Guilty Pleasure

Human Heart

 

Chapter 12

 

 

 

            The sunlight coming from the little opening of the ruffled curtain bothers the eyes of the young lad lying on the bed. He twitches his eyes, moves his head sideway to avoid the light. Slowly opening his sight, he saw a silhouette.

 

            “Hello! Are you okay?” he heard a feminine voice coming from the said silhouette. He blinks few times making his sight clear. In the side of his bed was a brunette lady with two rounded eyes, smiling at him.

 

            “Who are you?” he asks, as his tired looking eyes stares on her.

 

            He saw a grin forms on the lady’s lips and said “I’m Victoria Song.” With that, Victoria helps the young lad sits on the bed making the blanket slid off his upper body but, the lady doesn’t felt bothered. He looks at her as she walks through a door and came back with gray shirt and jeans on her hands. “Wear these. You’ll need them before going out.” She said and handed the clothes to the half guy. “I’ll be down stairs. See you later.” she placed her lips on his forehead and went outside

 

After staring at the clothes on his hands and roaming his eyes on the luxury room, he removes the blanket off his legs then proceeds to the bathroom. He placed the clothes on the marble top bathroom cabinet and stared at his reflection from the wall-size mirror near the shower room.  He tilted his head as he looks at his panda like eyes, good built body and perfectly toned skin.

 

“Who are you?” he asks the guy in the mirror yet, it’s the same question he saw from its lips. “Where the hell am I?” he asks again yet he doesn’t seem amazed for hearing nothing. So instead, he slides the glass door open and enters the shower room.

 

            “Wow! You look good” the lady he saw a while ago said amaze upon seeing him walk downstairs where she’s standing and waiting for him. “Come. Let’s go out” she reached out her hand on him but the guy didn’t accept it. “Okay. Follow me” she said with a smile still painted on her face and walk ahead. He followed her like what she wanted.

 

            His eyes got widened to see such beautiful scenery. “You like it.” Victoria asks the speechless guy standing behind her. They are near the sea shore which was just few walks away from the house where they came from. “You must have forgotten it but, you love strolling on the beach.” she said making the young lad look at her.

 

            “Who are you exactly? Why am I here? Who am I?” the young lad finally asks. Victoria turns back her stare on the sea where there’s a smooth waves adding on its beauty.

 

            “My Dream Guy…” the man tilted his head with a confuse look on her words. “… that’s the name of the company where you came from.” Victoria turn around and faced the confuse guy seriously. “You’re an android Tao. You were made to love me” she said without any hesitation.

 

            Tao got surprise same time is puzzled. “I’m an Android?” he said with a weak voice and head bowed down. Victoria saw that unusual expression from him so she went to him and wraps the guy on her arms.

 

            “I’m sorry.” she releases him and made him face her. With a smile on her face she said “Six months. If you’re not gonna be happy staying here with me, I’ll set you free. So please…” she held both his hands. Tao saw a fluid forming on her eyes as the girl caresses his hands. “…stay with me for a while. I need you. Please”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

             It’s almost two months ever since Tao agreed on Victoria’s request. For him, it’s not bad being with her coz, he felt all the care and love he think he doesn’t deserve but, she’s willing to give it all.

            It’s Saturday morning and the couple are having a bountiful breakfast at the gazebo near the shore. Victoria was slicing a bread while Tao’s playing his game console with his tongue pointing out, a sign that he’s really into the game. This scene is alright for Victoria since Tao is not really eligible of eating anything.

 

            “Is it good?” she heard Tao asks after she bit her food. Tao paused his game and stared at her lips as she munches the food inside.

 

            After having enough chewing and gulp the food Victoria drinks her orange juice finely and smiled at her curious boyfriend. “It is.” She reassured.

 

            “Can I try it?” her eyes widened. She doesn’t know if Tao can really do that. But, as she saw the begging, cute expression from him, she gives up.

 

            “O..kay. Just a bite I guess.” she torn a piece from her bread and handed it into Tao's mouth. Tao bite it. Victoria watches him closely as he tries to taste the food. “ So… how was it?” she asks.

 

            “Tasteless. How can you enjoy such food? Tsk” Victoria let out a chuckle as she watches her boyfriend continue his game.

 

            Victoria continue her meal when a sudden ring from her phone made her stop and Tao too. “Yobasaeyo?” she asks on the other line. Tao was exchanging his stare at his game to Victoria. “Really… but… okay. I’ll see you then.” she hung up.

 

            “Who is it?” Tao asks as he places the console on top of the table.

 

            “A friend.” Victoria simply said.

 

            “Who’s friend?” Tao asks with a frown.

 

            Vicctoria got amused on his expression “Are you jealous?” she teased.

 

            “No! Why should I? It’s just a friend… right?” Tao asks with a pitiful yet cute face.

 

            “Of course she’s just a friend. Hahaha!” Victoria laughs seeing Tao being jealous. She's happy to see that all her efforts for him to love her has been doing good.

 

            “Tsk! It’s not funny. Why did she call anyway?” he asks sounded really pissed on her teasing.

 

            “Oh! Right. She said, there will be a party for our sorority’s anniversary. Everyone’s expected to come and it means, I have to leave you for a while… but… if you don’t want, I…” she got cut-off.

 

            “No. It’s fine. Besides, I know you miss your friends. Go ahead. Don’t mind me. I’ll be fine. I’ll wait for you.” Tao take her hands and kisses both its back then smiled at her.

 

            “Thank you.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

            It was already 2pm when Victoria arrives at the beautiful mansion where the party was being held. The party doesn’t require the guest to be formal. So, Victoria just wears a black jacket and jeans. As she enters the manor, two men in black suit greeted her and pointed her where her friends are. She bows down and proceeds to her friends.

 

            It was getting louder and louder and crowded too as she gets near the party hall. On her way, something caught her eyes making her bump on someone in front of her. “Oops! Mianhae!” she bows down several times on the lady.

 

         “Well, well, well. Look who’s here?” Victoria freeze upon hearing out that familiar voice but still, she  managed to instantly stood up straight to face the lady she bumped. Of all places, she didn't expect to see her sworn enemy in that day. She's not prepared yet.

 

            “Sam…” she got cut-off when the lady suddenly grabs her on her arm furiously and strangled her with the other arm.

             "Surprise to see me? Huh! !" the lady said as she tightens her grip on the struggling Victoria.

            "Sam... let... me... go" Victoria says in between breath.

 

 

            “You thief! WHERE’S MY BROTHER?! WHERE’S TAO?!” Victoria got shock and frozen on her spot. How did she know about where he is? she asks herself feeling scared that Tao would be gone.