5

Exo Series: Secret Love

I'm so sorry for the super late update.

Been busy organizing for the Inspirits Mini Gathering here in our place.

It's gonna take place this Sunday, June 10! Wee~!

All the efforts' paid off!


 

“Finally, we can spend a day together.” Chanyeol said as he held my hand. We were both out walking the streets of Busan. It is a Saturday which means no classes for both of us. Chanyeol decided to make it up to me because of him forgetting about our anniversary and he took me here, to the busy streets of Busan.

Why Busan?

He said it is because he likes it here.

And...

Nobody that knows us will be here.

If only I knew beforehand, I would’ve never came with him.

“Hee, is there something wrong?” He asked me taking me out of my trance.

“Anio. I’m sorry I was just thinking about the assignments I have that is due on Monday.” I said lying. A lot of things are wrong! Everything about us is wrong. And this crazy and complicated relationship of ours is starting to make me feel regret.

“Forget about that for awhile. And for today, let’s enjoy!” He said and took me on an expensive seafood restaurant.

“Can we eat somewhere else?” I asked him feeling uncomfortable with the atmosphere. Everything in this place speaks wealth. And it’s like telling me to get out of here.

Because I don’t belong here.

“Wheyo? Do you not like it here?”

“It’s not that. It’s just that, this place is very expensive.”

“Aigoo. No need to worry, Hee. I’ll be paying.” He said smiling. No! I don’t have issues with the payment! Can’t you see that I’m uncomfortable here?

“I know. But...”

“No more buts. Now, let’s go.” He said and pulled me into an empty table.

I made him do the honour of ordering and he gladly obliged. He ordered 6 dishes and those are the most expensive ones.

“Why did you order a lot?” I asked him as soon as our orders arrived.

“Because I want you to taste the most delicious dishes here.” He said and we started eating.  We were eating in silence until his phone ringed.

“Hyung! Right now? What are you doing here? Yeah, I’m in Busan, too. Alright. I’m here in the seafood restaurant where we always eat. Arasso. See you!” He said and hung up. He then looked at me with hesitation.

Date’s over. That’s what I thought the moment he answered the phone and I’m right.

“Your friends are here?” I asked him and he hesitantly nodded.

“Then, I’ll be leaving now.” I said and stood up.

“I’m so sorry, Hee. I didn’t know they’ll be here.” He sincerely said.

“Yeah. Because if you knew in advance, you won’t take me here.” I bitterly said.

“You know I’m just protecting you, right?” He asked with sad eyes. Please, not that expression. It pains me, Chayeol-ah.

“I know. I’ll leave now before they see me here. We don’t want to get exposed, don’t we?” I asked and he nodded.

“Take care, Hee. And, I’m sorry.” He said holding my hand before I left.

I’m sorry.When will I stop hearing those words from him.

I’m fed up.I’m tired listening to it.

“Cafeteria girl?” I heard a voice say and when I turned around, it was the HaeRin girl.

“It’s really you! Annyeong!” She greeted me smiling.

“Annyeong Hasseyo.” I greeted her back and bowed.

“Aigoo. No need to be so formal. What are you doing here in Busan?”

“I...” came on a date with my boyfriend who ditched me for his friends. “I came to relax for a bit.”

“Really? Then, why are your eyes sad?” She asked. Shoot! She’s very observant.

“I just remembered something sad. What about you, student, what are you doing here?” I asked back.

“I’m here to visit a friend. And by the way, my name’s HaeRin. What about yours?” She said and introduced herself.

“I’m ChanHee.”

“Nice to finally know your name. So, where are you going now?” She asked.

“Home.”

“Eh? It’s only lunch time and your relaxing time is already over?” She asked and I nodded.

“Aigoo. Why don’t we relax together. My treat! This is my way of showing gratitude to you as my friend.”

Friend? Since when did we become friends.

“I hope you don’t mind me being your friend.”She added shyly.

“No! I’m fine with it.” I said and smiled.

“Really?! Yay! Kaja, chingu!”

Chingu...

It’s nice to finally hear someone call me as her friend.

Jang Haerin... My very 1st friend.

“Chanie, your phone is ringing.” She said breaking me from my trance. We are currently eating in a restaurant just beside the beach. And unlike Chanyeol’s choice, HaeRin choose an unexpensive one.

“This call is not important.” I said and shut my phone off.

“Do you have any problem?” She suddenly asked and I looked at her a bit shocked.

“I can perfectly see it in your eyes. Pain, sadness, regret. It’s all written in your orbs. And I know those emotions too well. I’ve been there a year ago. Actually, I’ve been there for 5 long years.” She said with sadness in her voice. “And I assure you, sharing it with someone can totally help.”

“I...I don’t know if I should really share it. It’s pretty personal.”

“Chanie-ah, I’m your friend now. And friends, share their problems. And I promise, I won’t tell anyone about it.” She said with an assuring smile.

“How about this, I tell you a secret about me, and you tell me your problem?” She asked and I nodded. I mean, I really need someone to talk to right now. And HaeRin, is here offering me her ears.

“Alright. Well, let me tell you about me and SeJerHun.” She started and told her story.

It was sad...

Painful...

And Heartbreaking...

Oh SeHun is a jerk...

A ...

And a heartbreaker...

“I can’t believe he did that to you.” I said after she told me her story.

“Nado. And I can’t believe I still can’t get over it.” She said wiping those tears that’s about to fall from the corner of her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Rin-ah.” I apologized. An apology for making her remember the past. And an apology that SeHun never gave her.

“Gwenchana. Now, your turn.” She said and smiled.

“Well, I have a boyfriend. We have been dating for a year now but nobody knows about us. We kept it a secret from everyone because he said that it’s his way of protecting me from the people’s judgement. He is someone rich, someone out of league.” I said and I didn’t even realize that my tears were already flowing if not for HaeRin wiping it.

“Is he someone I know?” She asked and I nodded.

“He’s Chanyeol. SeHun’s friend.”

“Which one there?”

“The derp-faced one.” I said and I expected her to laugh from my description but instead, she just nodded.

“Now, tell me, why are you sad?”

“Because I’m tired of our situation. I’m tired of being ditched just because of his friends. And lastly, I’m very tired of hiding.”

“Why don’t you tell him. If he really loves you, I’m sure he’ll hear you.” She said smiling at me and somehow, I felt better.

“Thanks, Rin-ah.” I said smiling back at her.

“You’re welcome. Remember, I’m always here for you.” She said and held my hands tightly.

And for the first time that day, I felt at ease.

All thanks to my new and only friend.



 

How was it?

Was it good? or Bad?

Comments and criticisms are highly appreciated.^^

Comment replies:

@Hinnie: Thanks you so much! I'm glad that I'm able to convey the character's emotion to you!^^ Keep reading!

@singerrock: Thank you so much! Keep reading!^^

@Alwaysx4ever: Guess is correct! hahaha. Keep reading!^^