Chances strikes once

Human Heart

Chapter 23

           

As Chanyeol stood up from his seat to answer a call, Sehun sat beside Yram’s bed where the latter was seated a while ago. To avoid more commotion between Kai and Chanyeol, Luhan decided to take Kai to the doctor’s office to ask about Yram’s condition.

“How was everything there Baek?” Sehun glanced at Chanyeol who’s staring at the window, talking to Baekhyun at his phone. “She’s still not conscious hyung. I’m freaking worried.” He saw how frustrated Chanyeol was as he brushed his hair with his fingers.

He sighed and held the unconscious lady’s hand. But as soon as he glanced back at her, his eyes widened to see fluids rushing down on her cheeks. He was about to say this to Chanyeol but he was taken aback upon hearing his friend’s next words.

“WHAT?! YOU SAW WHO?” he saw the phone slides down from Chanyeol’s hand.

“Oh my God! Everything is… everything is…” Sehun stood up from his seat as he saw Chanyeol sat in the floor with dimmed aura.

“Hyung”

______________________________________________________________________________

 

“Huh! Catched you noona.” The young Chanyeol said happily upon reaching the pretty girl in pink dress. Her wavy hair bounces gracefully as she turns around to face his chubby friend. Chanyeol smiled widely as he sees the vibrant smile from her.

“It’s amazing how you able to reach me Yeol.” She smiled as she held his hand and they both walked hand in hand in the field full of beautiful tulips.

“Tsk! I maybe fat but I’m still fast you know.” Chanyeol pouted making the girl smile at his cuteness.

“You’re not fat. You’re healthy” she said sincerely making Chanyeol feel proud of himself.

 They are both laughing at random stories when they both paused as they heard familiar voices calling their names.

“Chanyeol! Yram!” They looked at each other and smiled at the very sight of the cute kids approaching them. As they reached the pathway, they all stand in front of each other.

“Our parents are already looking for you.” said the dark haired boy with a sincere smile flastered on his face.

“Ooh~ it’s already time for dinner. Wow! I’m hungry.” Chanyeol said as he grins widely while rubbing his tummy. This scene made Yram and the dark haired boy in her front chuckle at his cute act but…

“Please Chanyeol. Can you please stop thinking about food for once” said by the brunette boy standing in front of the latter, crossed arms and grumpy looks.

“Why are you so mean Baekhyun?” Chanyeol pouted as he wraps his arm on Yram. Seeing his brother so touchy on the girl who’s not bothered on Chanyeol’s touchiness, the young Baekhyun frown and glares at his lucky brother.

“Now, now~ should we head home?” The dark haired boy said smiling at Baekhyun as he noticed his glares at his own brother.

“Sure oppa. Let’s go.”Yram said and walked hand in hand with Chanyeol on her left and the dark haired boy on her right.

 

______________________

 

“Tsk! This .” The 17 years old Baekhyun said as he sighed hard, clutching the straps of his backpack in irritation.

“Baekhyun. Words please.” scolded by the dark haired guy standing beside him.

“Sorry hyung.”

“Come on Baek. Think of this in a positive way. We’re in a new school for Christ’s sake.” Chanyeol, who lost his chubby body, taller than the people he’s with and now’s a true blue perfectly fit teenager, said with his signature grin.

“Chanyeol. You too. Words please.” Again said by the dark haired guy while face-palming on how the siblings talk.

“Yeah Baek. Chanyeol’s right. Let’s just enjoy our new life here at our new school. Although we’re not in Paris anymore, we should be greatful that we’re still together. Right?” Yram who’s standing in between the dark haired guy and Chanyeol, said with a smile that surely mesmerize Baekhyun. The dark haired guy just smiled seeing the latter’s obvious reaction. The four friends are standing in front of the huge gate of their new school, not bothered by the other students who are busy chatting with each other and some are staring at them.

“Hey everyone. Why are you all still standing there? Don’t you have a class already?” the four of them turn around as they heard someone from behind.

“Hi Sehun. How’s Luhan?” Yram greeted. Sehun smiled as he stops in front of the four while holding the straps of his back pack.

“I didn’t know you’re studying here.” Baekhyun said grumpily, irritated to the fact that the ladies are staring with admiration at them. “es” he said in a low voice but still receives a tap at his side from the dark haired guy.

“Well, to answer the first question…” Sehun said as the five of them started walking together inside the school premises. “Luhan’s fine. He has his special class as usual and yes, I’ve been studying here ever since.” he shrugs.  

Sehun and Luhan are Yram and the dark haired guy’s neighbor in their new town. While Baekhyun and Chanyeol are a bus trip away from their friends that pisses Baekhyun more.

Yram and her brother’s parents decided to take them to Seoul to study without further telling them why. As good children they are, they both obey their parents’ decision. And because of this, Baekhyun begs on his parents to join the siblings, of course, his parents didn’t say yes unless he’s with Chanyeol. No choice. He said yes.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

Are you ready to forget her? Are you sure you’re doing the right thing? You didn’t even say goodbye or talked to her for the last time. The ! What would I even say to her if I did? Kris who’s staring at the white ceiling got distracted by his thought when the door opens up.

“Are you ready?” He saw Samantha smiling at them as she enters the room with her minion behind. Without hearing any reply from them, she precedes on the equipment few steps away from the beds.

“You’re an idiot.” Kris turns his head on his left where Tao was lying. The latter was staring on the ceiling.

“This is what you want, right?” Kris said.

“Of course. But, is this what you want?” the sounds from the equipment stops. Samantha turns around with a frown as he heard her brother’s question.

Kris sighed hard as he stared back at the ceiling. “I have a wife waiting for me and you have Yram who’s originally yours.” He just said that made Sam grin and turn back on what she actually doing a while ago.

“Jerk. You didn’t answer my question. Tsk.” but before Kris could even talk again, Sam barge in.

“Okay enough chit-chatting and let’s get to work.” She said as she stands in between the beds while wearing her gloves on.

“Why? Afraid he’ll change his mind.” Tao said with a smirk.

“Stupid jerk. I’m doing this for you so zip it.” Sam irritatingly said to her brother.

As when Sam and D.O’s about to put the two guys to sleep mode the door suddenly opens up making them all stared at the shocked and worried guy who appears.

“What the hell Xiumin! What is wrong with you?! Can’t you see we’re busy here?!” Sam fumingly said.

Kris and Tao looks at each other both sat on their beds to see what’s happening around. They both noticed how shocked Xiumin was. They just don’t know why.

D.O’s about to drag the latter out but his words made them all stop especially Sam.

“Suho stole something from the lab.” He said in an obvious nervous tone. Sam frowns as she took off her gloves and went in front of the boy.

“Suho? He’s here? But I told him to…” but, before Samantha could finish her words, Xiumin’s next words made her alarm.

“He went rushing in the Lab 1. When I ask him why, he just took one of the containers from the…”

            “FROM THE WHAT?!” Sam shouted in madness.

            “From the off limit room.” Sam’s eyes widened in shock and her heart beats faster than the usual. Scared of what will happen next. “He took the one with the name of Kim Joonmyeon” with that, Samantha rushed outside the lab with her two androids tailing behind her.

            “Xiumin, inform everyone at the company to take Suho as soon as they saw him. D.O, we’ll search for him around the city. Wait me at the car.” That’s the last one Kris and Tao heard outside and now, it’s pure silent.

            “What will happen now?” Kris asks, staring at the left opened doors.

            “I don’t know.” Tao simply said as he stood up from the bed and grabs his shirts from one of the hooks on the white wall then throws one on Kris who swiftly catches it.

            “That’s it? How about your heart?” Kris said irritatingly as he puts on his shirt.

            “Well, as you can see, Sam can’t perform the operation. Her husband is far more important than me. Obviously.” Tao chuckles.

            “Well, my wife is waiting for me now. How am I supposed to face her? Like, hey, are you my wife? Sorry to tell, I still don’t remember you.” Kris frowns more as he sees Tao laughs out loud as if he heard the funniest joke in town.

            Tao cleared his troath upon seeing Kris’ reaction. “Hmm. Sorry. Well, just grab this as an opportunity.”

            “Opportunity of what?”

            “Opportunity to see Yram stupid. It’s so obvious of you that you’re freaking worried for not seeing and saying at least a goodbye to her.” Kris was shock on how Tao says those words like he’s not affected. He’s staring at the lad who’s fixing his self in front of the walled mirror. “I’m giving you the chance to do that gege.” Kris looks at Tao’s serious reflection who’s also staring at him. “Your wife’s downstairs. I don’t know what you will tell her but, please, see Yram at least for the last time.” Kris notice how Tao’s expression got soften.

            Tao’s feeling for Yram is still a wonder for him. He doesn’t have a real heart but yet, he still feels in love with her.  His heart was attached to him. Does that means he just love her because that’s what Tao really feels? It confuses him more. What if the operation has been pursued? Will he still remember who Yram is? Will he feel the same love he has for her? Will Yram forgive him if he forgets about her? There are lots of questions that runs on his mind but got back to reality as he heard Tao’s next words.

            “For now, I have to see what really happen to Sam’s husband. She’s still my sister after all.” Tao smirks and walks towards the door then Kris stood up from the bed. “See you soon gege.” Tao said then left the room.

______________________________________________________________________________

           

            “So, that guy was your friend’s brother? Oh my gosh!” Sasha covered with both her hands as she heard the full story from Baekhyun. Just after he called his brother and told him what he discovered in Sam's house, he narrated the story to Sasha  who Suho really was. “All this time Samantha made all of you believe that he’s dead. And since your friend got amnesia, she’s not aware that her beloved brother was just near her. Samantha is really… I can’t believe someone could do such a horrible thing. I thought it was just my husband but now…” Sasha sighed deep. “Please, I hope I have my husband now. Samantha’s creeping me out.” She held both Baekhyun’s trembling hands rubbing it softly.

            Baekhyun was seated in front of Sasha with head bowed down. He still can’t believe what he just discovered. For now, his mind is blank and can’t think of anything. He even can’t clearly hear what Sasha has been saying, until he heard a gasp from the lady in his front.

            He looks up to her and notice tears streaming down her face while looking at somewhere from the room. As he turns his head where she’s looking at, he glares instantly to see who was standing in the doorway, looking at Sasha.

            “Wu Fan.” Sasha says happily. “At last, I finally found you” she said in between sobs.

            Hearing the lady spoke, Kris doesn’t have to ask if she’s his wife anymore. He looks at her from head to toe and got saddened to see her sitting on a wheel chair. He doesn’t know what happen to her but he feels he’s accountable on what happen to her. He saw Baekhyun in front of her and notice the usual glares he’s giving him. He just ignored it and walks towards his wife. He kneeled down in front of her and wiped the tears off her.

            “Hi.” He said soflty as he smiled at her, mesmerizing the lady. Sasha didn’t wait any further and locked Kris on her arms.

            “Wu Fan. I miss you so much” she said sobbing hard on his chest. Kris smiled at her warm welcome. He rubs her back while hashing her.

            “I’m here now. You don’t have to worry now.” Seeing how the lady reacted, Kris doesn’t know how to tell her that he still doesn’t remember her.

            “So, how was the operation? Sam says two hours. It’s just 30 minutes had passed. That was so fast. Don’t you think?” His eyes widened to hear Baekhyun’s question. He looks at him and saw how the guy smirks at him. Sasha let go from his arms and stared at him.           

            He smiled at her, ignoring Baekhyun’s recent words. “Let’s just go home. Things here are getting crazy. There’s no need to say goodbye to Samantha. She’s busy.” He said as he stood up and went behind her chair.

            “Okay.” Sasha smiled and looks at Baekhyun who stood up from his seat.

            “So, where do you live now?” Kris asks as he started to push Sasha’s chair towards the door.

            “She’s staying with us.” Kris paused and looks behind him where Baekhyun was tailing them.

            “Yes, I’m currently living with them hon. We were neighbors back in Paris. He and his brother were the one who helped me out to search for you.”

            Kris sighed and forced a smile as he continues to push Sasha. “Thank you for taking care of my wife.” He said on the guy behind him.

            “You can also stay with us for now, until you’re prepared to leave the country.” Kris can sense Baekhyun was smirking behind him. Leave the country? What the heck?

______________________________________________________________________________

           

            “Any moment now, her memories can come back.” Luhan and Kai listened carefully at the doctor who’s seated in front of them. He’s holding the x-rays of Yram’s brain showing them the changes that happened on her for the past few years.

            “Are you saying that, her headache is not like the usual sickness anymore?” Luhan asks.

            “Yes. Actually I thought it was the usual thing when you rushed her here but as soon as I got the lab result I was surprise to see the changes. Her brain structure was back to its normal form. All you have to do is to monitor her. If you notice something unusual, tell me immediately.”

            “Thank you doc.” Luhan and Kai bowed down and leaved the room.

            As the two were walking on the hallway where there are nurses accompanying patients, they both paused as they saw Sehun rushing towards their direction. As they saw the worried look on his face, they instantly got bothered.

            “Sehun. What? What happen?” Luhan worriedly asks, holding the latter on both his shoulders.

            “Luhan… Noona… she’s… she’s…” Sehun says stattering.

            “She’s what?!” Luhan shouted not bothered on the stares from other people around.

            “You gonna be kidding me.” Kai rushed away from the siblings upon hearing nothing from the lad. He’s worried sick on his friend.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Samantha told D.O to prepare the car as she’ll get some of her stuff from her room. As she enters the said place, she got shock to see everything scattered. Chairs and tables are flips, vases, frames and mirrors are broken. The sheets, pillows and cushion are torned. It’s like the eye of the storm hits her room. But her attention was placed on the container that Xiumin told her that has been stolen. It was on the floor… empty and liquids flowing out from it. She gritted her teeth as she realizes what her husband has done. The name Kim Joonmyeon was engraved on it but there’s a deep scratch on it. Like a knife went through it.

            As she kneeled down to pick the said container, her eyes spotted a piece of paper beside it. Good thing it’s far from the liquid. She picks it up and as she read what it says, she felt her heart stops beating and tears started to stream down on her face.