Secretly Loving You

Human Heart

CHAPTER 40

“Are you okay now?” Tao asks Yram as they walk hand and hand at the park near Yram’s boutique and enjoying their own flavored ice creams with  their free hands.

“Better than before.” Yram says with a smile. She still can’t believe what her eyes are seeing. Her long-lost fiance is now with her especially in the time when she needed him the most... She guest.

They stops and sat on the bench under a pink cherry tree. 

Yram’s fascinated by how Tao watch the people at the park do their things. Some are riding bicycles, playing frisbees, walking their dogs, and some are just having their solemn time. Seeing like how happy he was and up close makes her remember their time together whether at school or at each others homes.

But... All those sweet memories had been blocked by the painful truth that the Tao she’s staring at is not the same Tao from before.  

“I’m sorry.” Upon hearing her weak voice, Tao looks back at her and got bothered seeing her looks so down.

“Wha... Hey. What are you sorry for? What’s wrong?” as he tried to comfort her, Yram clenched his hand. He got puzzled seeing her squishing it to her lonely face.

Yram cries silently as she feels the coldness of her beloved’s hand. It breaks her more that the guy she loves more than her self is not like her and will never be anymore.

“How could I be the only one who survives that night? You and Luhan doesn’t deserve this. I don’t deserve to this!” pointing to her self as a human.

Tao tries to speak but doesn’t know how to start so he  just sighs. “If I only knew ahead of time what happened to you...”

“You have an amnesia”

“That’s the point!’ she boasted. “I don’t remember it and it’s ing killing me now!”

“It’s not your fault Yram.” Tao sighs. He took her melting ice cream off her hand and tossed theirs at the garbage bin beside his spot. He took his handkerchief from his shirt’s pocket. As he wipes her sticky hand, “It was an accident. It’s no ones fault. There are things that just meant to happen but unfortunately...” he smiled as he finally cleans her hand. “... It happened to us.”

“How could you be so calm? I finally remembered who you are to me but knowing what happens to you back then is making me crazy especially that you’re... Here.”

“Tell me Yram. Is it me being dead but I’m here makes you crazy or is it the fact that you have someone else you hoped is here instead of me?” that question made Yram unable to utter a single word. She just got blank. That question never crossed her mind so how could she answer it? 

Seeing her avoiding his stare made Tao smiles bitterly “You don’t have to answer that. I understand.” he looks at his watch. “I think we should go back. I have to go somewhere.” he stood up and reach his hand to Yram who’s done wiping her tears.

Curious, she takes his hand then stood up. “Where are you going?” she asks.

“You’ll know soon.”

“Are you perhaps with her?” Knowing who she’s referring made Tao just smiled at her. 

“Lets go” as he walks ahead of her, Yram watch him gets farther from her spot thinking about her theory.

“He wouldn’t come alone. I’m sure of that. But... Why?” but the possible answer for her own question made her bother. “Shocks Joon. She’s here”

With that, she grabsp her phone then run the opposite way where Tao went.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What the.... Okay. Okay. Calm down.” Kai immediately left his meeting upon getting a call from Yram as he sense how tense her voice was, he dismissed everyone from the conference room and dashed outside while listening to his sister. His secretary Aya was tailing behind him, handling him his suit as they walks on the lobby. “I said calm down Yram. Where are you anyway? Okay. I’ll see you there.” he ended the call. “Geez!” irritation is visible to Kai’s presence that everyone of his staffs that sees him avoids his way.

“I called the company at Paris and they had confirmed that the President will board the train going back here this afternoon. You can expect for him to arrived later at night.” Aya says.  “He has too.” Kai says but then paused as they reached the car. The valet boy opened the door for him. “Wait! Night?” he asks as he looks at his secretary who’s so immune on the way how he acts that scares the other employees. “I thought he’s done with his business deal there. That’s why I expect him to be here by afternoon. What makes him delay? Can’t he sensed what’s happening here?!” Irritation is visible on his voice.

His secretary sighed as she adjusted her eyeglasses on the bridge of her nose.

“Sir, your order clearly states to ask them what time the President will leave? Other than that, none. Should I call him straight to tell him what’s bothering you then?” Aya was about to dialed up but then got seized by Kai as he snatches her phone.

“No need.” Kai just rolled his eyes then went inside his car. 

“Wir sehen Sie uns morgen, Sir.” (See you tomorrow, sir.)

As the window slowly closes, Kai looks at Aya who just remained standing at her spot outside, waiting for him to leave. 

As it finally closes, Kai saw how Aya smiled at her reflection on the tinted window. Kai can’t help himself but to smiled back.

“Gehen wir, sir.” (Let’s go, sir.) The driver says making him turn to his serious face.

“Ah. Ja. (Yes)” 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Would you like some dessert sir?” the waitress offered Suho after placing the cup of coffee in his front.

“No, thank you. That would would be all” Suho smiled.

“Just call me if you need anything sir.” she said then leaves Suho on his own.

Suho delayed his schedule in going back to Germany to meet someone he actually didn’t like to see at all.

Well that’s what half of him is saying but deep inside he’s curious or more like... excited?

He was indulging his coffee while watching the people outside from the glass wall of the cafe when he heard the voice that made him felt a sparkling sensation on his system.

“You’re not flirting while I’m not around... aren’t you?” 

Suho felt his heart sunk upon seeing who approaches his spot. He expects her to arrived but what he didn’t expect is the feeling of longing for her.

“Hello my dear husband. Did you miss me?” Samantha smiled as she sat in front of Suho’s. Upon settling on her seat that’s when Suho noticed the two men who were with her all along.

“Of course. You would bring them.” he said bitterly earning him cold glares from Xiumin and D.O.

“Well, who knows what you could do to your wife if I’m alone. Safety precaution my love” Sam says, grabbing Suho’s drink before the latter could even take it. “Mmm. As expected, latte.” she says, her lips upon drinking. 

The scene mesmerized Suho but remembering what she did to him made him return to his senses, that the girl in his front is one of his problem and he got to get rid of it.

“I was surprised you decided to meet me. Missed me already?”she winks but this just made Suho disgusted. 

He hissed then laugh sarcastically “That was funny.” Hearing his insult made Xiumin almost attacks the latter but seized by Sam before he could do so.

“Relax my dear.” she says making Xiumin stands back on his original spot but not removing his glare. “Tell me. When did you knew we were here?”

“The moment you steps your feet at the airport.” Suho smirks.

“Wow. So you’ve been waiting for me. Ow~”

Suho rolled his eyes “Please~ Dream on. Let’s stop this nonsense and get to the point.”

“Shoot it.”

“We’ll get a divorce.”

Sam sighed “Is that so? But... Too bad, we can’t do that.” Suho frowns. Sam leans forward from her seat. “Your grandmother is expecting me.” she smiled.

“WHAT?!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol opens up the two-way huge door from their mansion with irritation or more like anger visible on his expression.

Upon hearing the door opens, Baekhyun who was staring at the glass wall while touching the rings he bought, turns around to see who came to visit him.

Chanyeol saw how happy Baekhyun was when he looks at him but then noticed the rings on the latter’s hands. “Oh ! So it’s true!”

“Please my brother, low down your voice. The whole house could hear you.” Baekhyun says as he sat down on the couch.

“Is she even aware of this marriage?”

“She will. Once we get there.” Baekhyun smiled.

“You’re crazy! You can’t force her to marry you!” This statement made Baekhyun stands up, glaring at his brother.

“Ever since we were kids Chanyeol, I love her. Can’t you just be happy for me?”

“Happy? How Baekhyun? If my friend would suffer then?” Chanyeol grabs his brother on his collar “Don’t do this to her. I beg you” he says mildly as he leans his forehead on the latter’s.

Baekhyun sighed but he separates his self from his brother. “I... I can’t Chanyeol. I’ve been waiting for this to happen and at last... Dad and Joon Myun decides this. I won’t let this chance slip away. She will be mine” 

Chanyeol can’t believe how his brother act.

He loves his brother but he worries more for his friend Yram who doesn’t have any idea of what will happen for the upcoming days.

 .

.

.

“How could you do this to him dad? You’re giving him false hope.” Chanyeol asks his father who’s on his seat, checking documents. After having a talk with his insane brother, Chanyeol rushed to his father’s office to get the answer he’s been looking for.

“It’s been decided Chanyeol. Just deal with it.” Mr. Park said still busy with his work.

“You didn’t even asks Yram about this. She doesn’t love him!” Mr. Park paused from signing when he heard his son raised his voice. He looks at him with a frown.

“This thing has been decided few years ago my son. Between me and their father. So, whether they like it or not, the promised should be obeyed. Your mother and I taught you about obeying promises, didn’t we? Now...” he grabs his pen again then proceeds on signing. “... Leave and prepare. You’ll be accompanying your brother to formally asks her family for marriage.”

“I can’t believe you dad. How could you do this to me?” Mr. Park frowns. As he stares back on his son, he was shock to see the young lad with tears rushing down his cheeks, and it breaks his heart to see his son like that.

He stood up then slowly walks to his son. “Chanyeol, could it be... that you...?”

“Je l'aime? (Love her?) Yes dad. I love her. But I didn’t tell her for I know she needed someone else than me. But what you did makes it unfair for me. If I only knew it will be like this, I should had told you about it, maybe... I'm the one holding that ring right now ”

Mr. Park was speechless as he watches his son leaves the room and vanished. He thought Baekhyun was the only one who wants Yram that’s why he made sure that they will end up together no matter what. He loves his sons that he will do anything for them to be happy but knowing that both of them wants the same happiness makes him think of what he did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re so cute” Lauren was playing at their house’s family room with her Persian cat, laying at the glamorous couch when the door opens up revealing her eldest brother Conrad. “Ooh! How was it?” she asks about his time on the mansion with their grandmother while brushing her cat’s fur.

“Oma says Joon will arrived this evening but will meet us at the mansion tomorrow morning so be prepared. I heard he have something to announce.” Conrad said then went on his black grand piano then started playing.

Lauren watch his brother who’s totally immersed on playing, while petting her cat. “Hmm. I wonder why.” thinking what could be the reason of her dear cousin for the sudden family gathering. “This should be good" she smirks.