Suffer the consequence

Human Heart

 

Chapter 14

 

            It’s been a week since Yram and I left her apartment. Why? Even I don’t know the answer. She went back home alone that night. She didn’t even talk to Samantha and just went straight to her room. Samantha? I don’t know what comes to her mind but, she became worried that night and left. Half-hour after she left, Yram told me to pack everything I can. She looks bothered and rushing. I tried asking her but, the only answer I get was…

 

            “Just shut up and come with me!”

 

            So touching huh! Tsk! For now, we’re currently staying at a 2 storey Victorian Style house. It was located far from the city where we used to live. She said, this house was the only place she remembers from her past that Sam doesn’t know. I wonder what she means by that. I was about to bring her some food when I paused from entering the study room. As usual, she was on her favorite spot. She’s on the mini sofa staring blankly at no particular from the window. Maybe, she’s thinking about Tao. That jerk.

 

I tried contacting Tao yet, I failed. His number’s unreachable. I tried asking Jamie if she knows where he is but, she said she hasn’t seen him ever since the day Yram got lost.

 

            I saw her moves from her spot and fished out her phone from her shirt’s pocket. I walked inside yet, I keep a few distance from her. I placed the food tray on the center table. I saw her dialed someone and placed her phone near her ear and stared back on the window.

 

            “Hey… I need to see you. Can you come here? And please… don’t mention this to her. Okay. I’ll wait for you. See you Baekhyun.”

 

            Baekhyun? Why did she call him? She said, she doesn’t want anybody to know where our whereabouts. Why did she suddenly call him?

 

            “How long have you been there?” I snap out from my thoughts upon hearing out her question.

 

            “Oh! I just came in.” I smiled. “Here, I brought you some food. I hope you’re hungry.” I offered and open the cover to show her the content. I saw her moved from her seat and walks towards the table. She grabs a piece of chocolate bread and sat on the long sofa that surrounds the table. I smiled seeing her finally eating the food I brought.

 

            “Did Samantha contact you?” I stop placing tea on her cup. I stared at her and I can see how worried she was. I placed the tea cup back on the tray and gave her her drink.

 

            “Don’t worry. I did what you told me. I turned off my phone and haven’t called anyone.” I said.

 

            “Wanna know why we left?” I got surprise to hear that from her but, curiosity already hits my system.

 

            “Yes. I’ve been waiting for you to tell me” I nod.

 

            She placed the cup on the table, staring on its almost empty content. Few seconds later, she slowly stared at me and asks the words I didn’t expect to hear from her.

 

            “Do you love me?” before I could answer, my voice got lost on her next statement “Because I do.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

             “What?! They left?! Where the hell did they go?!”

               I was just about to throw our trash when I heard a woman’s loud voice coming near Yram’s apartment. I turned left on the hall and saw the landlady explaining something on someone. I wonder whom she’s talking to. I walk few steps more and got eyes widened to see HER.

 

 

            “Samantha?” Samantha who looks so pissed and the landlady both stared on my direction.

 

            “Luhan?” her expression changed as she walks towards my spot. “Luhan.” Her voice was happy same as her face.

 

            I drop the two garbage bags off my hands and open my arms to welcome Samantha.

 

            “It’s been a long time since I last saw you Sam” I said as we separates.

 

            “Yeah. It’s good to see you” she said. I look back on the landlady who bowed down and left.

 

            “Do you know where they are?” she suddenly asks. I shake my head sideways. “I see.”

 

            “I need to find them Luhan. You know why.” Suddenly, I shiver upon seeing how her smirks form and felt something’s gonna happen.

 

            “Well, it’s nice seeing you.” I was about to leave when I felt her grip on my arm.

 

            “Why so fast Luhan? Are you hiding something from me?” she glares at me and I swear, that’s something you don’t wanna see.

 

            “No… Let go.” I tried to pull back my arm but this woman is sure stronger than me.

 

            “You know something. Where is she? Where are they?!” her voice rose up while tightening her grip on me.

 

            “Please… Sam” I’m begging her to let go but, the more I tried to release myself, the more she tightens her grip.

 

            “TELL ME WHERE ARE THEY?!”

 

            “LET HIM GO!!” she stops from shaking me and we both looks on the side. My heart felt relieved to see my brother. “I.said.let.him.go” Sehun grabs me off from Samantha and pushes her away from us. He wraps me on his arms to secure that Sam won’t hurt me again.

 

            “Ooh! Brotherly love. I’m kinda jealous. Now… where are they Luhan?” Samantha is sure persistent on what she wanna know. But, how will I answer her if I don’t know it at all.

 

            “We don’t know Samantha. So please, leave us alone.” Sehun said seriously.

 

            “Leave you two alone? Are you fu**** kidding me?” Sam smirks. “Have you forgotten Sehun? I brought your brother alive so, it’s time to pay back don’t you think.”

 

            Sehun steps in front and cover me up, protecting me. I maybe the oldest but, Sehun was always the one who protects me. I grip on his shirt tightly, afraid of what’s gonna happen.

 

            “We already pay you Samantha”

 

            “I gave Luhan his heart back which is not usual for my business. Your payment’s not enough.” Samantha said.

 

            “What do you want Sam?”

 

            “Bring me, Yram, Kris, and my brother Tao. If you won’t help me… suffer the consequence.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________           

 

            “Now that you leave her, how are we gonna get our hearts back?” Lay asks the guy seated on the bar stool, drinking his alcohol.

 

            “Do our original plan.” The guy said not turning his back.

 

            “You mean, invade Samantha’s home and kill her?” Kai asks who’s also seated on the stool beside the guy.

 

            “Are you sure about this Tao? I mean, she’s your sister.” Chen asks and looks on Lay who shrugs his shoulder.

 

            Tao took a sip on his drink and stared seriously in his front “You have my permission.”