Whisper

Human Heart

Chapter 36

 

“You have a meeting with Director Smith at 10am, discuss the next project ad with the Advertising team at 11 and…”

            “Lunch with my sister at 12, right?” Kai said making his English speaking, Japanese secretary cut her reminders.

            The lady sighed adjusting her eyeglasses on the brigde of her nose “Yes sir. I…”

            “Great! It’s still early for the meeting with Mr. Smith. Why don’t you grab something to eat? Just be back before the meeting starts. You can go now.” Kai said dismissing her, grabbing his phone from his table and turning his chair around.

            “Okay sir.” The lady bowed and when she’s about to go outside the room, she sighed as she saw Kai talks on the phone, she closed the door.

            “Hey! Something wrong?”

            “Nothing. Just checking on you.” he said with a smile plastered on his face, hearing his sister laughs on the other line.

            “Checking on me? Why is that? I’m at the boutique Kai. What do you think I’ll be doing by this time?”

            He laughs “What’s wrong with that? Is it bad to call you?”

            “Kai. Don’t you have a meeting or something? I’m kinda busy right now. I have lots of orders. I’ll you see later okay.”

            “Okay.” He faintly said that the lady on the other line noticed.

            “Kai.”

            “Yeah?” Kai turn his chair back, facing his table again. Staring at the photo of him together with his new siblings.

            “Don’t forget our lunch date. I’m craving for pasta today.” Instantly, he smiled as he imagines the childish smile of his sister when she wanted something.

            “Of course. I’ll pick you up on time.”

            “Great! I’ll see you then. Bye.”

            “Bye”

 

            It’s been few months ever since Kai started living in Germany with his new family. Upon arriving at the Miranda Mansion, he’s been introduced to Yram and Suho’s grandmother. At first, Kai felt he’ll be out-casted but he got surprised when he’s been welcomed warmly by the elegant grandmother. They even held a social gathering where Kai has been formally introduced as the 3rd heir in the family.

            But, just a week after their arrival, Suho left to Paris to settle their father’s business and because of this, Kai has been immediately assigned to take charge with their family’s business on behalf of his brother. Meanwhile, Yram chose to handle a small boutique just near the main building of the Miranda Corp.

           

            At exactly 11:45, Kai’s last meeting ended. He quickly bid goodbye to his staffs and left the building with his secretary tailing behind.

 

            “Call my brother...” upon saying that his secretary frowns, making him noticed what he said wrong. “I mean the President. Tell him everything that had been discussed on the meetings. Once you got his permission, inform me.”

            “Yes Vizepräsident (German for Vice-President).” Hearing how fluent her Japanese secretary is, Kai chuckled on her cuteness. His secretary dumbfounded, she asks “Are you okay sir?”

            Kai fake coughed “Ah, yes. I’ll see you tomorrow then.” he rides in his Maybach Exelero. He slides down the window and said “Ah, take care on your way Ms. Aya. I’ll see you tomorrow for the report.” He wore his FreudenHaus horst-sun in stealth color shades then smiled at her. “Auf Wiedersehen (German word for Goodbye)”.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            It’s 12pm and Yram is in the middle of fixing the scattered papers on her table when she heard a knock.

            “Come in” she said, not bothered to look who knocks on her door.

            “Are you done? He’s on the elevator now.”

            “Ah, yes Jamie. I’m almost done. Just let him in.” she placed the last papers inside her table’s cabinet then smiled at her friend “Done.” And just in time, the person she’s been waiting for arrives.

            “Ready?” he asks.

            “Hi! Kai.” Jamie greeted, giving him a kiss on his cheek.

            “Hi! Jamie. You look lovely today.” He said, giving her a tight hug.

            “Yah! Yah! Did you come here for me or for my secretary?” Yram said with crossed arms and tapping her feet. Hearing her complaint, the two separate and laughs. “Don’t laugh at me” she whined.

            “Gosh! Yram, don’t act like a jealous sister.” Jamie said earning a high five with Kai.

            “Yah! I’m not! Geez, I shouldn’t have brought you here to work with me. You’re good at handling my café at Korea instead.”

            “Don’t say that. You can’t live without your gorgeous best friend.” Jamie teased with her tongue out.

            “Okay, that’s enough girls.” Kai interrupted before Yram could talk back on Jamie. “Let’s go now. For sure your hungry.” He said, grabbing his sister’s MCM Veronika Isis shoulder bag and held her on her shoulder. “Bye Jamie, we’ll see you tomorrow.”

            “Ah… Kai… wait…” Yram says while being drag towards the door.

            “Okay Kai. Bye Boss. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jamie waves at them until they are out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “Wow! This is so good. Mmm~ heaven.” Even though Kai doesn’t eat, he feels he already tasted the food and full just by watching his dear sister eats lively, like a kid. “This one too. And this. Wooh!” Kai chuckles, enjoying the scene and his whisky. 

After few meals...

“I miss Joon.” Kai stops from swirling his drink upon hearing his sister. He gazed at her and noticed her stops from eating and changed mood. “Ever since we left Korea, the three of us has been working. Sorry Kai.”

            “What are you sorry for?”

            “You just arrived here and we already made you work. 미안해. (Sorry)”

            “It’s not your fault. Beside, what will I do here if I don’t work? I can’t be just having fun. Although Oma (German for Grandma) accepted me, there are others who are still in doubt that’s why I’m so glad that she, you, and Suho hyung gave me the chance to prove my self to everyone.” Kai stared at Yram and got puzzled seeing her smiling at him. “왜?” (Why?) 

             “I’m so proud of you!!!” she said, hugging him tightly. “Prove to them that you are indeed worthy being in our family. Oma and Joon would be so proud once they hear this.” She tightens her grip on him. “I’m not wrong in bringing you here” she squealed in joy making Kai just laugh at her childish act.

            “Okay okay. Stop it already. You’ll break my wires.” With that, Yram instantly loosen her grip and set space from him.

            “Sorry.” Worry is enable on her face.

            “Yah! Are you alright?” Kai asks, staring at her blank expression. “YAH! YRAM!” He shouted as he hears no response from her. The whole restaurant’s people look at their spot, yet he doesn’t care. He’s more concern on his sister who finally returns to earth. “괜찮아?” (Are you okay?)   

            “Ah. Of course.” She smiled and sat down on her chair. She ate her food again but Kai knew something bothers her.

 

            “You’ll break my wires.”

 

            "I almost forget that Kai’s an android. Joon too. Android? I wonder… are you in good condition… Kris?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            *crash* “What’s that?” Kris’ father asks worriedly upon hearing the loud sound coming from the kitchen. As he enters, he saw his son on the floor, staring at the broken dishes. “Wu Fan?”

            Kris stops staring at the broken dishes as he hears his father’s voice. “Ah. Yeah dad. It slips, sorry.” He started picking the broken dishes.

            “You should be careful son. By the way, Sasha called and said she’d be done on her therapy within an hour. I’m going out to pick her up.”

            “Okay dad.” He plainly said making his father sigh.

            “See you later.”

            As he heard the door closes, Kris stops from what he’s doing “Did I just heard her?”

            “Are you in good condition Kris?”