Mixed Blood

Human Heart

Chapter 25

 

            “Why do we have to go to Korea?” the teenage Kim Joon Myun asks on the two adults sitting in front of him. At his right side was a lady who looks at him with a puzzled look.

            The two said adult looks at each other, asking themselves just by staring. After few seconds of mentally talking, the adult man nods and both of them looks back at the puzzled teenagers.

            “Well, your mom and I thought that it’s time for both of you to experience my homeland’s culture. It’s kinda unfair for me that you two are only spending your life in luxury in your mom’s favor.” Their Korean father chuckles earning a pout from the lady seated beside him. The two teenagers look at each other then chuckles too as they saw how they parents are acting cutely in front of them.

            “Okay fine.” Their mom says crossing her arms in her front. “I didn’t force you to live here with me.” She said, now darting glares to her husband.

            Joon Myun face-palmed himself as he notice the upcoming quarrel between his parents. Meanwhile, the lady beside him was watching how their father sweet-talking to their mother who got sullen on their father’s previous words. And after exchanging her looks to her parents and her brother she sighed hard and fakes a cough, finally earning their attentions.

            “Now, can we go back to the topic?” she asks. Joon Myun smiled and their parents cleared their throat.

            “Yes. Right” her dad says.

            “As what your father had mentioned, it’s for the best of you so…”before their mother could continue, Yram spoke.

            “Literally, mom’s a German. How come we haven’t been to her homeland? If you want us to experience both of your cultures, we should have been there too, right?” Joon Myun nods contiously, agreeing on his sister’s query, while their parents are both silent. “We even haven’t seen our grandma.” She added.

            Silence wraps the whole room for a few seconds before their father spoke.

            “ Well…  I am the answer.” The siblings looked at each other puzzled then turn attention back to the said man. “Your mom…” he said as he held his wife’s hand, earning a smile from her. “… her family is one of the richest family in Germany. Your grandma was against our relationship back then. But, your mom here loves your dad so much!” the siblings got jaw-drop as they saw their father hugs himself, boasting on the way he tells the story. But, this act earns him a light punch on his chest from his wife. “Ouch!” he cleared his throat then faced them as manly as he can.

            “Tell me he isn’t my dad” Joon Myun whispered to Yram.

            “He is. Like father like son, right?” he glares at her but her smirk is powerful than his so, he just sighed as a defeat.

            “So, to make the story short. I chose your dad. Left Germany with him. And lived here at Paris instead. Further question?” their mother continuously said. The siblings just shake their head and nods. “Good.” She said then drunk her tea.

            “Ow~ you’re so cool.” Their dad said in amusement.

            “Okay. So why do you want us to leave all of a sudden? Obviously, we love here. We’ve been living here from the very beginning of our live. Why?” Yram asks.

            “We have a business in South Korea, and I want you…” their father looks at Joon Myun “… to run that business.”

            “Why do you have to include me?” Yram asks.

            “Because I need YOU” Joon Myun said in wide eyes.

            “Your brother’s right. Your name may not be just like him but still, he’s your brother. At  the end of the day, you two we’re the only one who can help each other. So, I want you two to be together all the time. Do you understand me?” their mother said.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

            “Thank God you’re awake now noona. I’m worried sick for you” Chanyeol said while hugging Yram who’s just staring blankly in her front. Hearing nothing from her, Chanyeol sets space on them and frown as he saw the blank expression from her. “Noona?” as he asks, he got worried as he saw her eyes glowed from the liquid that slowly runs down her face.

            “Joon. Where is he?  Where’s my brother Yeol?” she asks as she finally cried out loud. Chanyeol instantly hugs her again. Just then, he remembers what his brother has told him about Suho. He doesn’t know if it’s the right time for him to tell her what he discovered. He hushes her while rubbing her back to ease her shaking body. He felt her grip tightens in his shirt as she cried and cried on his chest.

______________________________________________________________________________

            As Kai opens up the door he saw Yram finally awake but he got bothered upon seeing her crying in Chanyeol’s arms. He didn’t dare to move from his spot and just watched them.

            “NOONA!” Chanyeol turns his head on the door way and then saw who just shouted. Yram let go from Chanyeol’s arms and faintly smiles as she saw the people standing in the door way. “Noona.” Luhan walks passed Kai and immediately went to Yram. Behind him, Sehun also rushed towards them. Chanyeol stood up from the bed to give way to the siblings who are both crying in joy. As he walks few steps away, his glare is still on Kai who’s staring at Yram.

            “Noona. We miss you.” Luhan said in between tears. Yram wipes the latter’s tears and kisses his forehead. While Sehun was attached on her waist, crying.

            “I’m so happy to see you Luhan” she said while caressing his face. More tears runs down on her cheeks as she remembers what happens to Luhan in the accident. She feels it’s her fault. “I’m so sorry” she said as her other hand held Sehun face. The siblings are puzzled but then, they are happy to see her.

            On the other hand, Chanyeol looks at them while thinking deeply. “Her memories are back.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

           

            Kris carried Sasha and laid her on the large bed. As she’s settled in her comfortable position, he placed a blanket on her, kissed her forehead and sat on the chair beside the bed while holding her hand.

            “Don’t leave me again okay.” She said. Kris felt her hold tightens, indicating that she’s serious on what she said. He smiled and held her with both hands.

            “I promise. I won’t.” he said, kissing her hand. But, something’s still bothering him. YRAM. He wants to see her even for the last time before he leaves the country. Atleast, to say goodbye.

            “Now that you’re here, Baekhyun can now see his friend. He’s so kind to accompany me first at Samantha’s house despite the fact that his bestfriend got rushed in the hospital.” She said while caressing Kris’ cold hands.

            Kris frowns. Friend? Bestfriend? He felt a sting on his chest. Could it be? He tried to erase the possible person he could think of.

            “Friend? Who’s that friend?” he asks, biting his lower lip.

            Sasha stared at the ceiling as she tries to remember the name of Baekhyun’s friend. “Hmm.  Isa… No. Ahm.”

            “Chanyeol, how’s Yram?” her eyes widened as she remembers the moment Baekhyun called his brother when they’re still in Samantha’s house.

            “Right! It’s Yram.” As she mentioned the name, she got stunned when Kris quickly stood up from his seat and with wide eyes. “Hon, are you okay? Do you know her?” just by asking that, Sasha felt hurt. Could it possibly happen?

            “Huh? Ahm. No.” Kris shakes his head. “Rest now okay.” He said as he kisses her forehead. “I’ll be back.”

            “Where are you going?” she asks while holding tightly on his arm.

            Kris looks at her and to her grip on his arm “I’m just going to talk to Baekhyun to thank him and ask him if he needs some help.” Hearing his words, Sasha felt relieved then detached her hand off him.

            “Okay. I hope when I woke up, you’re here.”

            “Of course. I will.” He kissed her again on her forehead then heads out the room. Sasha watched as he vanished from the room. She frowns.

            “You’re mine.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

           

            “Yram. What happened? Oh god. It’s my fault. Oh please, don’t let anything happen to her.” Kris worriedly thought as he walks around Baekhyun’s house looking for him. After walking for god knows how long, he finally spotted a servant. “Excuse me, do you know where Baekhyun is?” he asks.

            “He’s at the garage sir. He’s going to the hospital.” The servant said. Kris said thank you then immediately heads where Baekhyun was.

 

            “Is that so? I’m on my way Chanyeol. Don’t worry. I’ll tell her about that. See you” Baekhyun hungs up and about to enter his car when he heard his name being called out. He frowns as he sees who it was.

            “Wait! Baekhyun.” Kris said.

            “What?” Baekhyun said irritatingly.

            “I’m coming with you.” Kris said earning a frown from the latter.

            “Excuse me.”

            “I know you’re going to Yram. Please let me see her.” Baekhyun smirks and darted Kris a glare.

            “Huh! What the? You already have your wife and now… Jerk!”

            “No. You don’t understand Baekhyun. I know it’s my fault but please, let me just see her even for the last time. I want to clear things up.”

            Baekhyun stared at him for a few seconds, thinking if he’ll let him do what he wants.

            “Not EVEN for the last time. This would be THE LAST time. You understand? You have a wife. I don’t want other people to think that Yram’s the mistress here. She’s not like that.”

            “Yes. Yes. I understand. Either I don’t wish for that to happen to her. So please, just let me see her.” Kris said in begging tone. As much as he hated to do that, he has no choice. He has to bite his pride.

            Without saying a word, Baekhyun enters the driver’s seat and signaled Kris to get in the passenger’s seat.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

            Suho watched Samantha leaves the house with D.O from the top of the tree few meters away from the mansion’s gate. He clutched the handle of the container with Wu Yi Fan’s name engraved on it.

                       

            “You ! I’m going to kill you!!!”

            “Do it ! That’s what you’re good at right?!”    

 

            He remembers that incident where he already saw his beloved sister and it hurts him a lot especially that Yram doesn’t even remember who he was. He knew Samantha mentioned about her bestfriend’s amnesia before, it was nothing for him that time, but now, it’s killing him piece by piece.

 

            “NO! Give me Kris first if you WANT IT!!”

            “You ! Leave! And I swear, I will not give your friend his heart back if you don’t give me Kris! DO YOU UNDERSTAND

            “You will give his heart back but I won’t give Kris to you.”

             

“I will not let you destroy my sister’s happiness Sam. She’ll have Kris no matter what.” he said while gritting his jaw.