.

                “Ehh~ I’m no good in acting and I am  no use to the club anyway~ and besides I’m not interested” is Bom’s usual reply to Dara.

                Bom sighed again as she checked her wristwatch. She promised Dara that they were to go shopping  for new wardrobe for the coming season after her club activities.

                “It’s going to be spring soon eh~” Bom thought as she scribbled the hangul character ‘봄’ which means ‘spring’ and also her first name.

                “My second spring in high school is nearing but I still haven’t made any friends.”  The shy girl sighed again as she began to pack her things up. Aside from Dara, she hasn’t made any close friends during her first year in high school, only acquaintances that she greets in the classroom and the hallway. Bom frowned as she entertained the idea of making new friends. It’s not that she doesn’t like making new friends, Bom just feels shy when it comes to opening up and becoming comfortable in the company of others.

                 Bom suddenly remembered the guy she met at the infirmary during the start of the school year. He was charming and he has an air of confidence surrounding him. For some reason, Bom couldn’t help but think that that guy can befriend anyone he likes.

                 “Kwon Ji Yong.” Bom mumbled his name as she went closer to the open window. “He probably doesn’t get jittery when he thinks of meeting new people and making friends.”

                  Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard some noise coming from the rooftop which is directly above their classroom. It sounded like hip-hop music and two indiscernible voices. Bom tilted her head as she tried to listen more to the music.

                 “Ehh~ isn’t the rooftop prohibited to the students?” she thought as she tried to look out of the window but all she could see was concrete. “But this music~ it’s something I’ve never heard of before.”

                  With another check at her wristwatch, Bom got her backpack from her chair and headed out of the classroom.  She was curious about the music she just heard. With her mobile phone on one hand she sent a message to Dara to just call her when she finished with her club. She made her way towards the rooftop and surprisingly found the door to be unlocked.

                “Aigooo, who could be in here during this time?” Bom thought as she turned the cold doorknob with her hand. “Don’t they know that we’re not allowed here?”

                Bom poked her head outside to take a peek but all she heard was the hip-hop music. She could not see anyone but she heard voices.

                “Ehh~” Bom quietly went out to the rooftop and closed the door behind her. Suddenly to her right she saw Ji Yong and the other guy he was with. They were dancing to the song she had heard a while back which marked the coming of her second spring in high school.

~~

~Thanks for the comments and the subscribe <3 oh and sorry for the cliffhanger~ gotta go sleep now.. (>~<)