The Meeting

My Addiction

 

The sun shone lazily on the early morning at YG High. The students were slowly arriving one by one and by groups. Bom sleepily walked in their classroom with a small paper bag in hand. She glanced at her watch. "Omo, I haven't slept a wink yet." she thought as she suppressed a yawn. There was still half an hour left before school starts and Bom decided to go to Ji Yong's classroom. She wanted to return his uniform. With the paperbag of Ji Yong's school jacket in one hand, she went over to the first year classrooms. She blushed while she was walking. Her heart started to pound as she got closer.

 

"Will I tell him...or not? I should... I have to give him an answer.. So why not now? B-but, if I tell him, then that makes him... my boyfriend?" Bom blushed once more, this time so intense that she felt her veins in her cheeks would pop anytime soon. She remembered her phone conversation with Dara last night. "Bommie, I know you and Ji Yong will male a great couple. I trust that guy. And besides, I know how much you've changed for the better ever since you've met him. Omo, I'm so happy for you~!" Dara gushed over the phone last night.

Bom reached the first year classrooms and saw a large crowd of girls that gathered in the corridor. "Oh, fans of them?" Bom thought as she made her way to the crowd. She saw Seunghyun in the middle of the crowd trying to accept all the gifts his fans handed to him.

"O, Bom-ah!" Seunghyun greeted her as soon as he saw her. He approached her much to the jealousy of the other girls. They shot stares at her as sharp as daggers.

"Yah, isn't that the unni from the showcase?" Hushed whispers buzzed across the hallway.

"Oh, you mean Ji Yong's girlfriend?"

"How dare she flirt with our oppa!"

Seunghyun angrily turned to face the crowd and addressed them "Yah, this noona over here happens to be my very close friend. How can you call yourselves my 'fans' when you don't know how to respect my friends." He put his hand over to Bom's shoulder and pulled her closer. The crowd of girls suddenly dispersed and went away. But the hushed whispers never left.

"Mianhe, Bom-ah." He apologized and took his hand off Bom's shoulder. "Don't mind them, they are probably just jealous of you."

"It's nothing, Seunghyun-ah. Thank you for defending me." Bom replied and her hands tightened on the paper bag she was holding. She gulped nervously. "Ji Yong-ah? He's not here?"

Seunghyun glanced at the paper bag Bom was holding. "O, he's not coming to school today. He has some business to take care of." he replied looking at her blushing eyes.

"Did something happen?" Bom worriedly asked.

"It's nothing to be concerned about. It's some personal matters that that monkey can take care of." he answered with a smile and patted her head. "Is that for Ji Yong?"

"Ne." Bom nodded and handed the paper bag to Seunghyun. "Uhm, since he's not here, can Seunghyun-ah just give this to him?"

"O, arasseo" Seunghyun got the bag from her and took a peek inside. He then glanced at Bom who was blushing furiously. "Bom-ah, is something wrong?"

Bom stammered as she tried to find the right words to say. "Aigo, why isn't Ji Yong here? I've prepared the whole night for my reply then he didn't come to school. OMO~ pabo monkey Ji Yong!" she screamed in her mind.

~~

Ji Yong walked along the streets of Seoul holding the business card in one hand. He never liked the idea of skipping classes, but this time was an exception. He was excited to see what YG Entertainment has in store for him. He stopped in front of a white modest building about five floors high. Ji Yong double checked the address written on the card. "Yep, this is the right place." he said to himself. He fixed himself up before going in the revolving doors.

Inside was a simple lobby with leather couches and life size pictures of YG artists. At the middle, a black granite counter stood with a receptionist sitting behind it. The receptionist, a short girl with straight bangs greeted him. Her nameplate reads: Miyu. She bowed at him with a smile.

"A-anyeong hasseyo." Ji Yong nervously greeted with a bow.

Miyu looked at her appointment book and smiled at him. "And you are?"

"Kwon Ji Yong. I've met Mr. Lee and Mr. Jung previously."

Miyu checked her book and nodded her head. "Yes, Kwon Ji Yong, I'll check Mr. lee if he's available at the moment. You can take a seat first and I will get back to you. Thank you."

"O, kamsahamnida." Ji Yong said and bowed. He nervously took a seat in the plush leather couch. He took this time to survey the surroundings. In front of him stood a life size cut out of YG Entertainment founder and CEO Yang Hyun Suk. It was as if he was directly staring at Ji Yong. This made him even more nervous about this meeting.

"But I've already made it this far. I shouldn't back out now." Ji Yong thought. He started to tap his feet on the floor. He looked outside the window and suddenly thought of Bom. "I wonder if she noticed I'm not at school right now. It would be nice if Bom is right here with me now."

Ji Yong heard footsteps approaching. It belonged to Miyu. "Kwon Ji Yong-ssi, Mr. Lee is waiting for you on the fourth floor."

"Ah, thank you very much." Ji Yong replied as he was ushered to the elevator. The elevator played a catchy tune while it was going up the floor. The ride was smooth and quick. The elevator stopped on the fourth floor and he was greeted by a smiling Mr. Lee.

"Annyeong hasseyo." Ji Yong greeted as he stepped off the elevator.

"Ah, it's nice of you to visit us, Ji Yong-ssi." Mr. Lee greeted with a warm smile. Ji Yong followed him as they entered a large double oak door at the far end of the hall.

"Is this some sort of an audition?" Ji Yong asked. They entered a large room which looked like an office. Ji Yong saw a large desk and behind the desk sat Yang Hyun Suk himself. Ji Yong immediately bowed in respect.

"Ah, so you're Kwon Ji Yong." Yang Hyun Suk said and motioned Ji Yong to sit down. He sat down nervously with Mr. Lee beside him. Yang Hyun Suk pointed to Mr. Lee. "Mr. Lee here is a talent scout. He looks for possible talents all over Seoul that has the potential to be a YG trainee."

Ji Yong nodded. He felt his heart beating fast as the nervousness started to come back. He wasn't sure what to expect next. He thought that this would be an audition, but he never thought it would be a direct meeting with the CEO himself.

"Mr. Lee told me that he first saw you performing on the park and later on saw you again at a school showcase." Yang Hyun Suk continued on with his straight face. "Did you know that it was also Mr. Lee who discovered Gummy?"

Mr. Lee flashed a flattered smile. "Ji Yong-ssi, I showed a video of your performance to our CEO here and he really wants to meet you." Mr. Lee said.

"I'll go direct to the point, Kwon Ji Yong, YG Enterntainment wants you to be part of our family. We are offering you an immediate contract."

~~