Restless

Human Heart

Chapter 38

 

            “Hyung, are you ready?” Sehun asks as he peeks inside the room where he knew his brother is. Yet, he got puzzled upon seeing the latter sitting on the floor as if pleased with something he can’t comprehend with. He gently closes the door then walks slowly towards the older, preventing himself from scaring him. He wonders if the latter is still busy packing his stuffs but when he saw the two huge luggages on the bed that looks like already pack with lot of stuffs, he got more curious. As he finally standing behind the busy guy, he frowns upon sighting the reason for his brother’s cheerful aura. He could actually hear the giggles coming from Luhan as the latter took his old toys from a box. Seeing him touching those things makes Sehun remembers his SPECIAL brother before the accident occurs & it definitely makes him hate himself for reminding him how irresponsible he is that time. If he didn’t leave, if he just disobeys his parents order to manage their business abroad, he shouldn’t have left Luhan to Yram’s care, his brother wouldn’t be involved on the accident and won’t be… Get over it Sehun! His conscience says.

            “Hyung” Luhan looks up, sensing his brother’s hand on his shoulder. A smile immediately painted on his face as he saw his brother.

            “Sehun-ah.” he said overjoyed. He patted the spot besides his, expecting to have his brother seated on his side.

            Sehun ignores his brother’s request, instead got more annoyed that the latter focused again on his toys, taking out more toys from the dusty, old box that he remembers placing (more like hiding) at their basement together with their old, useless stuffs. I should have thrown that.

            “How did you get that?” he asks, irritated to the fact of being reminded of the past.

            Seeing him still standing behind him, Luhan felt a bit upset especially seeing how his brother stares at his toys as if it’s the most gruesome things in the world. “Ah~ mom came and gave this. She said to bring some in case I got bored on the plane.” He smiled, ignoring the questioning stares his brother giving him.

            Mom?

            ”Oh look! This is the train Yram gave me two years ago.” Luhan said in amusement but that just triggers Sehun to be furious. The younger grabs the said toy & hardly tossed on the floor.

            Luhan’s eyes widened seeing his favorite toy break apart. He stares at his brother, about to asks him why he did that but before he could even utter a word, he froze on his spot, watching his brother grabs his luggages off the bed then immediately leave him on his room. The loud shuts from the door made him snaps back to reality. He felt his chest clench. He sighed, picking up the broken toy. He stared at it for a moment asking himself what’s gotten to his brother to act like that. It may not be obvious coz no tears is visible but deep within him, Luhan is crying a river already (Perks of being an android? Guess not.)

            “Luhan! Hurry up dear. You don’t want to be late on your flight honey!” Luhan breathes in to ease his heavy feeling.

            “Yes mom! I’m coming down!” he shouted. He took his backpack off the hook on the wall then puts in the broken toy. “Don’t worry. I’ll fix you.” he said, finally smiling again. He wears his bag and rushed downstairs.

             “Oh! Luhan, hurry up. Your brother’s already waiting in the car.” The lady same height as he is said as she fix his shirt. “Be careful okay. Don’t forget to greet Yram’s family and always stay with Sehun. Germany is very far from Korea dear. It would take us almost 12 hours before we get there incase you two get in trouble. So please… stay out of it.” Luhan gulps seeing how serious his mother was. She may look cute like him but deep within her, she’s scary just like Sehun.

            “O…Okay mom.” He nods.

            “Good boy” his mother said patting his head. But then, she looks at him worriedly, caressing his face. “Don’t scare us again Luhan. Coz mommy wouldn’t take it anymore.” Luhan knew what his mother’s referring to and he totally understands why.

            Their parents are aware of what is Luhan now and they are very thankful for giving their son a second chance to live and be with them. It caused them a million of their wealth but it’s nothing compared to the joy that Luhan giving to them.

            Hearing their children flying to a far country on their selves, they got worried. Luhan had begged and begged and begged, even used his cuteness to let them go. But not of it works until Sehun steps in front had assured them everything will be alright and they’ll come back the same way they left. Seeing how persistent the children were to see their beautiful friend, their parents finally agreed for one condition.

            “Call us everyday. As much as possible, every seconds of the day.” Luhan pouted hearing his mother repeat her reminders. He’s itching to leave but his mother hasn’t stopped her sermon. “As much as I want , I rather have you here than let you leave.”

            “Mooommmm~~”

            “I know. I know. You’re so eager to be with Yram” they both smiled. “You really do like her. I can see that” Luhan covered his face with his palm, too embarrassed in front of his own mother. “Ow~ You’re so cute. But no matter what. You.Will.Always.Be.My.Baby” Luhan whined as his mother pinched his cheeks. They started laughing then hugs each other, telling they’ll see each other soon. They just stops when they heard a fake cough coming from the door.

            “I don’t want to interrupt your mother-son bonding but let me just remind you Yeobo (Honey) that you still have another son who’s losing his patience waiting.” Luhan and his mother laugh hearing the father of the family.

            “Thanks for telling dad.” Luhan hugs his father who looks like the older version of Sehun but actually childish like him. “We’ll be going now mom” Luhan gave his mother an assuring hug that they’ll be back safely.

            Luhan was already heading outside when he heard his father talk “I don’t know what happened but talk to your brother. He looks like he’s suffering from early menopausal stage.”

            “I HEARD THAT!”

            The three laughs, realizing how loud the statement has been said.

 

 

            Due to commitment to work of their parents, their family driver was the one in-charge of taking the siblings to the airport. The ride was very silent. The siblings are seated at the back seat with space between them. From time to time, Luhan's stealing glances to his brother who seems too occupied with his headphones on. Feeling the tension between the kids, their driver didn’t dare to ask why and just focused on driving safely like what he’s been instructed to do by his bosses.

            “Sehun-ah, 미안해 (Sorry).” Luhan finally breaks the silence hoping that his brother heard him. The latter was staring outside the window. Although he had his headphones on, the volume is not too high for him not to hear what his brother has said. ”Even though I don’t know why you’re mad, I’m sorry.” Luhan said nervously while staring at his hands that’s holding something. Sehun rolled his eyes. Come to think of it, he really doesnt know why Im mad. Aish! As he glanced on his side, he saw his brother pouting but what’s on the latter’s hand made him frown. The broken train toy.

“Throw it” Sehun sternly said. But, as he looks at his brother, he saw his ‘you-didn’t-say-that’ look that he just ignored making the older whine.

            “But, Sehun-ah~ Yram noona gave this to me. I wanted to show this to her.”

            Irritated to the fact that his brother’s being a headache, Sehun removes his headphone. “You’ll just remind her of her past hyung. You’ll just make her feel guilty about the accident. About what happened to you!” Cause thats what Im feeling right now. Sehun boasted that made Luhan speechless. Even their driver felt the intense talk. Good thing he didn’t loose his concentration on driving.

           

            Luhan got astonished but then realized his brother’s point. Staring at his toy made him remember who he was and how he acts before the accident happens. That time he has ADHD and he clearly knew how hard it is for his family to have a child like him on the family. A child who needs a 24/7 attention and affection which his family didn’t fail to offer him. It’s just that one day, his parents are both working overseas and Sehun needed to fly to abroad for business reason and this means no one aside from their trusted friend Yram that they could ask for help in taking care of the Special Luhan.

            Luhan, guess what I have for you? Luhan blinks few times at Yram whose both hands are behind, hiding her gift.

            Ahm Its a a…” after thinking for a few minutes, Luhan pouts I dont know noona. Im sorry he apologized cutely.

            Thats okay Luhan. TADA! Luhans eyes widened in amusement.

            WOW! Yram smiles brightly seeing how happy Luhan was upon seeing the red train toy she gave him.

           

            Seeing his brother’s downed spirit, Sehun gently took the toy off his brother’s hand “You don’t need this anymore hyung. Let’s move on together and be happy for what we have now. I promise…” he held his brother hands “… I won’t leave ever again.”

           

            The accident & being reborn as an android made the special child Luhan to act and live normal but for Sehun and their parents, Luhan will always remain special.

 

Few hours later…      

“Sehun-ah.”

            “Yes?” The siblings are now boarded at the airplane. Sehun was almost drifting to sleep when he heard his brother.

            “Do you know why Suho suddenly told us to go to Germany?” Luhan asks while munching a piece of red velvet cupcake the stewardess gave him.

“I don’t know.” Sehun with blindfolds on awares of what his brother was doing. “That’s the last piece you’ll be having hyung.” he grins when he hears a gasps coming from his brother. He may not see his reaction but he knew his brother is pouting.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           

            “Accueillir monsieur. Que puis-je faire pour vous? (Welcome sir. What can I do for you?)”  A man with grayish hair, wearing a suit greeted Baekhyun as he entered a luxury jewelry store at France.

            “Bonjour. Can I see your rings?” he asks. The man smiled at him, knowing who he is, lead him to the ring section.

            “This way sir.”

            As they arrived, Baekhyun scans the rings inside every glass containers. “What specifically is the type of ring you’re looking for master Baekhyun. Perhaps I could suggest something for you.” the man asks. Baekhyun turns around and smiled.

            “An engagement ring.” He smiled from ear to ear.

            “Oh! I suggest then this ring.” A female staff appeared holding a small treasure box. She opens the box and showed the ring. Baekhyun got awed seeing the precious ring. “This is one of our Love ring collection, it has an 18 carat white gold, diamonds around, and a centre pear-cut 0,40 carat diamond.”

            “This is perfect but could you change something for me?”

            “Sure monsieur.”

            “I want it special.” he suggested remembering the girl he’s about to give the ring.

            “Well then, we could convert the diamond into blood diamond.”

            “Can you done it within this week? I’ll be flying abroad.”

            “Definitely sir.”

            “Perfect” Baekhyun smiled, eager to see the outcome of the gorgeous ring.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           

            Its midnight and Kai decided to leave his room to roam outside for awhile. Not really feeling at ease especially that the image of Hyun Ae keeps on appearing on his sight. He often sees her smiling at him and sometimes crying especially when he’s alone.

            He was walking on the hallway when he immediately paused upon hearing a bothering sound that a normal people can’t hear. He frowns as he listens carefully at the sound.

            Hard breathing… “Kr…. Kris”

            He knew who it was. Again? He said to himself as he walks towards the room where the sound was coming from. He was about to knock when…

            “No… please…” hard breathing  “KRIS!!!”

            The loud shout made Kai rushed inside Yram room. Good thing it was unlocked. He saw the girl sitting on her bed, panting.

            “Yram? Are you alright?” he asks worriedly as he approached the girl.

            Upon seeing Kai, Yram felt relieve but remembering her nightmare made her tear up making Kai wrap her on his arms. He hushes her.

            “I can't take it anymore Kai. I feel like I'm dying every seconds” Kai frowns not really comprehending what his crying sister has stated. But whatever it is. It bothers him. A lot. 

"Yram. It's just a dream. You're..." he was cut-off when Yram looks at him instantly, panic is visible in her expression.

"No. You don't understand." Kai stiffen when Yram holds him on his arms "I'll die Kai. I'll die if I don't see Kris anymore."