Chosen

Human Heart

 

Chapter 15

 

 

 

            “It’s been a long time since the last time we’ve come here Baek” Chanyeol said as he peaked outside the car’s window fascinated at the sight of the Victorian House as Baekhyun parked their car in front.

 

            “Come on Chanyeol. Stop staring at the house like a puppy” Baekhyun said after going out the car while smiling and shaking his head at the sight of his derp brother.

 

            “Wae! Baek wait up!” Chanyeol shouted upon seeing his brother leaving him. He rushed outside and followed Baekhyun who’s laughing while walking towards the house’s front door. “I can’t believe you made me look like an idiot there. What if Yram saw me like that?” Chanyeol pouted with crossed arms on his chest.

 

            “Don’t worry Yeol, Yram really loves seeing you in that way” Baekhyun presses the buzzer while holding his laughter.

 

            “I hate you.” Chanyeol hit lightly his brother’s arm making Baek laugh more.

 

            As they playfully hitting each other they didn’t come aware that the door's already open and the person behind was looking at them with a question on his face.

 

            “Stop hitting me big girl.” Baekhyun teased and laughs making Chanyeol hits him more.

 

            “I hate you. I’ll tell this to mom” Chanyeol said while continuously hitting his brother.

 

            “Okay little sissy. Stop it” Baekhyun laughs while blocking his brother’s attack.

 

            The two only stops when they heard a fake cough coming from the person who’s been watching their childish act. The two instantly stood straight, fixed their selves and stared at the guy.

 

            “Ayo Wazzup Kris. Long time no see” Chanyeol greeted with an awkward smile.

 

            “Wazzup Chanyeol. Good to see you again.” Kris smiled at his friend. Kris and Chanyeol have been friends although Baekhyun’s not happy about it. Even if he wants to separates his brother from robots he can’t, since he also had a robot friend Luhan so he just let his brother do what he wants.

 

            “Baekhyun.” Upon hearing out his name, Baek stares deadly at Kris who also has the same look like his. “She’s waiting for you upstairs.” Kris said.

 

            “Aren’t you going to join us?” Baekhyun asks.

 

            “No. She said it’s a private thing between the two of you.” Kris answered bitterly.

 

            “Well then, let’s just hang-out for a while Kris” Chanyeol grabs Kris’ “See you later Baek” and drags the stun robot towards the backyard.

 

            As they vanished from his sight, Baekhyun proceeds upstairs. He doesn’t spent a lot of time roaming around for he already knew every corner of the house and just after few minutes, he stops at the study room.

 

            He slowly turns the knob and open the door, there, inside, he saw Yram seated at the sofa placing a drink on glasses in her front.

 

            “Hey!” He greeted awkwardly. Yram smiled and placed the glass pitcher back on the table and stood up.

 

            “Hey!” she said and embraced Baekhyun. “How’s your vacation?” she asks and led the guy on his seat.

 

            “Well, it was good. As usual, Chanyeol’s acting like a little kid around umma and appa.” Baekhyun got a bit surprise to see Yram laughs from his story. He hasn’t seen her laugh like that for the past 2 years. This made him happy yet he’s not feeling good about it for he knew he’s not the main reason for making her like that. “Umma said you should visit them.”

 

            “I would. Maybe next time.” she said with a faint reaction.

 

            “You look so different today.” Baekhyun said seriously making Yram stared at him questionably. “Is it because of him?” Baekhyun asks as he stared outside the veranda where Kris with a bug on his hand was chasing the scared Chanyeol at the garden. Yram looks where he’s staring at and smiled upon seeing the two boys playing outside.

 

            “Yah! KRIS! Stay away from me!!!”Chanyeol shouted as he runs away from Kris who keeps on chasing him around.

 

            “Come on Chanyeol. It’s just a bug. It won’t hurt you” Kris said laughing at Chanyeol as they run around.

 

            With a smile on her face, Yram stares back at her drink. As she swirls it’s content, Baekhyun noticed her expression and he’s not happy with it. He felt, when he stays there and watch her happy like that because of Kris, he’ll be dead. He stood up making Yram dumbfounded.

 

            “I’m glad you’re happy but, if it because of him. I rather not see you.” as he was about to steps towards the door, Yram spoke making him pause from his spot.

 

            “Aren’t you going to ask me how Kris and I got in here?” Baekhyun got eyes widened. Everything sinks in his mind. How come she remembers this place if she has an amnesia? He’s trembling as he slowly looks back on her. She was glaring at him making him feel more tension.

 

            “You… you remember… everything?” he asks shivering on his spot.

 

            “So you know about my amnesia.” Yram frowns as she stood up and walks towards Baekhyun.

 

            “Huh?” 

 

            “I know this place ever since. I’ve been going in here whenever I feel lonely. It’s my happy place” Yram said and stared at Baekhyun.

 

            “Why did you lie to me Baekhyun? Why didn’t you tell me about my past? Why didn’t you tell me about TAO?!!!” Yram asks continuously as she grips Baekhyun on his shoulder. “I trusted… you” Baekhyun felt his knees weakening upon seeing the tears flow down from her cheeks yet he managed to control to stand straight.

 

            “Tao? He’s…” Baekhyun asks astonishingly.

 

            “Dead? Yeah… Before. But now, he’s an android. I met him few days ago.” Baekhyun’s eye widened. “He even lives with us”

 

Yram noticed how shock Baekhyun was on her words “You knew about this, right?” Yram asks as she tightens her grip on Baek’s shoulder. Baekhyun gulps and moves his head on the side.

 

            “Two years ago, Chanyeol and I are at Paris when we heard about the accident.” Baekhyun started. Yram slowly drops her hand off him and waited for his story.

 

 

 

            “Where is she? WHERE IS SHE?!” Baekhyun shouted while gasping for air upon arriving at the hospital. There, he and Chanyeol saw Sehun on the bench in front of a private room. He look miserable with his head bowed down and shaking knees. “Sehun… where is she?!” Baekhyun shouted again on Sehun who seems like not hearing anything around him.

 

            “Hyung.” Chanyeol hold his brother from behind to avoid attacking Sehun.

 

“You’re so lucky hyung.” Sehun said while slowly looking up on his hyungs. Baekhyun and Chanyeol felt bad as they see Sehun’s miserable face. The traces of his tears are still on his cheeks. “You still have your brother.” Sehun breaks down again. Baekhyun’s eyes widened in shock then Chanyeol quickly went towards their maknae and embraced him.

 

_____________________

 

            “Are you freaking out of your mind Samantha?!” Baekhyun shouted at Sam who’s on his front after telling him her plan. The two of them are on her office after Chanyeol decided to send Sehun at his home. “He’s your brother! You even bring Sehun to this ing plan?!”

 

            “It’s for the sake of Yram and Sehun’s happiness Baekhyun. She’ll be devastated if she woke up not seeing Tao on her side and Sehun… you had seen him. He looks awful!” Sam shouted.

 

            “This is against the law Sam. They’re dead! Get over it!” after saying those words, Baekhyun got astonished after tasting the palm of the shock and hurt Samantha on his cheek.

 

            “I can’t believe you’re saying that. They are your friends. I know you don’t like me but please… How could you let those two suffer?” Samantha cries her feelings out. She got really hurt from his words. She knew what she’ll gonna do was a sin but, she’s willing to do that for the sake of her love ones. She howled as she kneels down in front of Baekhyun.

 

            Baekhyun breathes in to control his tears. As her tears starts to echo on his ears, he can’t help himself to feel pity for her. He knelt down and wraps her on his arms.

 

            “Shh…” Sam howled on his chest. Baekhyun rubs her back to calm her down. “Just this time Sam, I’m going to trust you”

 

_______________________

 

            A few weeks after Sam completed the process to bring Tao and Luhan back to life as an android, a terrible news arrived.

 

            “What?! Sam! I can’t believe you” Baekhyun hissed and turned his back from Sam.

 

            “Baekhyun, it’s just for a while. I have to find Tao first but for now, don’t mention him to Yram okay. I already said few details about her past. Don’t mention anything related to Tao and the accident okay.”

 

            Baekhyun heard about Yram’s amnesia. As when he’s about to tell about who she really was, Sam came to his home to tell him about the news that Tao’s body was missing just before she’s about to place back his heart on him. No one knows where he was or who took him. But, the way Sam talks to him, looks like his friend already have an assumption who’s the culprit.

 

            “Please Baekhyun. I’m begging you. Just for the mean time”

 

 

 

            “It was our last talk. She haven’t contacted me and I didn’t bother to do that. Especially that you’re seems okay” Baekhyun said.

 

            “You think I’m okay? Tsk!” Yram turns on her back and walks few steps away from him. She pause then turns around to face him where Baekhyun could see her disappointment and tears. “You don’t know how I’ve been thinking about myself. You don’t know how lonely I am. You don’t know how my dreams about a panda looking guy keeps on entering my mind. You don’t know that I almost got killed for being involved with an android. YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!!!” Yram shouted as she bumps the frames and vases off the side table. “HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! I TRUSTED YOU!!” Yram burst her anger and sadness. She clenches her tightening chest to relax herself a bit.

 

            “You still love him even though you don’t remember him.” Baekhyun said making Yram glares at him.

 

            Little did they know, Kris and Chanyeol were behind the door. When they heard the crashing sound, Kris got bothered making them run as fast as possible inside. And when they’re about to enter, Kris paused and tightened his grip on the knob upon hearing Baekhyun’s statement.

 

             “You still love him even though you don’t remember him.”

 

            “Kris?” Chanyeol said worriedly to his friend who looks so hurt.

 

            “And what is it with you?” Yram asks with a raised brow.

 

            “Honestly, when I heard about your amnesia, I was so happy.” Baekhyun’s tears finally flow down on his cheeks, he tried to wipe it off yet, more tears are flowing. “Even about Tao’s disappearance, it was the happiest day of my life.” Yram frowns “Because… you will be with me”

 

            “Baekhyun” Kris heard Chanyeol’s soft whisper. He turns his head slightly and saw a glimpse of his friend’s worried face. “He loves her ever since we were kids.”

 

            “Everything that Sam told you about your life was a lie. You and she are not friends since childhood. You two just met in highschool. Me…” Baekhyun said as he points on himself “… and Chanyeol… we are you childhood friends. The three of us, with our families are living at Paris before our parents decided to transfer us here to study. This house, it's one of your inheritance from your deceased parents. At school… you met Tao. Samantha knew how rich you are that’s why she likes you to be with her brother. Money… that’s all what she needs from you!”  Baekhyun burst out. “I knew about this but I shut my mouth because I know how you and Tao love each other. Sam was the only problem here.” Yram’s eyes widened and speechless. Baekhyun smiled awkwardly as he brushed off his hair behind with his fingers. “I’ve been with you ever since. Why can’t you love me?”

 

            Kris’ had heard enough. He rushed in making Yram and Baekhyun dumbfounded. He wraps Yram on his arms while glaring at Baekhyun.

 

            “Kris?” Yram tries to look up on him but since her face was on his chest she just stared at Baekhyun who looks pissed on Kris’ sudden appearance.

 

            “Chanyeol, you two can leave now. I believe this conversation is over.” Kris said seriously at Chanyeol who was behind Baekhyun.

 

            “It’s nice seeing you Yram. Let’s go hyung” Chanyeol  held his brother on his arm and tried to drag him out but, Baekhyun brush off his arm out from his brother with a steady glare at Kris.

 

            “Enjoy your company together coz eventually, it will not last long.” Baekhyun said to Yram and Kris. “I won’t tell Sam where you two are but, knowing her, sooner or later, she will find out. And I hope…” he looks at Yram “… you can take the pain of losing someone.” then looks at Kris. Baekhyun turn on his back and walks towards the door. Chanyeol bowed down several times then followed his brother outside.

 

            As the two vanished from their sight, Kris loosens his embrace and stared down on Yram’s face. “Are you okay?” he asks worriedly while soothing her cheeks. Yram touches his hands and grip it as if she’s afraid of loosing him.

 

            “I’m sorry. What Baekhyun said about Tao was all over.” she looks up on him “I already told Tao about it.”

 

            “Is that the reason why he’s not here?” Kris asks.

 

            “Yes!” she smiled and cupped Kris’ face “I choose you”