Confusion

Human Heart

Chapter 35

           

            Few months had passed, Everyone went back to their original lives but not for Kris. Although he and Sasha went back to Canada where she said his father lives. And yes, he met the man. Handsome Chinese man and seems too young looking for his actual age. He still can't stop thinking about the girl he left.

            “Spacing out again?” he heard a voice behind him making him face the said man. Kris was currently at the viranda thinking about the last conversation he had with Suho.

            “Hey dad. Not really” he smiled and proceeds inside the room where his father was, placing two cups of teas in the center table.

            “Sasha would be worried if she sees you like that. You know how brat she is when it comes to you.” his father chuckled, sitting down at the couch opposite to where he sat. “You’re still thinking about that lady, aren’t you?” that question made Kris snaps from staring at his tea.

            His father knew about him being an android. Sasha told him about it but not about his memories. Kris told his father everything that Sasha haven’t mention (Especially those about Yram and his human heart) the night after they arrived. His father can’t believe it at first but, being a nice father he is, he promised his son that whatever he knows that his wife doesn’t would remain safely keep.

            “I’m not worried about her safety for I know her siblings are with her. What bothers me is that…”

            “She’d fall in love to someone else.” Seeing the tensed expression from Kris, his father sighed “To tell you honestly my son. Its better you chose to leave. You may not still remember your wife now but still, you’re married to her. It’s the fact that you should consider. Don’t commit the sin I had done. It’s killing me until now.”

            Kris saw how forlorn his father looks. His father also opens up to him about the said sin he committed few years ago. That time, Kris was living in China while his dad was in Paris, working to support his education since his mother died while giving birth to him. His father admitted to him that he had an affair to one of their business partner.

            “But you love her.” Kris said.

            “Yes, but unfortunately… the moment her husband saw us, I suddenly felt guilty and she does too. The way how she reacted when her husband runs outside that room, she didn’t even glanced at me, as if I don’t exists, she rushed to follow her husband. That hits me. I never saw her again after that.” His father pours himself another cup of tea. Kris frowns as he saw his father’s shaking hands holding the cup. So, he held him. “I don’t want to see Sasha ends up like her.” his father’s tears run down his cheeks. Kris held him tight. “She would kill herself if you leave her”

 

            After his talk with his father, Kris went to their backyard where a lake is on the sight. Sasha was out with her bestfriend and will be back the next day. Kris sat down on the bench and stares at the solemn lake in twilight.

           

            “I have your heart”Kris suddenly remembers what Suho has said. It was that night that they all gathered at the latter’s house. Suho and he went in the latter’s study room where no one could bother their small talk.

            “What do you mean?” he asks dumbfounded. The two are sitting in the couch facing each other.

            “When I took mine in Sam’s lab, I saw yours and took it. I witnessed how my sister loves you and it’s bothering me to see her suffer if you leave her. So, I grab your heart and hide it. With that, you won’t be back to your old self or forget my sister. But…” Kris looks at Suho’s serious stare. “My conscience is hitting me. I saw how happy Sasha was when she saw you. I can’t afford to be the reason for an innocent, disabled lady to suffer again from losing the love of her life and most of all, I won’t let my sister be the reason too for being your mistress.”

Kris was speechless. All of what Suho has said to him totally hits him. He neither can’t stand that kind of situation. He doesn’t want any of the ladies be hurt because of him.

            “Please Kris. Take your heart and leave.” Kris got eyes widened. “Think about Sasha. She did everything to find you. She loves you very much, and for sure you’ll remember how you love her too once you put back your heart.”

            “But, I love Yram.”

            “You love her because that’s what Tao’s heart is saying. Its Tao’s heart not yours Kris. Can’t you see? Tao still loves her even though his heart is not with him.” Kris bits his trembling lip. As much as he wanted to oppose, Suho’s right. He looks down on his feet clenching his fist. “My sister is far from being a mistress Kris. You know that. I don’t want her to be like…” Kris frown as he heard the latter’s voice toned down making him not to hear the last words. He looks up and saw the solemn face of the latter. “Please Kris…” His eyes softened as the latter held his hand “set my sister free. I’m sure once we leave, she’ll eventually forget you so, do it too. Leave and never show up to her. Do it if you really love her.

           

            Kris felt a sting in his chest as he recalls that day. He was confused for having that feeling yet, he shrug it off, rubbing his aching chest. “Am I malfunctioning?” he said not realizing that someone had heard him.

            “What?!” he got surprised to see Sasha on his side with a shock and worried looks on him. He stood up and went in front of his wife.

            “Hey, I thought you’re with your friend…” He got cut off as his wife started crying.

            “Don’t tell me you’ll be broken. You’re leaving me?!” her cries got loud. Kris got worried seeing her howling for him. She must had heard him and misunderstand what he said. He knelt down and hugs her.

            “Hey. I’m not broken. I’m not leaving you.” he said, hushing his wife then felt the lady’s arms on his back.

            “Then why did you say you’re malfunctioning? Are you? Do we need to call Sam?”

            “Hey. That’s what you shouldn’t do okay. We don’t need to do that. Nothing’s wrong with me. Okay. Now…” he set space and wipe her tears. “Tell me. Why you went home early?” he asked.

            “I miss you.” he smiled seeing the lady blushed. He kissed her forehead making her redder.

            “I miss you too.” He stood up and went behind her chair. He removes his jacket then placed it on his wife, earning a thank you from her. “Let’s go in. It’s getting cold.”

           

            As he pushes her towards their house, he suddenly remembers what she said to him the last time they’re on Suho’s house.

 

            You traitor. You can’t like her.” Sehun said while shaking Chanyeol. Yram laughs how cute the three kids act.

            Kris smiled on the cute and fun scene, but what makes him smiles more is seeing Yram smiles.

            “Set her free Kris.” It might be low but these words made Kris stares back at his wife who looks at him seriously.

            The couple then excused themselves and went on the backyard. Kris sat on the metal chair beside where his wife is.

            “What do you mean on what you had said back there?” he asked. Sasha looks up in the starry sky.

            “I don’t know what happened to you for the past years and who you were with. Before, I don’t care as long as you’re here with me now. But, something’s bothering me.”

            “What is it then?” Sasha turns her head to face Kris in a straight face.

            “Your look.”

            “My look?” Sasha nods. “What about it?”

            “I saw how you look at her. It’s the same way how you used to look at me.”