Missing

Human Heart

 

Chapter 8

 

 

 

*crash* I paused from getting my customer's orders at the counter upon hearing out the bothering noise AGAIN from one of my cafe's expensive dishes that TAO accidentally drops while serving his customers. TT___TT my dishes.

 

           "Oops! Sorry." he word out on me. "I'm really sorry sir, mam. I'll fix this right away" he said while bowing on his customers. Good thing the customers he's serving were one of those loyal people who visits my shop. I just sighed as he started to pick up the broken pieces from the floor and I begun to take again the orders from my customers.

 

             "Sorry about that. Can I get your order again sir?" I ask nicely.

 

            It's been 5 days since I decided to adopt Tao. The thing about Sehun knowing him? Well, I haven't asks him about it. Why?... He and his brother Luhan has been gone ever since that night. I ask Chanyeol regarding where their whereabouts and he said, the siblings needed to come home to their parents house because of a sudden family emergency. Geez! Nice timing huh! =____=

 

         "Don't worry Tao, I'll give their orders." I heard Jamie said just after I took my last customer's order.

 

           "Thanks Jamie" I saw Tao taps Jamie's shoulder then proceeds on my spot with a nervous look. 

 

             "Sorry noona" he said with a head bowed down and playing with his apron.

 

             Geez! How can I scold him if he's so damn cute while doing that?! Aish!

 

           "That's okay Tao." I said calmly making him raise his head and smiles at me coz for sure, he knew I'm not mad at him. "Here. Maybe you should do the inventory instead." I handed him the folder with a panda cover on the front.

 

              I was fascinated upon seeing his eyes lightened at the sight of the cute panda. "Okay" he said happily.

 

              "It's on the basement. Once you're done, come back here then we'll go home"

 

             "Okay!" he said again with a salute then hops his way making me chuckle.

 

            A few hours later, Jamie and I decided to take the advantage of resting while there's only few customers left before our closing time. We were both on the counter indulging our coffee while watching the happy customers on their tables.

 

           "How come you choose Tao to work here with you than Kris?" I paused from sipping my coffee while she sips on her after asking.

 

          Jamie knew about Kris from Chanyeol. After hearing about the news of me getting a robot boyfriend, she went to my house and met Kris. Within that day, the two became friends instantly.

 

           I sighed and thought about her question. Well, the answer is very simple.... It's... DAMN HELL WHEN THEY’RE TOGETHER! =____=

 

             Like, the other day...

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

            "Gege! I'll help you with that" I heard Tao said to Kris. I was at the lounge doing some accounting for my café while the boys are at the kitchen.

 

              It was peaceful to know that the two are getting along...

 

              *crash*

 

              "WAAAHHHH!!!!"

 

               ... or not! =____=

 

             I stood up from my seat lazily then went towards the kitchen and to my surprise... my dishes are on the floor... in pieces. 

 

            "Sorry gege. It slips-off from my hands." I saw Tao saying that while showing off his hands towards Kris who looks really pissed. 

 

            "YAH! Take your filthy hands off my face" Kris said as he pushed Tao's hands away from him.

 

             "But, it's not my fault gege. The plates are slippery that's why" Tao said with a voice that obviously he's about to cry.

 

            "So you're blaming me coz I'm the one who's washing the dishes." Kris said with a frown.

 

          The two continue their argument not noticing my presence. I walked towards my broken dishes and begun picking it piece by piece.

 

           "Ahm... Yram" I heard Kris says yet, I didn't look up and just continue on what I'm doing.

 

          "I'm really sorry noona. Please... don't get mad at me TT___TT" I saw Tao kneel down in front of me with pitiful face. *sigh* I smiled and taps his head. As I pick up the last piece, I stood up then throw the broken dishes on the trashbin.

 

         The two are both silent while I exchange my sight on them. They look like children who's waiting for their mother's words. =____=

 

         "Is it really hard for both of you to get along? Do I have to hear you two argue for just a small damn thing every single time of the day? Do I have to clean up your damn mess? And most importantly... How many things in this house you two will break?" I said continuously not making them say a word.

 

             "Well at least you know it's not a good idea to have two robots living on the same roof" Kris said seriously but what made me bother was Tao's reaction. His looks on Kris was like, he said something offensive for him.

 

              "Well... I have an idea..."

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

            "That was your idea? Bringing Tao here instead of Kris?" Jamie said.

 

            "Yes! I want Tao to learn how to make a living" I said then took a sip on my coffee. I saw Jamie shakes her head then sips on her coffee

 

             I remember the night Tao and I talk alone at home. He told me that before he became an Exo, he was living a luxury life with his former owner. He says, his owner loves him so much to the extent of giving him everything he wanted and she doesn't let him do works even the simplest one. He added, she wants him by her side all the time as if, she's afraid of losing him. But, after a year of being together, she died due to sickness making him alone then eventually became part of Exo. But, few months later, he leaves Exo for a reason that he doesn't wanna talk about and I respected his decision. 

 

            *shing* Jamie and I look at the guy wearing a hoodie who enters the shop.

 

            “Back to work” Jamie taps my shoulder then leaves the counter to greet our new customer.

 

            “Last minute customer huh” I said as I settle my self to get his order.

 

            Jamie greets the guy and he bowed down as a courtesy. While he’s walking towards my spot, I suddenly felt nervous.

 

            “Good evening sir, may I take your order” I ask cheerfully disregarding my bad feeling. I tried to see his face but his large hood and face bowed-down’s making it hard to clearly see him.

 

            “Come with me.” He said carefully while moving his head side ways as if someone’s gonna recognize him.

 

            “Excuse me?” I said. Maybe I heard it wrong.

 

            “You have to come with me” he said again and this time, he raised his head making me see who he was.

 

            Shock to see him again, I got speechless.

 

            “You have to know the truth.”

 

            “What are you talking about?”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

            “Noona! I’m done” I said happily while hopping after finishing my task at the basement, but my happy face turns into a frown to see Kris at the café talking seriously with Jamie.

 

            We’re already close so there’s only the three of us in the café. Wae! I wonder where noona is.

 

            They paused their conversation upon seeing me arrived. I looked at them and about to ask what’s going on.

 

            “Gege…” but to my surprise…

 

            “Tao. You worthless piece of !” Out of nowhere, Kris punched me in the face making me fall in the ground. What the hell did I just do? I looked up controlling my anger and saw gege’s furious face. I was about to stand up to avenge my self but…

 

            “Enough! He doesn’t know anything. Don’t blame him” my anger soothed when Jamie blocks her self as is she’s afraid that gege will attack me again. It made me feel bother to see her sobbing like that. What did I do? “He’s not here when she left okay.”

 

            “Noona.” I rub noona’s back to comfort her but, she cried a lot more and I don’t even know why. Damn! What the hell is wrong with gege? He’s making me pissed.

 

            “You wanna kill me?  Do it after we find Yram. She’s missing”