Why You?

Believe In Me

"Uh... sweetie... please don't think about anything. Nothing happened. When we found you, you were unconsious already so we brought you to the hospital. Nothing to worry about." Misaki said. Mao nodded. Then they told her to go to sleep and Mao did. The next day Mao went home and got plenty of rest that in the afternoon, she wasn't tired and started to do chores.

"Mao-chan?! What are you doing?" her mother asked coming up with the hamper. When she saw that Mao was trying to dust the chandeliers, she panicked. "Mao stop that and come on down here."

"But mom." Mao began to protest.

"No buts. Just come down before you get hurt." Her mother said. Before Mao could protest any longer, her mother pulled her down and plopped her onto the couch.

"Listen here missy. You just regained energy. Now go back into your room or just sit quietly." Misaki continued to wipe the table when Mao hugged her from the back.

"Mom, you know something?"

"Hmmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too Mao. Alot too."

"I know. You love me too much that I'm not allowed to do chores." They both chuckled. Misaki held onto Mao's hand around her waist and had the 'I don't want to lose you' face and the 'I'm sorry' face mixed together. Then the door bell rang.

"Can I go and answer the door?" Mao asked letting go of Misaki.

"Yes." Misaki said chuckling. So Mao went to the door and opened it. There at the door stood Oguri Shun.

"What are you doing here?" Mao asked in a rude voice.

"Ey, what's with that rude attitude? Can't you at least invite me in for something?"

"Like what?" Mao asked annoyingly.

"Hey is that a way to speak to a senpai who saved your life?"

"Senpai? I never considered you to be my senpai? Keep dreaming."

"Oh I will."

"You.." Mao began then her mother came to the door.

"Mao-chan, who's there? Oh Oguri-kun, welcome. Come on in." So Oguri stepped into the house.

"Excuse me." He said as he passed Mao. Mao scoffed him off as he passed her. 'I can't believe he came to my house. What does he want!' As Mao was getting some water, Misaki-san said,

"Oguri-kun, please don't tell Mao-chan about yesterday because we don't want to bother her at all."

"Oh ok. I got it. Nothing about yesterday." Oguri Shun nodded. "Oh and you can call me Shun."

"Shun? Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Shun it is." Then Mao walked in. She handed a glass of water to Shun and to Misaki.

"Mao, would you mind joining us?" Misaki asked.

"No thanks. Um.. mom.. I'm feeling a little dizzy. So I'm going to go upstairs and take a nap.

"Alright sweetie. Remember to take your pills." Mao nodded. She ran upstairs as fast she can and went into her bed room. She ran and laid on her bed. Then there was knock on her door.

"Who is it?" Mao asked.

"Me!" the person said. Then Mao realised that it was Oguri Shun.

"Snob-san?" She went towards the door and opened it. There stood Oguri Shun with an annoying face.

"You're still calling me snob-san? can't you at least acknowledge me by using senpai at the end?"

"Sure, if you don't want to be called snob-san, how about lame-senpai or baka-senpai?" Oguri Shun looked at Mao like she was losing her mind. "Anyway, what do you want?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. And to remind you that I have to pick/drop you from/at school."

"Huh?! Nanee? Nande?"

"Shirimasen." That day after Oguri Shun left, Mao confronted her 'parents' about it.

"Mom, Dad, what are you two thinking by letting that guy pick and drop me off from and at school?"

"Mao, calm down. We're just doing what's best for you. We don't want anything to happen to you again." Tetsu said.

"What do you mean again?! The only reason I was beat up was because of him!"

"Well that's the past." Misaki said.

"Mom? Dad? What are you saying?" Mao asked in confusion.

"We trust Oguri Shun and we want him to protect you."

"I don't need anyone elses protection, unless it is yours." This time Mao was getting angrier and angrier.

"Mao please. Just do as we say. We seriously don't want anything to happen to you." Knowing that her 'parents' were really concerned about her, Mao agreed to let Oguri Shun come pick her up to and from school.

The next morning, Mao was ready and was outside waiting for Oguri Shun.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Srry I am not done yet. because it's late. I will finish tomorrow. Okay I am back...

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

At 7:20, Oguri Shun came by his bike and stopped right in front of Mao.

"Ey, You're late." Mao complained.

"Only by 5 minutes. Big deal." Oguri Shun said annoyingly.

"Ey, what's with that attitude?"

"Attitude? There's no attitude." Oguri Shun tried to hide it. Then he realised that they might be late, "Hop on or else we'll be late." Realising that it was late, Mao had no choice but to ride with Oguri Shun. On the way there, Mao thought that it was peaceful riding on a bike again. She hadn't ridden one ever since she was 8.The wind in her face and the breeze pushing her hair back, she felt like she was floating in the mid air.

When they got to school, Mao got off the bike and Sherry came up to her.

"Oh Mao, I heard about your fight, were you okay?" I was puzzled. 'How could Sherry had known that I was in a fight. Unless those pathetic Blossom Five came and told the story.'Mao thought. So Mao ignored Sherry and went straight to class along with Oguri Shun following. When we got near the class room, I could hear voices.

"She got beat up by us sooooo bad that she was bleeding and she had bruises everywhere. She got down on her kness and begged us to not do anything to her. But I taught her a lesson." Now Mao was angry and her emotions were fuming up. 'Why that b*tch. What does she thinks she's doing? Talking like that. Is that what I should address as a senpai?' Mao thought angrily. Then when Mao was about to open the door to confront Sakura, Oguri Shun opened it before her and rushed in. Mao and everyone else in the classroom looked at Oguri Shun as he stood there in front of Sakura.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Please commments. I think that this part might be a bit boring.