17

Exo Series: Secret Love

 

[CHANYEOL’s POV]

“Are we really gonna go for normal cafeteria service from now on?” XiuMin hyung whined as we made our way into the line. Ever since this morning, I wasn’t able to see ChanHee. She told me not to pick her up and by lunch time, she told me that she have something urgent to do.

“Penny for you thoughts?" D.O asked, taking me away from my thinking and I just smiled at him.

As soon as we all were seated at our table, we started eating.

“HaeRin-ah, have you seen ChanHee?” I asked HaeRin who was sitting next to SeHun.

“Anio. She left early this morning and I wasn’t able to come across her either. Why? Did you guys fight?” She asked me with a suspicious tone and I knew from that moment that I should never mess up with this girl.

“Anio. We were practically fine last night.” I answered and before HaeRin can even say something, a voice interrupted her.

“Chanyeol oppa!” The voice said and I felt someone hug me making me freeze.

“Yah! Oppa, are you just going to freeze or are you going to at least give me a greeting?” The voice asked and when I turned around, my biggest nightmare was standing in front of me with her usual smile.

“What are you doing here, Jiyeon?” I asked her still in shock. Jiyeon, the girl whom I’m meant to marry in the future. The girl who has always been stuck to me ever since we were young. She was my first love but she left me 2 years ago without any goodbyes. She was my first love and my first heartbreak.

“You’re not happy I’m here?” She asked me and pouted. She still hasn’t changed. Still the very same old childish Jiyeon.

“A-anio. It’s just too sudden for me. So, what are you doing here?”

“I’m going to study here.” She smiled sweetly.

“I hope you both are over from your reunion.” A voice interrupted us and when I looked at who it was from, there stood before me the face I’ve been dying to punch since we were kids.

“Byun. Baekhyun.” I said with thorns in my voice.

“Park Chanyeol, is that how you should greet your best friend?” The a-hole said smirking.

“My best friend? I believe we ended that up 2 years ago.” I said smirking as well.

“Ah. My bad. My memory seems to have forgotten the part where you lost to me.” He said.

“Shut up, Baekhyun.” I warned him and he just smirked.

“Can someone introduce them to us?” LuHan hyung suddenly said.

“Mian. Guys this is Jiyeon.” I said pointing at Jiyeon.

“Annyong Hasseyo! Byun Jiyeon imnida! I am Chanyeol oppa’s fiancé.” She said and held my hand making everyone look at us in shock. They were all looking at us silently but was broken immediately when a tray fell down.

“Mian. It slipped from my hand.” ChanHee silently said and picked it up. I was gonna help her but Baekhyun beat me to it.

“Oh. Chanhee-ssi?” Baekhyun suddenly asked her delight can be heard from his voice.

[CHANHEE’s POV]

After hiding from Chanyeol for almost half the day, I decided to finally come and see him. As I went inside the cafeteria, I noticed him talking to a guy and a girl. After getting my food, I made way to then but what I heard froze me in place.

“Annyong Hasseyo! Byun Jiyeon imnida! I am Chanyeol oppa’s fiancé.” The Jiyeon girl said and I felt myself weaken causing the tray to fall down and that’s when I caught all of their attentions.

“Mian. It slipped from my hand.” I said trying to sound normal but I know deep inside that I failed to do so. As I picked up the wasted food, an unfamiliar hand helped me.

“Oh. ChanHee-ssi?” The voice asked and when I looked up, I saw a familiar face but can’t point out where I saw him.

“It’s me Baekhyun. Uhm. Jeju. Stolen photo.” He said and I finally remembered him.

“Oh! Annyeong Hasseyo.” I greeted him and he smiled widely.

“You guys know one another?” Chanyeol suddenly interrupted us causing me to remember the cause as to why I was picking up my lunch from the cold floor.

“Wae? Does it matter to you?” Baekhyun asked him.

“Of course. After all, it’s my girlfriend that we’re talking about.” Chanyeol said and pulled me into him causing the Jiyeon girl to gasp.

“Is it true, ChanHee-ssi?” Baekhyun asked me and I gave him a small nod.

“Oppa, hold me. I think I’m going to faint.” The Jiyeon girl said holding Baekhyun’s arm.

After the commotion, we have finally settled down but deep inside, my system is in complete chaos. Here she is in front of me. The girl who is wanted by Chanyeol’s mom to marry him. A girl that is very different from me. A girl that is somehow right for Chanyeol in many aspects.

“So, you’re Chanyeol’s old best friend and Jiyeon here is your cousin. Am I right?” D.O asked and Baekhyun nodded like a puppy.

“So, you’re really my Chanyeol oppa’s girlfriend?” Jiyeon asked me not failing to emphasize the my part.

“Neh.” I answered her silently.

“Since when?”

“Since last year.” I answered her.

“Bwoh? And I was not informed. I can’t believe this.” She said and pouted angrily.

“Babe, can we talk for awhile?” Chanyeol asked me and I wanted to say no but I know that I need some answers. We both headed out into the rooftop.

“What did you want to talk about?” I asked him.

“About Jiyeon, she’s...” He started but I cut him off.

“I already know who she is. Your mom went to see me last night and told me about you having been fixed marriage but I just didn’t expect to meet her so soon.” I said sadly, tears wanting to fall.

“What?! My mom went to see you?!” He asked obviously angered. “She really wouldn’t stop, huh?”

“She wants us to break up.” I said and that was when I started to cry.

“Shhh. Don’t cry, baby. Stay strong for me. For us. I won’t leave you no matter what. Jiyeon is just a part of an immature business venture. She is now only a part of my past but not a part of my future because I don’t see any other girl besides you for my future.” He said hugging me and he managed to calm me. Chanyeol wants us to have a future together. When a guy tells you he wants a future with you, it means he’s serious. I remember my mom say before. And I found myself crying even more but this time, it is because of happiness. The happiness I found with Chanyeol.



 

A short one, I know.

It's just to introduce the new characters.^^