Legal Wife

Human Heart

Chapter 20

 

            “I’m Sasha Jean. It’s finally nice meeting you Baekhyun oppa. Chanyeol has been telling stories about you.” the girl in the wheel chair said as she bowed down and smiled at me.

            After hearing out Chanyeol regarding the poster, I ask him if he could bring Sasha here, and here she is now. We were at the lounge. I’m seating in front where she and Chanyeol were seated. She has a long, wavy, brunette hair and she’s indeed beautiful. But, I can’t help myself stares at her disabled legs.

            “My legs got paralyzed ever since my husband and I got into an accident 2 years ago” she said with a faint smile while rubbing both her legs.

            “Husband?” I frowned hearing that word. She looks up at me then showed her left hand with a wedding ring.

            “Wu Fan, the guy in the poster that Chanyeol showed you. He’s my other half.” Her voice got sounds bother so my brother instantly held her hand to comfort her.

            “Sorry.” She smiled and I return the same expression. “As what I had said to Chanyeol, I’ll help you but, can you tell me what happen after the accident.” She sighed, held my brother’s hands then look up at me.

 

            Beep. Beep. Beep.

            What is that sound? I feel my eyes are both shut and as I tried to open them up, it took me a while before I do so. As I finally had them open, I saw white thing above me. Where am I? Am I dead? My eyes are really tired and heavy. As I’m about to shut them back, a flashback of our car hits my memory. The crash and… and…      

            “WU FAN!!!”my heart beats faster, afraid on what happens on my love one. As I turn my head on my side, a nurse was there telling me to stay calm. But, what the heck? How can I do that when I can’t see where Wu Fan was. I turn my head side by side but he’s not there. I tried to sit but…

            “Ms. Jean please calm down.” The nurse said as I paused and stared at my legs.

            “I…I…. My legs.” Then my tears finally rolled down my cheeks.” I removed my blanket off  then watch closely at my legs as I tried to move them but, no movements. “My… what happen? WHAT HAPPEN TO MY LEGS!!!” I furiously shouted at the nurse as I grab her on her collar.

 

            After taking me few moments to calm down, I had finally settled at my bed  staring at my numb legs and thinking on what could possibly happen to my husband. I breathe in as held my wedding ring with tears on my eyes.

            “Ms. Jean, we really did everything to make you feel like before but the accident damage a part of your spine resulting for your legs to be….” I cut him off.

            “Where’s my husband?” I said.

            “Excuse me?” I looked at him with furrowed brows.

            “My husband. Where is he?!”

            “But Ms. Jean, you were brought here alone. I didn’t…”

            “WHAT!!!”

 

            “I had talk to the police but none of them had given me the answer I’m looking for. They are all saying that I’m alone, but I knew I was with my husband that time.” she narrated as she sobs. “I even asked my parents for their help but, they didn’t bother to do anything. They are really against our relationship that’s why they’re acting like that. So, as I finally left the hospital, a good friend of my mine took care of me and been helping me out to find my husband. Actually, that house next to yours is theirs, I’m just staying there for a while until I found Wu Fan, then we will go back to Canada where his family was.” she said with a smile making my brother smile too.

            “My brother seems to like you… a lot” I said to change the atmosphere.

            “Wae~” Chanyeol blushed making Sasha chuckle. Good. Atleast she’s okay.

            “Back to the topic.” I said seriously. “I’ll help you see him again.” Her eyes widened in happiness, but Chanyeol seems to be in shock. Sorry bro. I need to make everything back to normal. For sure, Sam was the one who took Sasha’s husband. That .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           

            After that intense fight with Sam, here I am, being drag outside by Kai. But, I don’t wanna go yet, not yet. I still need Luhan’s heart.

            “Wait. Wait!” I yelled as I grab my hand back. Both of us stop in front of a yellow car. Kai looks at me, questionably. “I need to go back. Luhan… his heart.. I need.” I don’t wanna explain again so I just turned around but before I could even step away, I felt Kai’s grip on my wrist making me face him. “Please…” I annoyingly said.

            “You don’t have to” he said smiling. I tilted my head in confusion and as I’m about to ask him, he open up the passenger seat and led me inside. He then went inside and sat on the driver’s seat.

            “Kai…” once again he stopped me.

            “Look behind” With furrowed brows I stared at him for a couple of seconds then do what he pleased. My eyes saw a metallic square container placed on the back seat. “It’s your friend's heart. I took it secretly before Tao and I plan to escape from this place. The moment I saw that thing from one of Sam's minions, I knew there’s something odd about that container, so I secretly went inside the lab then I saw ‘Luhan’ noted on it” He said with a smile on his face then he drove off.

            I sighed in relief and lean on my seat, knowing that, everything’s going to be fine now. As we’re on the highway, I’m happy that I have Luhan’s heart without giving Kris to Samantha like what she wanted. Plus… I look at my side and saw Kai has this smile pasted on his face. An addition to my family. Geez! I wanna go home and be with Kris now.

            Without knowing it, my eyes shuts down due to tiredness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            As Kris hyung dashed out, I was left here with Luhan. I sat on the sofa thinking about what he said.

            “I’m sorry Sehun. It was all my fault.”

            “Everything that happened, it was all my fault. I killed Tao, Luhan, and Yram’s loss memory, it was my fault!”

             “You knew who am I did you?”

            I chuckled as my tears runs down my cheeks. “I lied hyung.” I felt someone seated on my side and felt his cold arm around my shoulder. I looked at him with tears and a forced smile. “I knew all along who Kris was but…” I wiped my tears off with my arm but they just keeps on coming. “…I shut my mouth for your sake.” My brother Luhan was really confuse so I just moved my stare off from him and back to my knees “You wouldn’t understand.” I folded my knees on my chest then hug them. “You’re not my brother that I used to know.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            “Noona. Noona wake up.” I twitched my eyes upon hearing a familiar voice and as I open them up, I saw Sehun tearing up with a smile.

            “Sehun.”  He helped me seat up on the bed. Wait? So we’re back. Gosh! Now, I remember. I fell asleep on the way home.

            “Noona. Look.” I look at Sehun who seems to be so delighted and pointing something on his back. Curious, I look where he’s looking at and my smile automatically as I saw my dear friend Luhan smiling widely at me then runs on my spot.

            “Noona. I’m back. Thank you.” he said as he held me tight and Sehun mimics him. Both of them are squishing me but that’s fine. I’m glad Luhan’s memory’s finally back.

             As they both set me free, Sehun sat beside me, embracing my right arm and head leaning on my shoulder, as if he’s really afraid of losing me. On the other hand, Luhan sat in front of Sehun holding both my hands.

            “Let’s leave this place noona. Let’s go to a place where Sam can’t touch any one of us anymore.” Luhan said, and obviously, he’s afraid. I look at Sehun and he too has the same look as he nods on what his brother suggested. I smiled at them nodding.

            “We will. The five of us will leave. You…” I held Luhan’s hand gently. “Sehun” he smiled as he leans back his head on my shoulder. “Kai” As I said that, I finally notice Kai who was standing all along at the doorway with a smile. “… and Kris” come to think of it, where is he? I looked around my room but he’s not anywhere. Then, I felt Luhan removes his hands off me and Sehun leans off from me too. I suddenly felt bothered as I saw how the siblings change their expressions, from happy to, I don’t know… devastated? As I start to feel nervous, I look at Kai but, he too has the same expression. All three of them were invading my questionable stare.

            With all the courage, I finally ask “Where’s Kris?” There was a long silent but then, before I could ask the same question again, Sehun burst out crying.

            “I’m sorry noona. I’m sorry” he said crying out loud.

            “What are you talking about Sehun? What happened to Kris?” but he didn’t answer, instead he cried a loud more making me tear up and at the same time pissed off. “I’M ASKING YOU. WHERE IS HE?!” I shouted as I grab his shoulders.

            “Noona calm down” Luhan said as he tried to separate me from his brother.

            As I watch Sehun cry like a child, I came to my senses that shouting at him would just make the situation worse, so, I breathe in then ask him the same question again. This time Sehun answered but, what he said doesn’t please me.

             “He left. He went to Samantha to give her what she wanted.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you.” Suho said as he brush some strands of my hair off my face. We are both lying on our bed, staring at each other. I don’t know how long we stayed like this, but I don’t care. As long as he’s with me, I’m fine.

            “Shh. Don’t say that. You came just in time.” I said as I cupped his face.

            “But you got hurt. Look at you” he said referring on the scratches I got from my catfight. Seeing him worry makes my heart flutter and giggle.

            “Don’t worry, they are just scratches. I wouldn’t die from it.” I chuckle but he’s not impressed so I stop. I forgot how sensitive he was just hearing the word death or any related on it coz… he is originally… dead.

            I love Suho ever since the day we met but, a tragic incident took his life. He was at the bank that time when burglars arrived. Witnesses said that he was trying to save a lady who was being molested by one of the suspects, but apparently, he got shot on his head.

            When I learned about this, I got distressed. I didn’t showed up at Yram for a long time. She doesn’t even know anything about Suho. Well, she doesn’t have to know. For a long time of being loss, I did everything I know to revive him and at last, I succeeded. With a catch of course, I removed his heart and everything related to his past life. I changed his memory. Suho is mine and mine alone. No one will have him aside from me.

            I’m almost falling asleep when we both heard a knock. Suho kissed me on my forehead then he goes to the door. I watched him as he talks on the person from the other side. Then he closes the door and sat on the bed.

            “What is it?” I asked as I notice him thinking if he’ll tell something on me or not.

            “Kris is here.”