It's yours

Human Heart

Chapter 21

           

            “What are you doing here?” The ! I already let Kai leave with Yram and now, he’s here. What the hell does he want now? “She’s not here! So why did you bother coming here?! HUH!” I burst out at Kris who seems shock on what I had said.

            “Does she have what she came here for?” he asks. Maybe he’s referring to Luhan’s heart.

            “I’ll get it for her. So now, leave.” I turn around and about to leave the lounge when I heard him speak.

            “I’ll give your heart back.” My eyes widened and look back at him.

            “What?”

            “That’s what Sam wanted. I’ll give it back to you so the two of you can leave Yram alone. She doesn’t need any of you.” Kris said glaring straight at me. “You may remember her but you’re still nothing for her.” he said with a smirk. Okay, that’s it!

            “You son of a…” the moment I’m about to attack him, we both pause on our spot as the door behind me opens up. I turned around and saw my evil sister with a smile together with her husband.

            “Sam.”

            “Did I hear it right? You’re giving my brother his heart back? Wow! So, what’s the catch?” she asked as she sat down in the solo couch crossing her legs and Suho standing beside her.

            “That’s enough Sam. He’s just here for Yram.” I said then turn to Kris. “You can leave now. I’ll give Luhan his heart back tomorrow. So, gege, please.” Actually, he’s right. Whether I get my heart back or not, Yram will not remember me at all. She loves Kris now, not me. And that’s the reality I have to face now. I saw how Sam frowns at what I had said, but, I don’t care. Beside, I will not stay here anymore.

            But to my surprise, Gege smiled at me and said “I’m giving your life back.” Tapping me at my shoulder. “I think I had suffered enough on what you had done to me.” He said looking at my sister. “I had already paid for my crime for killing your brother and your friend, and making Yram loss all her memories.”

            “You know?” Sam asked holding tightly on Suho. I looked at them back and forth. What are they talking about? I don’t get it? What does gege knows?

            “Believe it or not, I had seen what happen. The accident… everything. Even the girl I’m with that time. Accident is an accident. You know I could sue you right?” Gege’s word made Sam stood up from her seat and stutter. Accident? Is that the one I’m involved in?

            Knowing Sam, she easily changes her expression. She grins then said, “So, what do you want.” Seating back on her seat.

            “Give my life back. I know you still have mine.” Sam looks at Suho then smirk.

            “Okay. And what a coincidence, that girl you’re referring to is coming here in two days.”

            Girl? Whose girl?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “I have to get him back Kai” she said as I stopped her from pursuing to enter her car. She, me, Luhan, and Sehun are all outside the house.

            “Then I’ll come with you” as I said that, her face got a bit relieve. Actually, I’m worried about her health. She hasn’t had enough rest in a day and a lot of stressful event had happened within just this day. She may haven’t notice it yet but, her pale complexion can show it.    

            “She doesn’t look good Kai. Her headache may attack if she didn’t take a rest.” Sehun told me that the moment I brought the sleeping Yram home.

            “Headache?” I asked.

            “Ever since she got into an accident, she’s been suffering from a headache that comes in times she’s not fully aware of. Doctors said it’s an after effect from the accident. They said it could be a sign of her memories returning but, until now, it’s just a plain headache. That’s why they gave her a maintenance medicine in case it attacks.”

            “Let’s go.” She said and walk towards the parked car. I turn my head on the siblings who were standing in the doorway, both worried. I smiled at them, assuring them that I’ll take care of Yram. But, before I could follow Yram, I felt a hand on my arm. I turned around and saw Luhan.

            “Take this.” He gave me a small plastic bag. I frown in confusion and before I could ask him, he said “It’s her medicine. In case it attacks, please give it to her immediately.” I took the bag “One more heart-breaking event may lead her to danger.” Luhan added worriedly. I held his shoulder and smiled.

            “I’ll take care of her. I promise”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            As the two on the road back to Samantha’s home, Yram’s phone suddenly rung making her and Kai stunned. The two glances at each other for a bit. Kai continue to drive carefully and Yram, thrilled to answer the call, hoping it’s from Kris.

            As she fished it out her jacket’s pocket she frown upon seeing who it was. Kai notice this expression of her upon glancing at her.

            “Who was it?” he asks with eyes on the road. Instead of answering Kai’s question, she presses the answer button.

            “What do you want?” she said in an annoyed tone.

            “Don’t do anything stupid” her brow raised. “Knowing you, you’re on the road to get Kris”

            “How did you know that? Are you spying on me?” she said madly. Kai on the other hand was listening intently on her.

            “Well, I just called on Sam and she told me she have Kris. She’s also aware you’ll be coming over, so please Yram. Stop it now.”

            “It’s none of your business Baekhyun. So stay out off this!” she shouted. She wants to hang up the call but her instinct’s telling her not to. There’s something that she needs to hear from Baekhyun.

            “I’m coming back there in two days.”

            “And so? Do you want me to go to the airport to pick you up?” she said sarcastically. Little did she know, those harsh words are crushing Baekhyun deep inside.

            “Well, if you insist, why not” Yram gritted her teeth and clutches her phone tightly. As she heard the sound of his smirk, he added “Actually, I’m coming back there to bring someone that belongs to Kris.”

            Someone? Yram got puzzled. Who could it be?

            Stuttering, she asked “Some…one?” she breathes in, preparing her self on whatever Baekhyun will say.

            Kai stops the car at the sign of the red light in a busy night road. There’s a night market on the sides and people are starting to gather on it. But this sight is not even visible to Yram. Kai looks at Yram and got bother to see how her expression changes as she listens to her caller.

            “I’m bringing his wife. Sasha Jean.” Upon hearing that, Yram felt her heart got stabbed a hundred times. She was staring blankly ahead not noticing her tears rushing down her cheeks. “You heard me clear right Yram? He’s married. SO STOP YOUR FOOLISHNESS!” her phone slides down her hand. Her world seems got crashed on what she heard. Married? Sasha Jean? Sasha Jean. Sounds familiar. Where did she saw that name?

           “You love him?”

            “LOOK AT IT!” a flashback of the document that Sam has showed her occurred to her. *refer to the chapter's pic.

           He's married? She asked herself as she remembers that info. from Kris' data. 

           “The guy you’re protecting… was the guy who’s responsible for my brother’s death”

 

               April 18? April 18. What happen that day?

 

            “Tao! What are you doing…?” before she could even finish off her question, Tao hugs her tight. “What’s wrong?”

            Tao separates from her with his hands still attached on her waist. She was fluttered on how he looks at her. Full of love.

            Tao’s left hand travels from her arm through her hand and kisses it while staring at her eyes.

            “You only do that when you’re bothered. Tell me. What happened?”

            Tao sighed “Let’s leave.”

            As the traffic light change to green, Yram was staring at it. Then a sudden event flashed on her.

           It’s a long ride. Luhan dozed off and Yram was holding Tao’s right hand and also getting sleepy. The weather has started to change, from starry night it gets colder, gloomy, and the way’s a bit harder to look at.

            Tao started to feel tired.

            And just as he turn the wheel on the left, Tao got terrified on what’s ahead of them. Yram shouted in fear "TAO!". The car crash on the blue car in front of them. Tao's head hits the steering wheel then bounces hardly back on his seat. Yram hits her head in front then on the glass window. The car flies below the car they got hit on and what terrifies Yram was seeing Luhan fly out from his seat towards the road. Everything was so fast that she can't do anything to save him. The car that's upside down glides on the road before it finally stops upon hitting the road barricade.

            She tried to move her head to see Tao but, her aching body is stopping her. The only support she's getting  from hitting the ground with her head was her seatbelt. In front of her she could see the awful state of her friend Luhan. Her tears runs down for she knew he's not moving anymore. She tried to talk yet no word came out. 

          She sobs, hoping for a help. Her eyes started to feel tired. And because of her aching body, she finally surrenders and shut them off.

               

           Kai just stares at her worriedly as she starts to tremble on her seat.

            “What happened? Who was it? Answer me!” the other cars behind are honking and shouting at them yet, Kai didn’t mind. He’s bothered more on Yram’s state.

            “Oh my god!” she howled as she held her head with both hands “Why are you doing this to me? My head!” she burst out her pain. Kai doesn’t know what to do. “Please… take me home” with that, Kai, turns and drive off back.