Taken

Believe In Me

The next day when Yuko and Ikki came to visit, Mao was already up and talking with everyone.

"Mao." Yuko said cheerfully.

"Yuko-san." Mao said smiling.

"How are you?" Yuko asked coming to her side as Tsuyoshi moved to give them space.

"Hai. Genki desu." Mao said smiling.

"That's good." Yuko said. "Ano.. Mao listen. Would it be ok if you were to come live with me for a bit?"

"Huh?" Mao asked.

"Since you already know that I am your birth mother, why don't you come to live with me for a bit. I already asked your parents, and they said ok." Yuko said.

"Okaa-san and Otou-san agreed?" Mao asked. Yuko nodded.

"It'll just be for a couple of months. Just until you're fully healed." Yuko said.

"But what about my parents?" Mao asked.

"They said they'll stay behind and wait for your arrival." Ikki said sitting down.

"And Erika?" Mao asked.

"She's going also. We just don't want anything dangerous to happen to you two again. That's just it." Ikki said. Mao thought for a moment then nodded.

"If it's for a couple of months then I guess it won't hurt." Mao said. Yuko gave a slight smile.

A couple of days after that, Mao, Ikki, and Yuko arrived at Shun's place. The servant opened the door and they entered the room. Shun's mother came out and when she saw them, she scoffed.

"Why are you people here?" She asked. Ikki, Mao, and Yuko stood up to greet her.

"We came to get Erika's stuff. We want to take her out for a while until she gets well." Yuko said.

"Erika? Now you want to take Erika away? Listen here you annoying people, Erika is going nowhere. She'll stay in tokyo until she gets well and until the day that she and Shun gets married. Yuko and Ikki turned to look at Mao who didn't dare to look at anyone. Shun's mother smiled and walked down the stairs. "I see, don't tell me, you're coming here to propose a wedding between my son and that low life girl." Hearing low life, Yuko stepped up.

"Mao go to the car." Yuko said.

"Demo..." Mao almost protested.

"Go to the car." Yuko said in a fierce tone. Mao nodded and headed out. After hearing the door shut from the car, Yuko looked at Shun's mother. "It seems you just called my daughter a low life."

"Your daughter? Isn't she the daughter of those..." Shun mother tried to mock.

"Those people are my people. Insulting them is like insulting me." Yuko said interrupting her sentence. "If you have a problem with them, you have it with me. All I want is to take my niece to a good place to heal for the time being. Unless she stays here, she'll be in danger."

"What do you mean niece?" Shun's mother asked. Yuko looked at Ikki and then grabbed something from her bag.

Mao sat in the car waiting when she saw Yuko and Ikki come out with some luggages.

"I can't believe I had to pull out the badge after all these years." Yuko said as she followed Ikki towards the car. "Never in my life had I thought that I had to take it out again."

"Yuko-san." Mao said as she got out of the car.

"Everything is ready Mao. Dont' worry about a thing." Yuko said as the luggages were placed in the back. While inside, Shun's mother was shocked at what she just saw

"That can't be right. No, she's just bluffing. But that was the symbol. The actual symbol." Shun's mother said in a daze. 

Shun stood outside of Mao's door and was fighting over the issue of whether or not he should enter. He brought up his hand to knock, but held back. A nurse came walking down the hall. 

"Excuse me, are you here to visit someone?" She asked. 

"Um... patient in rm. 103." Shun said pointing at the door. 

"Oh~ Gomen. The patient was discharged early this morning. Along with patient in rm. 104." The nurse said. 

"Discharged this morning?" Shun asked. "How come we weren't informed?" 

"Well it seems, everyone should have known as the guardians came to discharge them." The nurse said. Shun nodded. 

"Arigatou." Shun said as he turned around and took out his phone. He dialed his mother's phone. "Okaa-san. Did you know that Erika has been discharged?" 

"H...Hai." His mother stammered. "And..." 

"Did you discharge her?" Shun asked. 

"No." His mother answered. 

"If you didn't, then who did?" Shun asked. 

"Ah~ I have a meeting to go to. I have to go. Bye." His mother said trying to avoid the question and hung up. Shun was confused. 

"If okaa-san didn't discharge her, then who did?" Shun asked as he walked out of the hospital and towards his car to Mao's place. 

Meanwhile on the plane....

Yuko looked over at the exhausted Mao who had her head laid on the window sleeping. She brushed Mao's hair away. Ikki looked at Yuko and held her hand. She looked at him and smiled. Yuko looked over to the sleeping Erika who was still in a coma. 

Shun ran out of his car and knocked on the door. Misaki came to open it. 

"Shun-kun." She said suprised. 

"Gomen. But did you discharge Erika and Mao from the hospital?" Shun asked. Tetsu came up to them. 

"Um... No." Misaki said. 

"Then do you know who did? Other than you two, who else would discharge them?" Shun said. 

"Maybe Shota or Tsuyoshi discharged them." Tetsu said as he sat down. 

"I understand if they took Mao, but why also Erika?" Shun asked. 

"We really don't know." Misaki said. 

"We have an appointment in a bit. We need to go. We can't chat long." Tetsu said. 

"Hai." Misaki said as she turned to him. -to Shun- "Gomen. We really have to get ready for the appointment." Shun nodded and they bid goodbye. Shun walks back to his car. He places his fist at his mouth and ponders. 

"What purpose would they take Erika with them too?" Shun asked. 

---------------To Be Continued-------------------