I'm sorry....

Believe In Me

It's been weeks since the accident and Mao's leg healed. She walked around regularly now. But one thing was on her mind and it was Shun. She sees him everyday at school, but he would ignore her. There were rumors that he was getting out of Japan or that she broke up with him brutally.

Mao walked to her next class the next day and bumped into him.

"Gomen." They both said to each other. When they looked up and saw who it was, Shun walked inside. Mao followed behind him and sat down in the front. He sat in the back and laid his head down. Mao secretly looked back then turned back around as the bell rang. Shun closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Erika was still in the hospital for regular check-ups and now that he has learned the truth, what was he going to do? He looked to see Mao paying attention in class. He laid his head on his arm and looked at her.

After school, Shun left quickly to the hospital to pick Erika up. Mao would always see him rushing to his bike and heading off. She walked home by herself. She stood in the crowd wondering off. People walked past her as the light turned green. Mao stood there staring off into space. She snapped out of it and crossed the road. But when she was halfway across the road, the light turned red and a car turned the corner. It beeped for Mao to move, but Mao stood still. Her eyes widened in surprise and she closed them. The wind pasted right through her hair as she felt someone pull her away from the danger. She felt the cold ground against her back and the footsteps of many people. She opened her eyes to see people crowding around her. She looked at the person who as holding her.

"Jun." She said surprisingly. He smiled and got off of her. He helped up. "Are you ok?" She asked as she saw the scratch on his arm.

"I'm fine. Just a little bruised." He said with a confident smile. He suddenly gently knocked her in the head. "Baka. Why weren't you looking where you were going? Did you want to die that easily?"

"No. I didn't notice it." Mao said. Jun sighed and smiled. He took her home that afternoon. "Are you sure you are ok?" Mao asked again outside of her door. Jun nodded and ruffled her hair.

"Stay out of danger." Jun said. Mao nodded and opened the door to go inside. "Mao." He said. Mao turned around to face him. "Gomenasai."

"About what?" Mao asked.

"About... you know... what happened between us that day. I hope that you will really give me a chance to prove to you that I really do love you." Jun said. Mao looked at him.

"I appreciate that you think that way, but it's already in the past and I wish to never go back to it ever again." Mao said.

"But I have my reasons and when you hear of them, I want you to reconsider." Jun said.

"Maybe some other time Jun. Right now, I am too confused on what I am suppose to do." Mao said looking away.

"You mean about that Oguri person?" Jun asked. Mao turned her head to see him.

"How do you know about Oguri-senpai?" Mao asked.

"Hearing you say senpai means that you two aren't that close as to how Shouta and Tsuyoshi told me." Jun said.

"Onii-sans?" Mao asked. Jun nodded.

"They warned me to not get close to you or else something could happen to me." Jun said. Mao just nodded. "Well you better get inside. You don't want to catch a cold."

"Baka. It's spring. Where do you get a cold from?" Mao aske.d

"Hey you never know when you could get one." Jun said. Mao smiled and bidded goodbye to Jun. Jun got into his car and headed back home.

Shun helped Erika into the house. Go-san brought the luggage from the car and placed it in her room. Shun placed Erika in her room on the bed. He helped her organize her materials.

"Shun." Erika started after a long moment of silence. Shun looked at her. "Daijyobu?" Shun just smiled.

"Hai." he said. Erika knew something was wrong with him, but she kept quiet.

"Shun, Gomen." She said. Shun looked at her.

"For what?" Shun asked.

"For what happened. It's all because of me that you are like this." Erika said. Shun shook his head and sat on the bed.

"Just take this as a treatment for an unstable person." Shun said.

"But I don't want sympathy or pity from anyone." Erika said.

"Erika.... let things in the past be the past." Shun said. "One day we'll forget it all."

"But one day it will come back to us. I rather face it now than later Shun. I don't want anymore regrets." Erika said. "I want you to choose your real feelings. Me or Inoue-chan." Shun looked at her for a moment.

"I'm sorry, it's getting late. I need to get ready for school tomorrow." Shun said avoiding the subject. He got up and headed to the door. He turned around before going out. "Your clothes are laid out for you next to you. If you need anything ring the bell and Go-san will come to you." Erika nodded. Shun closed the door behind him.

"Gomen." He said silently.

|End of chapter 22|