Kajima (part two)

My Addiction

Ji Yong was panting as he reached Incheon National Airport. He ran all the way from the bus stop until the departure area. He scanned rows of heads seated at the plastic chairs. And he saw the familiar figure of Hyun Mi at the farthest end.

"Noona!" He shouted and slowly Hyun Mi looked behind her, shocked at seeing Ji Yong.

"Ji Yong-ah, what are you doing here?" she asked as Ji Yong went and sat beside her.

"I should be the one to ask that."

"Mianheyo," she fidgeted in her seat and looked away.

"Why are you leaving? I thought you love my dad??"

Hyun Mi cleared and looked at Ji Yong directly. She tried to ignore the tears that welled in her eyes. "Listen, Ji Yong-ah, it's not that I don't love your father. I really do love him, and that's the reason why I'm leaving." She clutched her passport and ticket tighter in her right hand. 

"Mwo?" he gaped at her. "I don't understand what this is all about."

Hyun Mi smiled at him and with her free hand, she gently held his hand. "Ji Yong-ah, I'm going to Japan... I'm not sure how long I'll stay there. Maybe for good, or maybe not. I have been offered modelling work again, and this time I won't run away from my true dreams."

"B-but, you just said you love my father?"

"We talked about this already and he understands all of this," she answered calmly. She sighed and looked at her ticket. "i'll be boarding in an hour."

"Jangkaman, noona, why so sudden?" Ji Yong asked, still in disbelief.

"This isn't something that I decided on a whim. I have been thinking about this for a long time. Your dad... he's changed. He's much more caring and loving now. So, I think you should ask his permission and consent regarding your contract."

"Noona, it's not easy --" he started to say but Hyun Mi cut him short.

"I know it's not easy, Ji Yong-ah, but it's better if you visit your father yourself. Don't you think it's time to forgive him?" Hyun Mi said in a motherly voice.

"Noona..." his voice trailed away as he looked down on his feet.

"Well," Hyun Mi let go of his hands and gathered up her luggage. "I have to go now, Ji Yong-ah. Go and follow your dreams, so you won't end up with regrets in the future."

"Is this good-bye noona?" Ji Yong said as he stood up as well.

"Aniyo," she extended her hand to him. "This isn't good-bye, I know we'll see each other again. I'm not 'going' but I'm 'soaring' to my dream."

Ji Yong took her hand but instead of shaking it, he pulled her to a friendly hug which surprised Hyun Mi. When he broke free, he looked down on the ground again with embarassment. " 'Going' and 'soaring,' they're the same, right?" he mumbled as he cleared his throat.

"They're different..." Hyun Mi smiled. "You can stop a person by saying 'kajima' but you can't stop them from soaring high towards their dreams."

Ji Yong nodded although he was still unsure of what she had just said. He bowed to her politely before Hyun Mi walked towards the boarding gate. She gave one last look at Ji Yong and waved. "Ji Yong-ah, it's nice to hear you call me 'noona' again."

~~

A cold draft of wind breezed through the desolate rooftop of YG High. There was a lone figure that leaned over the railings. Park Bom was all by herself after class, deep in thought as she lazily watched the baseball team practice down below. Ji Yong hadn't shown up at class again, and he had not yet contacted her ever since he abruptly left yesterday. Am I overthinking too much? Bom wondered as she sighed. Should I be worried or should I trust him? 

"Ahhh, eotokke?!" she wondered out loud in frustration. She stomped her legs before she turned around to leave. She stopped in her tracks as she realized she was face to face with Seunghyun.

"Omo, you scared me," Bom exclaimed as she clutched her chest. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Mmmm," Seunghyun pretended to think for a moment. "Long enough to see you shouting and acting cute," he to which Bom pouted.

"I wasn't acting cute."

"I know," Seunghyun said and unconsciously patted her hair. "Something's bothering you, right?"

Bom nodded and leaned on the railings and faced him. "Have you talked to Ji Yong lately?" she asked.

"He locked himself up the whole night yesterday," he said and went beside Bom. "He had, uh, something important to take care of today so he couldn't go to school. Haven't he contacted you yet."

Bom just shook her head, unable to speak. Another breeze passed by that gave Bom a little shiver. Seunghyun looked at her with concern and offered his jacket to her. Bom politely declined but he still insisted. She just gave into him although she was embarassed.

Damn, Seunghyun, pull yourself together, Seunghyun thought as Bom wore his jacket. This is your bestfriend's girl.

"Gomawoyo," Bom expressed her thanks again with a smile. "Ahh," she snapped her fingers and rummaged through her bag in search of something. "Jaaan~" Bom said as she took out a banana from her bag. "Here, you could have this as my thanks."

"A banana?" Seunghyun said as he accepted it with a puzzled expression plastered on his face.

"Ne," Bom smiled. "I was in a rush when I left home this morning, and I thought I took a cob of corn from the fridge. It turned out, it was a banana I got. Don't you like it?"

Seunghyun didn't answer since he was busy peeling the banana. He stuck his tongue out at her and proceeded to take a big bite from it.

"Aigo, you like bananas like a monkey," Bom exclaimed. "You and Ji Yong are like little monkeys."

Seunghyun goofed around like he was a monkey to make Bom laugh. He went closer to Bom and with wide eyes he shouted "BA NA NA!" They both burst out laughing. 

"Ah, jinja," Bom said as she tried to catch her breath. "Seunghyun-ah, are you an alien or something?"

"BA NA NA!"

Bom hit his arms playfully as another wave of laughter came out from her. "Aigo, hajima Seunghyun-ah."

"But you're laughing~"

"Aishh, I'll make a note to never give you bananas again, if it makes you that hyper," Bom said as she was about to tear up from laughing too hard. Seunghyun pouted and silently ate the rest of the banana.

Down below, without the two's knowledge, Ji Yong watched as his best friend and girlfriend laughed their heads off. He couldn't hear what they were talking or laughing about, but their high-pitched laughter reached the emptiness of Ji Yong's heart. They're having so much fun without me, he thought as he slumped on the front steps of the school building. Why is everything so carefree around me, except for me?

~~

BANANA! o.o bomtop chapter... I'm feeling so sorry for jiyongie >.< don't worry, he'll be happy soon!! This is random, but I was looking at Bom's pics and ohemefgeeeee she's just so beautiful ❤ What I like about her is she has such a unique beauty.. For me (i dunno about others) but other girl idols have pretty generic faces and it's hard for me to differentiate between other idols. But Bommie's beauty is unique and there's no one else that looks like her. Ahhhh if I was a guy, she would be my crush :"> ANYWAY, happy valentine's day guysss.. I've blabbed again too much -.- please do comment and subscribe if you like it!