Dreams do come true. Are you sure?

Human Heart

Chapter 39

 

            “Ready?” Yram got tensed upon hearing Jamie’s voice across the room where she was waiting patiently for this day’s event to start. Feeling nervous and excited made her grip on her bouquet. “You look stunning my friend.” The latter added to Yram who was sitting on the white couch holding her on her shoulders.

            “I do?” Yram breathes in to ease her nervousness. Jamie nods, smiling ear to ear.

            “I’m so happy for you.” Jamie says embracing her yet, careful not to ruin the latter’s beautiful white gown. “Finally, after all you’ve been through you’re going to walk on the aisle and be married~” she squealed making Yram chuckle.

            Seeing herself wearing her dream wedding gown makes Yram’s stomach tighten in happiness. It’s the moment she’s been waiting for.

 

           

            Everyone is all settled on their spots inside the church. Some are chatting to each other while the others are anxiously waiting for the bride to arrive.

            After few minutes of waiting, the bride finally arrives, standing behind the church’s two-way door. Yram breathes in as she gave her bouquet a little squish. As the door finally opens up she took her steps slowly inside. The song A Thousand Years started playing making her feels more emotional. As she walks she takes time to look at everyone who is present in this memorable event of her life. Everyone is wearing white. On the crowd from the right side there’s Chanyeol who’s grinning as usual and beside him are Sehun & Luhan who are both smiling at her, on the left side Kai who is standing beside their grandmother who is teary eyes while watching her walks on the aisle together with Myungsoo, her cousins Lauren and Conrad are also there whom she’s not actually expecting to be present but still she’s thankful, besides they are still her family, and of course his brother Joon Myeon who’s walking with her along the aisle. But, as she tries to look for her husband-to-be who’s just standing few steps away from her, she can’t clearly see since the guy is facing his back on her. However, she can still recognize who it was. His broad shoulder and blond hair made her smile. Kris. Their steps are really slow making her think that it will take them years with their slow phasing before she could be with Kris again. But she tried to shrug that thought off coz, in just few steps she and the man she loves will finally be together.

But, one familiar absence made her feel a bit lonely. She didn’t saw Baekhyun. She just sighed and continues to walk.

 

            “I still can’t believe this is happening Joon.” She said holding tightly on her brother’s arm. Hearing nothing from his brother made her stare at him. She frowns as she noticed him wearing all black and looks serious. “Joon? Are you o…” she got cut-off when suddenly she heard a loud bang from the piano. They stops from walking then she looks at the front which she hoped she haven’t. She started to feel scared as the surroundings turns to dim. The people around her gave her a blank expression which made her feel terrified. She tries to grab her brother’s arm again for comfort but got puzzled to see him nowhere near her. “JOON?!” she shouted in panic as she looks around, searching for him but all she sees were dead stares. She wants to run out but the huge door is lock. So instead, she runs towards the aisle carrying her heavy gown, hoping to see the guy she was about to get married. But, as soon as she gets near, she instantly stops, almost tripping on the ground. Her eyes widened in fear to see a coffin in front. Her knees started to weaken, not able to utter a single word due to shock.

            “Excuse me. Do I know you?” she heard behind her. As she turns around…

            “Sa… Sasha?” she said upon seeing the girl on the wheelchair who’s looking at her blankly.

            “Are you here for my husband?”

            “Wha… What?”

            “Yi Fan.” Yram got goosebumps as Sasha pointed on the coffin. She looks at the coffin with tears started to stream down her cheeks.

“Kr… Kris”

“You. You’re his mistress aren’t you?” Yram froze. She looks back at Sasha but got terrified seeing the latter’s daunting expression. “HOW DARE YOU BE HERE?!”

“No… please…” Yram pleaded when Sasha grabs her on the neck.

“DIE!” Yram can feel her breathings slowly loosing.

“KRIS!!!”

 

            Yram woke up from her bad dream with sweat and catching her breathes. The dream was so real-like and yet she’s glad it isn’t. She’s been having a nightmare for the past few nights but this time, its worse.

            “Yram. Are you alright?” she blinks for a few times to clearly see the silhouette that’s approaching her from the dark room. As she sees who it was, she felt relieve yet, remembering her nightmare made her feel scared and tear up. She then felt arms surrounding her and soft voice hushing her.

            “I can’t take it anymore Kai. I feel like I’m dying every second. “

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           

            Jamie just sighed hearing nothing from Yram whom she’s been asking if the latter is alright. Since the latter arrived at their boutique, Jamie noticed that something’s bothering her friend. She looks restless and her eyes look fresh from crying all night. She was about to asks her what happened but the latter went straight on her office and since then, didn’t utter a single word. She offered to take her to the hospital but she just shook her head. She even told her that she’ll call Kai to pick her up but the latter refused.

            “Call me if you need anything” she said in the end but Yram just nod then went back on spacing out again. She felt bad for seeing her friend like that and not able to help her.

            As she closes the door and about to went back on her desk while looking on the ground, she stops on her tracks upon seeing a pair of polished leather shoes on the floor in her front. Her brow rose. She slowly looks up but then got astonished to see who’s the handsome guy standing in front and smiling at her.

            “Surprised?”

            “Oh my god!!!” she shouted in joy then gave the guy a huge hug. “I can’t believe you’re here. How did you find us?” she asks as she sets space between them yet, still holding on his shoulders.

            “Well, Miranda’s a big name. It’s impossible not to know where every members of the family’s working, right?” the guy smiled giving Jamie another hug. “I missed you Jamie.”

            Jamie smiled “I missed you too Tao. I’m so happy you’re here.” but Tao noticed the worried expression from the girl.

            “Tell me. What’s making you so down? Did something happen?”

            Jamie looks behind her and stares at the closed door of Yram’s office. Tao did the same thing but not really knowing what’s behind the door.

            “Please. I tried my best to talk to her. Maybe you can make her cheer up.” Tao felt anxious because behind those door is the reason why he travels half the world.

            “She’s here now?” Jamie nods. Tao smiled then started walking slowly towards the door. As he held the knob he took a deep breathe. “She’s here” he said to himself then turns the knob.

            I will never forget how she shines upon seeing me