Unexpected Enemies

Human Heart

Chapter 37

 

            “How are you these days my dear?” Kai smiled at his elegant grandmother. They are currently walking around the garden. The elegant lady’s right arm is around Kai’s left arm while the other one is on her red crutch. It was Sunday morning. The flowers around are swaying gracefully that made Kai and his grandmother feel serene.

            “I’m doing great Oma.” Kai smiled. He really loves how the Germans calls their grandmothers for its sounds like mother in his mother-tongue. He felt so honored having a grandmother and at the same time a mother, that’s why, he usually stays with her in his day-off than going out with Yram who’s currently spending her free time with Jamie. Kai felt his grandmother’s grip tighten on his arm, she maybe having a hard time walking so he slowed down and held her hand on his arm.

            She smiled yet frowns, staring at his hand as they paused in front of the grand fountain with three angel statues on it.

            Kai got confused as why she stares at him worriedly.

            “Oma?”

            “My dear. Are you really okay?”

            “Why Oma?” he asks, this time he’s the one most worried.

            “You’re so cold.” Kai shuts his eyes then smiled. He forgot to wear his gloves like the usual he does when he’s with his grandmother. She’s not really aware that he and Suho are androids afraid that she might freak out when she hears the truth.

            “It’s because of the cold wind Oma. Don’t worry about it.” He said.

            “Maybe we should go back inside then.” Kai smiled and breathe in relief that his grandma let the issue pass. But as they turn around, they paused upon seeing a brunette lady approaching them.

            “Guten Morgen (Good Morning) Oma, Kai” the lady said with a smile. But for Kai, that smile is totally fake. The lady’s smokey eyes also added on her bratty and y aura. She kissed the old lady on her cheek then Kai.

            “How’s your vacation Lauren?” Kai asks making the lady grin at him.

            “It’s not a vacation my dear cousin. It’s a family matter. Right Oma?” her bitter smile is so obvious to Kai. Even her glares. But Kai just hold himself from laughing.

            “Good you’re back Lauren. Where’s Conrad?” their grandmother asks.

            “He just went somewhere but he’ll be here before dinner Oma.” She said as she held her grandmother’s other arm. “Let’s go in.” she smiled. “I’ll take her in Kai.” Before Kai could protest, Lauren removes his arm off their grandmother. “Let’s go Oma.”

            “I’ll come in later Oma.” Kai smiled.

            “Don’t stay long out here. You might get sick.”

            “Okay.” As the two ladies started walking, Kai saw how Lauren turns her head on him and got Goosebumps seeing how she smirks at him. “Another crazy person to deal with.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 “Congratulations.”

            Joon Myeon smiled as he raised his glass to have a toast with the old gentleman sitting in his front seat then gulps their whiskies afterwards.

            “It’s been a tough month for you isn’t it Joon?”

            The young lad placed his empty glass on the table “It is Uncle Chan Byeol but, with your guidance, we made it. I can finally get to see my sister again.” He smiled.

            “Right. Yram. It’s been a long time since the last time I saw her. You should bring her next time.”

            “Definitely.”

            The truth about being dead has been reversed. Joon Myeon asks Baekhyun to come up with a lie that Samantha just made a show to appear that he died to have him for herself. Thank God Baekhyun’s parents believe them. It’s the same lie he said to his dear grandmother.

            As soon as Chan Byeol placed his drink on the table, Joon Myeon sensed something from the gentleman. Yet, before he could ask what’s bothering his uncle, the man spoken.

            “Your father. Before we parted, we did promises. And now, I’m fulfilling mine.” Suho stares at his uncle dumbfounded as the latter signaled his male secretary that eventually approaches him and hand-over a folder. “I’m so sorry it took me this long to hand this over. I should be giving this to Tae Ho but, as we both know…” he sighed. Unable to proceed. He still wonders where his dear friend is. “Anyway, take this.” Suho, although confused took the folder. As he opens the said thing, he frowns to see a stranger’s profile. He looks up to his uncle. Mentally asking who it is.  “That’s the guy who ruined your family. The reason for your father’s misery. Your mother’s lover.” Anger is obvious to Chan Byeol as he said that information.  Suho’s eyes widened as he stares at the picture included in the file. His hands started to tremble because of fury not realizing that he’s crumpling the file. At last, he finally know the person who ruined their father’s life.

            “You. It’s you.” he said, talking to the picture.

            “I know where he is.” Suho looks up to his uncle. Chan Byeol could see the eagerness on Suho’s eyes.

            “Where? WHERE IS HE?!” Suho yelled loudly that the veins on his neck shows.

            “Calm down my child.” Chan Byeol said astonished.

            “How can I calm down uncle? This guy. THIS GUY RUINED OUR LIFE!!” Suho said continuously as he rose up due to anger and while pointing on the file. He breathes hard while staring at his calm uncle. “I swear, I’ll kill him.” Chan Byeol stood up from his seat and accompanies Suho back to his seat again.

            “Patience my child. Patience.” Chan Byeol said, tapping Suho on his shoulder.

            “But uncle… “Suho protested but got cut by the latter.

            “We will take our vengeance but we have to plan it out. We will make him taste the outcome of his own sin. I will help you, for Tae Ho’s sake.” Suho calms down a bit but still, his resentment is still enable in his eyes.

            “What we will do?”

            Chan Byeol leans on his couch, crossing his legs with a smirk “I heard his one and only son has finally comes back upon missing for two years. We could start on the kid.”

            “Kid?” Suho asks. Chan Byeol told him to see the next profile from the folder and he did so. But, he felt his heart shrunk as he saw who the son was.

            “Wu.Yi.Fan?”

            “Why? Do you know him?”

            “Ah… No.”

           

 

            ing …. Kris?