Maybe A Friend?

Believe In Me

"Is that really what was going on? I thought she was the one beating you up, not you beating her up." Oguri Shun said.

"Uh.. Well... Uh..." Sakura began stuttering.

"Don't and I mean don't even think that just because yesterday happened means that you can touch her easily." Mao looked at Oguri Shun suprisingly when she heard those words. 'Why is he saying those words.' She thought. Then Mao entered the classroom and pulled onto Oguri Shun's collar.

"Hey, what do you want know?" Oguri Shun asked surprisingly.

"Who told you to speak up for me? I never asked you to."

"That's why you should say arigatou."

"But I never asked you to defend me. And what was with those words 'because yesterday happened means that you can touch her easily'?"

"Oh that, your dad wrote it down on my hand yesterday before I left. It seems permanent, so I just used it on Sakura."

"Nanee? You were using words on your hand to confront Sakura?" Oguri Shun nodded and showed Mao the words on his hand,

"Don't and I mean don't even think that just because yesterday happened means that you can touch her easily."

'Are you for real? Dad? Really? You had to write this.' Mao thought annoyingly. Then she went and sat down in her desk. Then Hayato sensei came in that classroom and began class. The whole day was the same. Every class was beginning to get boring to Mao and she just started school. But those words that her father wrote down what were they suppose to mean? During lunch, Sherry came and ate with Mao again. It seems that Sherry was kind of like a new friend to Mao and IS the only one talking to her not including Oguri Shun. Then Oguri Shun sat down next to Mao. Mao looked up.

"What are you doing here? You never eat in school." Mao asked him.

"Yeah, but I was beginning to wonder if the foods here are really that good." He looked over ar Sherry who had stopped eating and began drooling over Oguri Shun. 'Whatever weirdo.' Mao thought and began eating again. After school was done, Oguri Shun picked Mao up.

"Hop on." Oguri Shun said smiling. Mao tried to but then Oguri Shun moved the bike forward, causing Mao to plop onto the ground.

"Ouch! Hey, you!" Oguri Shun started busting out laughing. Fustrated Mao stood up. When Mao was about to go home by foot, Oguri Shun again stopped in front of her.

"Come on. It was only a joke. Get on. I promise this time I won't do it." Not knowing if she should trust Oguri Shun, she decided to ride again. This time, Oguri Shun did as he had said. He grabbed Mao's bag and putted it in the basket with his. Then off they went. On the way home, Mao noticed the new park entrance.

"Hey Snob-san, over there. Can we go into that park over there?" Oguri Shun looked at the way that Mao was pointing.

"Uh... I think so. Peoples going in, you want to go?" Moa nodded her head. So instead of going home, Mao and Oguri Shun went to the park. Mao was sitting on the bench when Oguri Shun was getting ice cream. Then came a bunch of guys.

"Hey there pretty girl. Are you here alone?" One of them asked.

"Leave me alone." Mao said disgustingly.

"Why are you pouting? Want to hang out with us?"

"I'm not pouting and I'd rather have my legs broken than hang out with you jerks."

"Ooh, fiesty. I like it." He said giving me a smirk.

"Hey Yashiro Shingo. I don't think you should like that." someone out of the group said. 'That was snob-san's voice.' Mao thought and she looked up. There stood Oguri Shun with two ice creams in his hands. Then the whole gang surrounded Oguri Shun. Mao stared as Oguri Shun as surrounded because she didn't know what to do.

"Nanee? You're hot headed again? Well here have some ice cream. It should cool you down." Oguri Shun said and shoved the ice cream right onto Yashiro Shingo's face. Yashiro Shingo fell back.

"You..You punk!" He yelled. Oguri Shun ran out of the group and grabbed Mao's hands. They ran towards the lake. But Yashiro's gang was able to keep up. Mao and Oguri Shun ran out of the park and ended up at a dead end near and alley. There, Oguri Shun told Mao to hide in behind the dumpster. At first Mao refused, but she had to. So she did. Oguri Shun was out there and wasnt hiding. 'What does that guy thinks he's doing?' Mao thought. Mao had to keep quiet because the gang was approaching with Yashiro.

"Well it seems that pretty girl left you alone to fight. In this world, when a girl does that, it means that the girl has no interest in you."

"Urusai! It's none of your business!" Oguri Shun said and lunged at Yashiro. Yashiro who has slow reflexes, was hit on the face and fell back. His teammates stared at his bleeding nose.

"What do you think you're doing? After him!" Yashiro ordered. Oguri Shun knew that he had to lead them away from Mao. So Oguri Shun ran out of the alley as fast as he could and went in a different direction. Mao stayed behind, when she heard nothing, she decided to go out and check. But then she saw Yashiro's face, she leaned back against the dumpster; 'Oh my god, what am I going to do?' Luckily, one of Yashiro's gang members came and got him.

"We got him! Near the car repair shop!" Yashiro ran after the other guy. Hearing this, Mao knew that Oguri Shun was in trouble.

"Oh no, snob-san." Mao said quietly. After she made sure that Yashiro left, Mao decided to go to the repair shop. When she got there, Oguri Shun was surrounded by at least 10 men and couldn't move. He was holding onto his stomach as though they blasted his guts out.

"Not so tough now eh Oguurrriii Shuuun!" Yashiro mocked. Oguri Shun sat there not saying a word. Then he saw Mao, Mao saw his eye contact and Mao mouthed 'I'll-distract-him-while-you-run!-Meet-me-at-the-park-in-10-minutes!' but Oguri Shun mouthed back 'No!-Don't-do-it!" Mao knew she had to do something or else Oguri Shun would be killed. Mao searched for something to throw but found nothing. Then she saw that Yashiro's gang took all the supplies and was getting ready to hit Oguri Shun when Mao ran up and kicked Yashiro from the behind. Yashiro fell forward, almost landing on Oguri Shun.

"Why you b*tch! What do you think you're doing?" Yashiro yelled at Mao.

"Um.. What does it look like I'm doing, I'm kicking-your-a**!" Mao said teasingly. Yashiro became angry and ordered his gang members to get Mao. But Mao had quick reflexes unlike Yashiro. She dodged all the hits and kicks and was able to lung a few hits and kicks herself. Everyone in the gang fell back and scattered when Mao walked towards them.

"Leave him alone!" Mao's eyes were blank again. Yashiro, knowing that he was scared, pretending to be all mighty and tried to hit Mao with a wrench, but Mao dodged it by ducking down, spun around, and had her fist hit Yashiro in the guts. Yashiro fell back a 4th time. Yashiro clenched his stomach and started to groan. Mao stood up and went towards Oguri Shun. Oguri Shun had fainted because of the beat up. Mao helped him up to the park, they were at the river bank when Oguri Shun woke up. He saw Mao wiping his busted lips.

"Ouch." Oguri Shun groaned when Mao pressed a little pressure on it.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Are you okay?" Mao asked. Oguri Shun tried to get up but wasn't able to. He groaned again when he stood up. Mao helped him sit up.

"What happened? Where's Yashiro and his group?" Oguri Shun asked.

"Oh um.. yeah.. about that... When I found you, they were already gone and you fainted. So I decided to bring you here."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah." When Mao noticed that she still had the rag in her hands, she handed it to Oguri Shun. But instead of taking the rag, Oguri Shun held onto Mao's hands and made her hand wipe his busted lips. Mao blushed, because she was embarressed, she putted a little more pressure on the rag and it cause Oguri Shun pain.

"Ow, hey." Oguri Shun complained.

"You deserved it." Mao said teasingly. Then she gave Oguri Shun the rag. "Let's go home. It's late. My parents are probably worried." Oguri Shun nodded and Mao helped him up. Oguri Shun took his bike and walked ahead of Mao. Mao went behind him and looked at his silhouette figure. 'Maybe calling him senpai is a good idea. He's really helpful sometimes and a joker other times. But I think I can put up with it.' Mao smiled. In Oguri Shun's thoughts, 'She's kind of cute whenever she blushes. How was I not able to detect this from her earlier.' Oguri Shun smiled. But 2 things that they didn't notice was one: they were falling for each other little by little and two: someone was watching their every move. Then from behind the bushes, a voice said,

"Grandfather, we found them."

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Stay tuned for the next chapter... Oguri Shun and Mao will start to have even more feelings toward wach other. Comment!