Off-Limit? Not Anymore

Human Heart

Chapter 24

 

            “He’s… he’s… her brother.”

 

            Suho heard clearly behind the door. He has a frown flastered on his face as he walks ahead heading in no particular along the hallway.

            Is the reason why Samantha wants him out the house is because she doesn’t want him to be seen by her friend? Who happens to know who he was?

            He has been asked to leave the house but before he could even drive his car, he saw a car arrived. A lady in a wheel chair and a guy, Baekhyun in particular, went out the car. He saw the latter helped the said lady in getting inside the house. “Who are they? Does Samantha have visitors today?” he asked himself as he watched the two approaches the two-way door. He’s about to greet them but, as he saw they had been greeted by Xiumin, he decided to introduce himself once their settled inside.

But, as he went inside few minutes after he roam around the garden, he got puzzled as he saw the lady in a wheel chair alone in the waiting room.

 

            “Hi! I’m Suho. Samantha’s husband and you are?”

            “I’m Sasha. I’m here for my husband. Wu Fan.”

            “So, you are his wife. It’s nice meeting you then.”

            “Yes.”

            “I wonder why my wife didn’t tell me about your arrival. May I offer you a drink then?”

            “Sasha?” they both heard, turning their sight on the doorway and saw a shock guy, particularly looking at him.

            “Baekhyun. What took you so long?”

            “HOW COULD YOU LEFT YOUR SISTER?!”

 

His phase got faster as he thinks about what Baekhyun has said. Seeing the latter’s reaction as he said those words, Suho got more curios and at the same time was disappointed. Disappointed on what? On the fact that his beloved wife has been hiding something from him? He tries to shrug it off but, the SISTER thing is hitting his head. Who the heck is his sister?

            As he reached their shared room, he sighed hard, closing the door behind him. He walks towards the large bed and stares at their wedding portrait hanging above the head board. He smiles as he looks at how happy his wife was on the said portrait.

            “No. She’s not lying to me. Baekhyun’s just telling lies.” He said to himself as he walks around the bed towards the portrait. He took the portrait off its hook to wipe it but what’s behind it took his attention.

            “A vault? I didn’t know there’s one here.” he frowns. What would Samantha put there? And how come he doesn’t know about it? They been married for almost 2 years and it was the first time he discovers it. He steps on the bed to try if he could open the vault. He first think of the possible passwords that his wife could use, he thinks about her birthday, his mother-in-law’s, Tao’s and even his birthday… the day he got created, but none of it works. He tried random passwords he could think off but none of it works, not until he saw their wedding portrait that he placed at the side table. Their wedding date. He twisted the knobs of the vault according to the numbers their wedding date has and with the last turn, he smiled widely as it clicks. Sign that he succeeded in opening the vault. As he open it up he got puzzle to see a brown folder in it. He took it and sat on the bed.

            “Well, I’m her husband so I have every right to see it. Right?” he sighed hard then gently flips the cover. He frowns as he saw what’s inside. It was… his profile. (refer to the chapter pic.)

 

            Upon reading everything from the paper, Suho dashed out of the room with the said paper still on his hand.            

            Kim Joon Myun. Kim Joon Myun. He knew he saw that name before.

 

            “What’s that?” Samantha got shocked as she heard Suho’s voice behind her. She tries to hide the thing the latter has been asking about behind her as she turns around to face her husband, but she failed as Suho went behind her.

            “Who’s Kim Joon Myun?” he asks as he saw the name engraved on the metallic cylinder container. He noticed how nervous his wife was but he just shrugs it off. “Is he your new project? Did he die recently?”

            “He’s a friend.” Samantha said confident about the lie she stated. “Actually, he’s dead already.” she smiled at him and gently took the container from Suho.

            “Then why are you still keeping his heart?” he asks as he followed her towards a room where there’s an ‘Off-Limit’ sign. It took few minutes as Samantha went inside alone, placed the container and locked it before she faced Suho to answer his question.

            “He’s precious, that’s why.” Suho noticed how Samantha’s eyes darken as she said those words and the sound of her voice is full of grief. Samantha held Suho’s hand as they walk together outside, but the truth is, she just doesn’t want for Suho to see what’s that container really means for him.

            “Do you love him?”Suho asks making them paused in the middle of the hallway. Samantha stares at him, as if asking if he’s serious. “I’m serious” she chuckles.

            “Yes. I used to love him. But now…” she cups his face with both her hands and smiled “I have you. I love you more than anything in this world.” She kissed him lightly making the guy smile.

 

“Suho, what are you doing here?” the guy with a puffy cheeks asked upon seeing Suho arrived inside the LAB 1. “Madam asked you leave for a while right? Why are you here?” he added.

            “I just had to check on something Xiumin so I came back.” Suho roams his eyes around and once he saw what he’s looking for, he proceeds towards it.

            Seeing where the lad was going, Xiumin stood up from his seat, puts down his pen and quickly walks towards Suho.

            “What are you doing? You’re not allowed there. We’re not.” Xiumin said, blocking Suho from completely approaching the ‘Off-Limit’ room. Suho looks at him and smiled.

            “Samantha told me to get something inside that she needs for her project now.” He said showing Xiumin the key he saw inside the vault too. Xiumin raised a brow.

            “I don’t think Ms. Samantha would ask you that.” He said making Suho glare at him. “If she needs something from here, she could have asked me or even more, she’ll be the one to get it. Why don’t you just wait there… “Xiumin said pointing on the solo couch near the door “… I’ll ask Ms. Samantha on what she really needs.” Suho watched Xiumin as the latter walks towards the table where there’s a phone. But before Xiumin could lift the handle…

            “Sorry brother. I have to do this.” Hearing that, Xiumin turns around but got meet by the hard impact from the steel stool in the head making his system shut down. He landed on the ground and his eyes turns gray. “I’m really sorry Xiumin.” Suho said but genious he was, he opens a small compartment behind Xiumin’s head and arranged the wires inside. “Don’t worry, you’ll be up later. For now, sleep tight.” He said then proceeds towards the ‘Off-Limit’ room.

            He inserts the key then opens up the door. As he enters the small pure white room, he easily spotted the container he’s looking for. But it’s not the only one inside. There is other one beside it. Wu Yi Fan.