Just The Two of Us

My Addiction

"They're gone..." Bom said as she watched Dara and Seunghyun's shadows across the green grass of the soccer field. She looked nervously at Ji Yong who pretended to read a book. She poked Ji Yong's arm with her index finger. 

"Oww," he pretended it hurt him.

"Pabo monkey," Bom teased and stuck her tongue at him. "How are you these past few days? It felt like I haven't seen you around."

"Just busy with stuff, I guess." Ji Yong answered and the camera was in his hands again. He was filming the orange afternoon sky that overlooked them.

"Mmm, busy?" Bom asked again as she looked up and followed the camera's line of vision. "The sky is very pretty today."

"Yah, look over there," Ji Yong pointed at one cloud over the horizon. "It looks just like Park Bom-ah." 

He laughed as he glanced over Bom's unamused face. As she noticed him looking at her, she stuck out her tongue again. He pinched her cheeks to further annoy Bom. But despite his silly acts, his eyes looked serious and seemed to be in deep thoughts. He hasn't told anyone yet about the contract offer except for Seunghyun. Seunghyun encouraged Ji Yong to tell it to Bom, but he couldn't. Ji Yong was afraid that it would cause them to rift further apart. These moments with Bom were precious to him, and judging by the hours he needed to devote on his training and different activities, he would have to give up these moments. 

Bom noticed his unusual silence and she moved closer to him without him noticing it. In a teasing manner, she blew air on Ji Yong's ears. Ji Yong snapped back to reality and was surprised at Bom's actions. 

"Aigo, you shocked me," he said as he placed a hand over his chest. They were too close and the distance made him even more nervous. He wasn't used to seeing such beauty at a very close distance. He held the camera between them. Bom frowned and looked at the camera's lens directly.

She felt nervous as well, but she knew this was her only chance. I've waited almost a week for this, she nervously thought. She recalled how much time she had practiced what to say, first in front of her favorite plushie, and next with Dara acting as Ji Yong. This is it.

Bom, with her wide eyes, looked at the camera lens directly. Ji Yong blushed as he saw Bom up close and zoomed in on the camera. 

"Mera-ssi, annyeong," Bom greeted with a wave again. "You know, it seems like the person holding you doesn't want to talk to me. So I'll just talk to you instead, arasseo? You see, he hasn't been around for quite sometime."

There was an obvious silence between the two as Bom tried to find the right words to say during this time.

"To be honest, when he wasn't around, I started missing him so bad," she cleared . Ji Yong almost dropped the camera to the ground. "Um, kuromnika, I thought to myself that I want to be the girl who will be by his side always." Bom closed her eyes in embarassment and she felt her cheeks turned red as tomato. This wasn't how she practiced it. She couldn't even remember what she was supposed to say. It just naturally came out of . This is how it should be, spontaneous and unplanned. She tried to cover her cheeks with her hands but Ji Yong stopped her by holding her arm. He looked directly in her eyes which made her turn redder.

"Park Bom-ah," Ji Yong said slowly. He couldn't believe what he just heard. "Joaheyo."

"N-nado joaheyo," Bom replied in a soft, shaky voice. Ji Yong's face was getting closer and closer to hers. She felt his warm breath near her cheeks. She slowly closed her eyes and waited for his lips. Her heart was fluttering all over. But all she heard was a chuckle and his hand brushing her cheek. She opened her eyes and pouted at Ji Yong.

"There was a leaf stuck on your hair," he explained as he showed her a dried leaf. "Were you expecting something else?"

"Aishh, jinja.." Bom said and playfully hit Ji Yong's arms. She smiled at him and thought, so this is how it feels to be in love.

Ji Yong picked up the camera again and directed the lens at him. 

"Mera-ya, listen to this. This pretty lady, Park Bom-ah, I confessed to her before and I lied to everyone on stage that she is my girlfriend. But fast forward a week, and now she really is my girlfriend. I'm so happy Mera-ya, so happy that tears want to come out of my eyes."

Bom looked at him in disbelief and went closer to Ji Yong. She looked at the camera and then to him. She peered closely at his eyes. "Aigo, there are no tears, pabo monkey." she said and continued to look at his eyes. At the same time, Ji Yong turned his head to look at her. They were face to face, their cheeks an inch apart, and their noses almost touched. Bom froze on the spot as she felt her heart pounding. She saw Ji Yong's eyelids drooping half-closed as he planted a soft and quick kiss on her lips.

Bom blushed so red after the kiss. She cleared and started to gather her things up. 

"Aigo, the camera caught our kiss," Ji Yong exclaimed as he stood up. Bom's eyes widened in shock and she reached for the camera.

"Andweee, delete it," she whined as she tried pressing buttons but to no avail.

"Yah, no way, those are our precious memories." Ji Yong said as he snatched the camera again. But when he snatched it, he accidentaly deleted the short footage of their kiss. He was clearly upset by this and Bom felt a little guilty.

"Mianhe..."

"That was our first kiss."

"But it's not as if it was our last..."

"So does that mean I can kiss you again?"

Bom nodded shyly.

"Right now?"

Bom nodded again. Ji Yong held Bom's chin in his hand as he leaned closer. He stared deeply into her eyes as he got closer and closer. So close that he could see the pattern on Bom's dark brown iris.

Under the shade of a large tree, at the corner of the school's soccer field, the two shared a kiss as sweet as the late orange afternoon sky.

~~

omo <3 finally together! also, a random question, but what does OTP mean??

thank you very much for reading! *bows* don't forget to comment and subscribe if you liked it