Let it begin..

Believe In Me

Shun was shocked to see Erika's state. Suddenly the necklace glowed around her neck and stood up. Mao just kept her head down as tears streamed down.

"What are you guys doing? Go get her!" Her grandpa yelled at the men. They all nodded and charged towards Erika.

"Erika!" Shun shouted as he ran for her when suddenly a guy flew right past him. He looked at the direction he came in and noticed that Erika had punched him. "Erika," Shun said again. Jun ran up to him.

"What's going on?" Jun asked Shun.

"The legend has begun." Ikki said standing up with Yuko. A guy tried to hit Erika with a bat when suddenly Mao ripped the rope and lunged forward to take controll of the bat. She looked up towards the guy with the bat with her blank white cold eyes. He tried to get the bat out of her grasp. She threw the bat back and it hit the guy. He flung backwards onto the ground. Mao turned around with her back against Erika's they looked at all the men surrounding them. Mao started walking towards them as they stepped back. Suddenly the aura around them felt weird. Mao ran towards the men who were hitting and kicking Yuko and Ikki. She grabbed one of them by the neck.

"The one's who hurt my family, hurts me." She said with a sharp deep tone. The guy tried to pry off her hands as she lifted him up. His feet lifted off the ground.

"Mao-chan! Mao!" Yuko called her name, but Mao didn't listen.

"It's no use. She can't hear us." Ikki said.

"Ikki stop her. I don't want her to use her powers for evil." Yuko said pleading him.

"We can't stop her now." Ikki said looking at Mao. "She has to find a way to fight herself." Yuko looked over at her. Erika dodged, hit, and kicked most of the men who lunged towards her. Shun and Jun stepped up towards the girls.

"Mao, listen to me!" Jun shouted. But Mao didn't stop. She threw the guy away as the others scattered and headed towards her grandpa. Her grandpa backed up as he saw her eyes. She slowly walked to him. He bumped into a bunch of things as he backed up. He was afraid of Mao.

"Shun!" Ikki shouted. "Shun!" Shun looked at him. "Say them! Say them now!"

"But I..." Shun protested.

"No matter how much I would want my father to be punished, I don't want Mao's hands to get dirty. Stop her now!" Ikki said. Shun nodded and ran in front of Mao who stopped.

"Mao stop this. This is enough." Shun said.

"I have to punish him for hurting my family." Mao said as she started walking again.

"Mao, stop. Mao." Shun tried to call her, but she refused to listen. "Mao... Believe in me." Shun said. Mao's heart beat as she heard the words. She stood still and Shun could see that her eyes were turning back to normal.

"Shun?" Mao asked as she suddenly fainted. Jun was asked to run up to Erika.

"Erika-san! Erika-san!" Jun called at her as she was hitting all the men. Erika also didn't listen. "Erika-san... I'm here for you!" Erika suddenly stopped as her eyes turned back to normal and she fell forward. Jun caught her as she laid in his arms. Jun looked at Shun who had brought Mao over to Yuko and Ikki. He carried Erika bridal style and went over to where everyone was.

"Mao. Mao." Yuko said crying as she ran to hover over her.

"Yuko, she's fine." Ikki said.

"Let's take her and Erika-chan to the hospital now." Yuko said to Ikki. Ikki nodded. Jun and Shun carried them into the car and they drove off towards the hospital.

Mao shook her head as she slowly opened her eyes to see a white ceiling. She blinked a couple of times and noticed that she was in a different place. She slowly looked around her as she noticed someone holding her hand. She looked over to see Yuko holding her hand and sleeping. Yuko stirred a little and woke up.

"Mao? Are you awake?" Yuko aske suddenly standing up. Mao slightly nodded. "Are you hurt anywhere?" Mao shook her head.

"Where.....Where am I?"  Mao asked slowly.

"In the hospital." Yuko said her hair.

"What happened?" Mao asked looking at her. Yuko just smiled.

"Nothing. Nothing happened. You passed out. So we brought you guys to the hospital." Yuko said softly.

"Shun... Jun, and Erika, where are they at?" Mao asked frantically.

"Don't worry. Shun and Jun are fine. They went home to change. Erika-chan is right there." Yuko pointed to Erika who was also unconscious on the other bed. Mao turned her head towards Erika.

"The last thing I remembered was that I was crying and then suddenly, her necklace started glowing." Mao said slowly. Yuko smiled and shook her head.

"Nothing happened. You need to rest, so rest ok?" Yuko said. Mao nodded and slowly closed her eyes. Ikki stood outside of the room with his back against the wall as he listened to Mao and Yuko's conversation. He walked to the doctor's office in a few moments.

"Hello Inoue-san." The doctor said greeting him. "Sit down." Ikki sat down and looked at the doctor.

"The girl that came in with my daughter, is something wrong with her?" Ikki asked.

"It seems the girl hit her head against something and has a fractured bone. She might not wake up due to those reasons." The doctor said. He took out the examinations. "This is the front of her head. This part was bumped and left a crack on her skull. It seems that blood leaked into her brain."

"Will she be fine?" Ikki asked. The doctor just sat there.

"It all depends on her strength. If she wakes up, then it is a good sign. If she doesn't, then there will be critical procedures done. She might have to undergo surgery." The doctor said. Ikki nodded.

"And my daughter?" Ikki asked.

"For now she's fine, but Inoue-san, have you and your wife noticed that she has internal bleeding? Right now she's in the safe zone but I suggest that she doesn't get into fights or hurt her lungs. Does she have asthma?" The doctor said.

"No, I'm afraid she doesnt'." Ikki said.

"Then right now that is a good sign. As long as she protects herself from bring hit in the lungs, she'll be fine." The doctor said. "But just to be on the safe side, make sure she comes to the hospital to check at least once a month." Ikki nodded and headed out after saying goodbye. He walked to the room when Yuko came out.

"How's everything?" He asked.

"She's asleep." Yuko said in a low soft voice. Ikki was debating on whether or not he should tell Yuko about Mao's condition. Shun and Jun walk up in a moment.

"Are they asleep?" Jun asked. Yuko nodded.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news for you Shun and your family." Ikki said. Shun looked at him. "Erika has a fractured skull that allowed blood to leak into it. So the doctor's don't know if she'll wake up on time. They said that if she wakes up then it will be a good sign, but if she doesn't, then she might have to undergo surgery." Shun, Jun, and Yuko were shocked to have heard the news. Yuko looked at him.

"What do you mean?  She'll be a coma?" Yuko asked.

"It's not technically like a coma. She's just unconscious. I guess you could say that." Ikki said. Shun stepped back. "Shun." He kept stepping back. "SHUN!" Shun ran off in a hurry. It was pouring outside as the rain suddenly came down. Mao slowly opened her eyes and stared at the rain that peered on the window. She saw Erika sleeping still.

"Arigatou, Erika." She said softly. Suddenly she saw a tear drop from the side of Erika's face. She looked up when a tear from hers also fell. She laid there thinking about what had just happened. Jun slowly opened the door and Mao turned to him.

"How are you doing?" He asked. Mao slightly nodded. "I'm glad." He looked over at Erika. "I see she's still sleeping."

"What do you mean?" Mao asked.

"There might be a chance that Erika might not wake up ever again." Jun said. Mao's eyes widened as she looked over at Erika was still laying there silently. She looked back at Jun. "They're only giving her a week, then she has to undergo surgery."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter 25