Visions

Human Heart

 

Chapter 18

 

            “Hyung what’s happening to you?” Sehun said worriedly. He was kneeling in front of Kris who was seated on the sofa, frozen like a mannequin. No matter how much Sehun shakes him or shout at him, he’s not responding. He’s just there. Staring at no particular. “Come on hyung. Say something.” Sehun begs with tears.

            Just after Kris gone unconscious, his dongsaeng lay him on the couch and few seconds after, he moves and sat up straight. Sehun thought his hyung’s back but he’s wrong. Kris remained on his sitting position since then not moving an inch.

            As Sehun sighed hard, the door opens making him turn his head. He got surprise but then relieves to see who arrives. He smiled and stood up.

            “Luhan” he said smiling at his brother.

            “I came as fast as I could when you told me it’s an emergency. What happen?” Luhan said upon closing the door. He looks at his brother who’s still weeping but didn’t even feel any emotion. He then turns his sight on the guy seated on the couch. “Who is he?”

            Sehun got eyes widened on his brother’s question but then realizes the truth. Of course he doesn’t remember Kris. For sure, Yram too. He grins with tears still rushing down from his cheeks.

            “He’s like me.” Luhan said as he kneels down in front of Kris. He touches his cold hands while examining his face.

            “No he’s not” Luhan look up to Sehun who’s gritting his teeth. Sehun clenches his fists, controlling his anger towards his brother. “He’s not like you”

            “What do you mean?” Luhan stood up and look straight at Sehun. “Obviously he does. He’s an android like me”

            “HE’S NOT!” Luhan got confuse why his owner’s acting strange. He wanted to asks him but he chose to remain silent and just listens to him. Sehun breathes in. “He may be an android like you but at least… he knows me. He knows me unlike you!” Luhan without any change on his usual serious face remains staring at Sehun who cried out more. “Unlike you! Who treats me like your owner.”

            “But you are my owner.”

            “I’M NOT!” This time, Luhan felt stunned, a strange feeling for an android like him who's supposed not to feel anything at all. Ever since he opens up his eyes, he saw how Sehun’s been pushing his self to remember him. No matter how he tries, he can’t. What he only knows was his job. To fill-up the space of Sehun’s lost brother.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “Please, let me explain.”

            “I had enough of you! I won’t let you do what you want”

            I got conscious hearing out voices in my head. I tried to open up my eyes but it seems too tired to do that.

            “This is for your sake. I’m doing this for both of you.” I know that female voice. It’s really familiar.

            “You’re doing this for your sake Sam. I won’t let you use me for your greed. And stay away from Yram”

            Yram? Hearing her name made me open up my eyes but to my surprise, I see my self walking? No. More like rushing on a hallway and down the stairs.

            “Look at me” A hand grabs my arm making me turn around and to my surprise I saw Miss Samantha. “I won’t separate you from Yram. All I want was you to marry her.” Is she talking to me?

            “Miss Sam. It’s me Kris.”

            “I’m going to marry her but not for your sake Sam. I’m not gonna let you take all her property.” Does that come from my lips? This time, my body moves away from Sam’s sight and walk out from the house. I saw my self arrived in a parked red car, open up the compartment, placed some luggage and closed it hardly. Just when I’m about to open up the door of the driver’s seat, Miss Sam turns me around.

            “Tao. I’m sorry.” Tao? He’s talking to Tao? But how did that happen? I’m Kris… Is this Tao’s memory? “Our business is getting bankrupt. If we don’t do anything…”

            “Yram’s not the answer! Do something else other done getting her money!”

            I… I mean Tao went inside his car and drive off. I wonder where we’re heading. As we  head on the road, it’s kinda familiar for me. And at last, after half an hour The car stops in Yram’s Villa. So Tao knew this place.

            He rung the door bell and after just few seconds, the door open revealing the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Her hair may be short but the smile painted on her face makes me flutter.

            “Tao! What are you doing…?” before she could even finish off her question, Tao hugs her tight. Not just I see what Tao can see but I can also feel what he feels. Just like now. Yram's warm breath lingers in me, which I haven’t felt when I’m in my android body. I felt her hands moves at my back and wrap it, giving me security. “What’s wrong?” her worried yet sweet voice made me smile inside.

            Tao separates from her with his hands still attached on her waist. The way she looks at Tao was extra ordinary. It’s full of love.

            Tao’s left hand travels from her arm through her hand and kisses it while staring at her eyes.

            “You only do that when you’re bothered. Tell me. What happened?”

            Tao sighed “Let’s leave.”

            “Leave? Why?” before he could even  answer, Tao paused as he heard someone arrived.

            “Yram. Who is it?” for sure Tao got surprise to see who appeared behind Yram, because I do too.

            “Luhan hyung?”

            ”Oh! I forgot to tell you. Luhan will be staying here with me for a month while Sehun’s away from business trip.”

            Just after few moments, we were now on the lounge. Me seated beside Yram who was busy putting teas on our cups while Luhan was playing with toys from the center table. Toys? How come Luhan’s acting like a child? Is he?

            “About the trip you’re telling me…” Yram begins after placing enough teas. “As you can see, I can’t leave especially that Luhan’s here.”

            “Then, let’s bring him with us.” I don’t understand, what’s wrong with Luhan? Is he sick or  something?

            “Is it okay with you? I mean…” Tao made Yram shut by kissing her. Tsk.

            “I know he’s a family for you. No more words. We will leave tonight.” I saw how Tao’s sweet words made Yram smile.

            “Luhan.” Luhan stops from playing with his train toy upon hearing Yram’s lovely voice. She sat on the floor beside Luhan “We are going to a vacation. Let’s pack your things okay.” She smiled.

            Luhan made a questionable look. As if wondering where we are going. Yram looks at Tao and back to Luhan. “Sehun’s waiting for us” with that, Luhan smiled and begin hopping his way upstairs.

            “We’re gonna see my brother~ We’re gonna see my brother~” Luhan sings.

 

            After we’re settled, Yram checks Luhan who was seated at the back, her seatbelt and Tao too.

            “Ready?” Tao asks.

            “YES!” Luhan shouted in joy making Yram smile and nods.

            Tao started the engine and drive off. It’s been a long ride. Luhan dozed off and Yram who’s holding my... Tao’s right hand was also getting sleepy. The weather has started to change, from starry night it gets colder, gloomy, and the highway’s a bit harder to look at.

            Tao started to feel tired and I’m worried about it. Coz, what he see, I can also see it and it’s not a good sign while driving.

            “HEY TAO! Don’t you dare fall asleep!” Damn it! As if he can hear my thoughts. The road may have less vehicles passing by but, it’s still not safe to drive in this state.

            And just as he turn the wheel on the left, my eyes widened on what’s ahead of us. I heard Yram shouted in fear but, as long as I wanted to moved from my spot and protect her, it’s too late. Our car crash on the blue car in front of us. I felt the impact of that crash. My head hits the steering wheel and the hurtful bounce of my back on my seat.

            I saw everything. How our car flips and flies above the blue car. How Yram hits her head on the window. How Luhan’s seatbelt got loosen making him flew out. And how our car slides sideways before it finally stops upon hitting the road barricade.

            But, something’s bothering me. The driver of the blue car, he was…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “Please. Give me Luhan’s heart. I’m begging you.” Samantha got surprise on Yram's sudden beg. But then, chuckled and raised a brow.

            “You’re begging? Huh!” Sam bowed enough for Yram's line of sight. “Give me Kris. I’ll give what you want.” She said then stood up straight.

            “I… I can’t” Sam frowns. “I’ll give you anything except Kris.” Yram said still on her spot.

            Sam felt she’s about to bursts her anger but breathes in to compose herself. Relax. She told herself.

            “I want Kris.”

            “I can’t.”

            “Kris”

            “No” Yram’s started to tear up and Sam…

            “WHY?!” Sam shouted.

            “Because I love HIM!” Sam got eyes widened. She didn’t expect this kind of answer from her friend. And it drives her nuts. She walks madly towards her table and from it’s cabinet, she took a brown envelope. She walks back to Yram’s front and  tossed the said envelope in her face.

            Yram doesn’t know what's that envelope is all about and just stared at it from the floor.

            “You love him?” Yram looks up to Sam and she got shiver seeing her friend’s glare. “LOOK AT IT!” she picks up the envelope, tore it open and took the papers inside.

            Her eyes widened to see what’s on the papers.

            “The guy you’re protecting… was the same guy who’s responsible for my brother’s death!”