Making Way

My Addiction

The loud bell heard on the lazy afternoon woke Dara up. She slowly stretched her arms and hugged the pillow. She tried to reach for her pink pillow but she can't find it. She opened her eyes and scanned the unfamiliar room where she was in.

"Oh that's right, I'm in the infirmary!" Dara regained her senses. She turned around but the bed to her right was empty. "Ji Yong left already?" she asked herself.

"Noona.." a voice suddenly spoke up from behind the curtains.

Dara put her hand over and lied down again. She closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep again.

"Ji Yong-ah, are you feeling alright now?" a female voice spoke.

"Noona, I should be the one to ask you that." Ji Yong said. Dara heard the sound of scraping chairs on the floor. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Ji Yong-ah!" Ms. Kang's voice went higher. "You have no right to speak of him like that!"

"But Noona, why are you going back to him?"

"I know you're concerned, but…"

"But?"

"I'm still in love with him.."

"After all the things he's done to you?" Ji Yong said in an angry tone. Dara's eyes widened as she listened to their conversation in secret. She later heard hard footsteps exiting the infirmary. A few minutes passed then Dara heard muffled crying.

"Ms. Kang…" Dara said as she slowly parted the curtains then went over her.

Ms. Kang was surprised to see Dara. She quickly wiped her tears away from her eyes.

"Mianhe, Park Dara-ssi, you have to see me like this." she slowly said and faked a smile. "I think I'm coming down with something myself."

"Ms. Kang, I heard your conversation.." Dara's voice trailed off. "That was Ji Yong, right?"

Ms. Kang stared in disbelief in Dara but she hesitantly nodded.

"Ne.. I'm sorry you have to hear such an ugly conversation." Ms. Kang stood up to gather her things anxious to leave.

"Ms. Kang?" Dara softly said and helped her gather her things.

"Yes?"

"What is your relationship with Kwon Ji Yong?" Dara asked as she gathered her courage.

Ms. Kang's eyes widened and some of the papers she was holding fell on the floor. She didn't expect that kind of question coming from a student bluntly. She bent down to pick the papers and regained her composure.

"Park Dara-ssi, I don't think you have any business to ask those type of questions." Ms. Kang's voice was stern and strict. Any hint of the crying Ms. Kang that Dara saw a while ago was done.

"Ah, it's because I'm a friend of Ji Yong." Dara tried her best to act convincing. "And, we've noticed him acting strangely this past few days. And the conversation I've overheard, it probably has something to do with his change of behavior."

Ms. Kang sighed and turned her back to Dara. She opened her desk drawer and busied herself with arranging her things.

"I guess he never told you, then."

"Eh?"

Ms. Kang turned to face Dara.

"I am.. or should I say, I was Ji Yong's…"

~~

"Seunghyun-ssi…" Bom mumbled as she felt Seunghyun's arms around her back. She was so close to him that she could almost hear his heartbeat.
Seunghyun slowly released Bom from his arms. He was blushing and at a loss for words. He cleared his throat the faked a cough to break the awkward silence between them. Bom took a step back.

"Yah, sunbae.." Seunghyun cleared his throat again. "Don't worry yourself too much, arasseo?"

Bom just frowned at him not quite understood what he meant.

"Ah, what I mean is.." Seunghyun cleared his throat again. "If you really want to know the answer to your question, let's meet at the park later at around 5." He patted Bom's hair then started to go to the door.

"Seunghyun-ssi!" Bom called out with a confused face.

Seunghyun turned his head towards Bom who was still standing on the same spot. He flashed her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry about that hug," Seunghyun said, knowing what was bothering the beautiful girl he was looking at. "It was nothing." he lied.

As Seunghyun went down the stairs he still couldn't take the hug out of his mind. His heart was still beating so fast as if he ran nonstop for an hour.

"Aish, Park Bom.. stop looking so vulnerable all the time. It makes me want to do more than a hug to you." Seunghyun thought as he shook his head and tried to shake thoughts of Bom out of his head.

~~

Ji Yong, I'm at the park. Come meet me now~ let me borrow money. Need to buy something. Hurry pabo!

Ji Yong frowned as he read Seunghyun's strange message. He was already in the park looking for his best friend but he was nowhere in sight. He circled around the park again.

"Aishh, asking me to hurry over but he's not even here.." Ji Yong said in an annoyed voice. He sat on a bench near the playground. Several children were playing on the slides and swings. He watched them played and laughed and enjoyed themselves. He smiled and wished he was a kid again.

"Must be fun to always be a kid and have fun all day long." He thought as he watched the kids. His phone buzzed. A new message from Seunghyun.

Enjoy and take this time to clear up any misunderstandings!

"Eh, pabo, what does he mean by that?" He wondered out loud and surveyed his surroundings. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a familiar figure approaching the bench he was sitting on.

~~

Sunbae I'm at the park now sitting on a bench. See you.

Bom read and re-read Seunghyun's message just to make sure she hadn't read it wrong. She looked at every bench in the park for signs of Seunghyun to no avail. She made her way towards the playground where she saw someone sitting on the bench. He was wearing the uniform of YG High.

"Oh, it must be Seunghyun, finally." Bom thought as she approached the bench. She stopped dead in her track halfway as she realized it was Ji Yong who was on the bench. Their eyes met.

~~  

Thank you for reading <3 comment and subscribe if you liked it! GBOM moments next chapter I promise! Also Ms. Kang's identity~ revealed! (^-^)