We Belong Together

My Addiction


Bom tried to open her eyes. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the dark room she was in. She realized she fell asleep with her head on the bed while she sat on the floor. She straightened up and massaged her aching neck.

"Owww, did I fall asleep while studying?" Bom sleepily thought. "Ehh, this is not my bedroom."

She turned to face the bed and came face to face with the sleeping Ji Yong.

"Oh, that's right, I'm at Seunghyun's."

Bom stood up and lazily stretched her arms. She checked up on Ji Yong's forehead. He was still burning with fever. Bom looked at him with concerned before she remembered the time. She glanced at her watch. It read 10:24.

"Omo, I'm dead!" Bom said to herself as she looked her phone. She saw one unread message from Dara.

Seunghyun called me and told me the situation. Don't worry, Bommie! I called your mom and told her you were sleeping over at my house. Hwaiting Bommie!

Bom breathed a sigh of relief. She closed her phone and returned it in her bag. She massaged her temple that still throbbed from her nap. Bom took one last glance at Ji Yong and slowly left the room. Her stomach gave a low growl.

"I haven't eaten dinner yet." Bom thought as she held her tummy. She went down in tiptoe in fear that she might wake someone up. The first floor was empty. She peeked in the numerous rooms until she eventually found her way to the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator carefully but someone spoke up behind her.

"Hungry?"

Bom jumped back startled as she looked at the figure who spoke. "Seunghyun-ssi, mianhe. I haven't eaten yet." Bom apologized. Her stomach let out another growl which embarassed Bom further.

"Arasseo, sunbae." Seunghyun replied with a chuckle. "I can make you some kimchi ramyun, if you don't mind?"

"Ne, gomawo Seunghyun-ssi." Bom said and helped Seunghyun with the preparation.

"Yah~ stop being so formal with me, sunbae."

"Eh? Then stop calling me sunbae."

"Arasseo Bom-ah~" Seunghyun said as he boiled the noodles. Bom blushed as she remembered how Ji Yong called her in his sleep. Seunghyun noticed Bom's red cheeks.

"Yah, was it too much?" He thought and blushed too.

"Eh, what should I call you then?" Bom asked Seunghyun who has his back on her.

"How about you call me 'Oppa'?" Seunghyun half-joked.

"Mwo?"

"It was a joke!" Seunghyun exclaimed as he transferred the noodles to a bowl. He placed it on the counter and blew on it to cool it down.

"Yah, you don't have to blow it for me." Bom said as she sat down beside Seunghyun.

"You're really like a little dongsaeng." Seunghyun said as he patted Bom's head and stood up. "How's Ji Yong?"

"He's still sleeping," Bom answered and took a sip of the hot soup. "I hope he'll be feeling fine when he wakes up."

"Oh, Bom-ah, I'll bring over some clothes you can change into," Seunghyun said as he got a glass of water. "You can stay in the guest room for now. It's the door on the right if Ji Yong's room. I'm really sorry for troubling you like this and making you stay over."

"Aniyo, it's nothing really. I don't mind." Bom said. Seunghyun set the glass of water next to the bowl of hot ramyun.

"Take care of Ji Yong, arasseo?" He said before he left the kitchen.

"Arasseo."

~~

Bom returned to Ji Yong's room with a full stomach. Ji Yong was still sleeping like a baby but she crept to get her bag from his desk. Slowly Bom lifted her bag but a stack of papers fell down the carpeted floor.

"Ack how clumsy!" Bom said as she bent down to pick up the papers. She glanced at it and saw Ji Yong's handwriting.

"내 눈을 봐요 oh 그대만을 믿어볼래요." (I'm ready for your love/ You got me going steady for your love) Bom read in hushed whisper. "What's this~ a poem? But it has this sort of rhythm to it.."

"매일 혼자서 울기만 하네요 / 너무나 고마운걸요." (Nobody but you I'm thinking of/So heavenly so obvious) Bom continued to read, she was unaware that her pitch and tone naturally changes as she read the lines.

"Come to think of it, Ji Yong writes lyrics for Seunghyun's music. Is this his work?" Bom wondered as she shot a glance at Ji Yong again.

"I wonder what he was thinking of when he wrote this?" Bom thought and remembered their conversation at the park. She sighed when she felt an odd surge of jealousy building up inside her. She glanced at the lyrics on her hands. With a gulp, she began to sing. She sang nervously at first, afraid to wake the sleeping Ji Yong. She was unsure of the way she sang with her made up beat.

Nae nuneul bwayo oh / Boy I'm ready for your love
geudaemaneul mideobollaeyo / You got me going steady for your love
mae-il honjaseo ulgiman haneyo / Nobody but you I'm thinking of
neomuna goma-ungeoryo / So heavenly so obvious
oh baby baby

Ji Yong stirred in his sleep. Half asleep, he reached for his fluffy pillow and hugged it tight with a satisfied smile.

"Park Bom-ah, you should lose weight some more. You're so fluffy." he thought while he was dreaming.

Bom closed her eyes and started to get the feel of the lyrics. Her voice went higher while she sang wholeheartedly.

nal anajweoyo / I'm so ready for your love
idaero yeongweonhi hamkkehaeyo / You got me going steady for your love
jichin geudae naege gidaedo dweyo / Ain't nobody but you I'm thinking of
eonjena geudael saranghallaeyo baby / That's only because we belong together

"That's because we only belong together," Bom repeated slowly. She admitted that Ji Yong's lyrics were really written well, aside from creating rhythm it was also meaningful. Bom skimmed through until the end of the lyrics when she noticed something.

"Eh?" Bom blushed in surprise as she saw what was written at the end - "봄."

Ji Yong opened his eyes. His throat was dry and his head throbbed. But he couldn't feel the pain. His ears searched for the melody that woke him up.

"Omo, I think I have been woken up by an angel's voice." He thought as he drifted back to sleep.


Annyeong~ last update of the day <3 the song Bom sang is We Belong Together! I love that song and the MV. G&BOM are so cute in the MV!

And~ if anyone is confused with why Bom was surprised with '봄' is because that's how her name is written in Hangul. It also translates to 'spring' so Bommie was unsure what it really means.

Mianhe for making Ms. Kang as Ji's stepmom. They have 7 yr age difference, that means when Kang married Ji's appa, she was 23 and Ji was around 11. But Kang started to tutor Ji when he was around 9 or so, so they've known each other for a while. And at that age, boys don't really know true love. Maybe it's the raging hormones in him. (^-^) So don't worry, it's not true true love, but puppy love perhaps?

Thank you for the birthday greetings catarystar and deijuvenile ! <3 it means a lot to me.

Gotta go sleep now (I've blabbered for too long now (>.<)) When I wake up, it's my birthday already!

Shameless plug once again~

Read it [ h e r e ] <3

And lastly, thanks for reading my story, you!