Wheels Turn Back

Believe In Me

Shun was outside of the ER room waiting for Erika's news. Soon his parents followed behind.

"What's the news?" His mother asked frantically.

"I...I don't know." Shun replied.

"How could you!" His mother shouted and started hitting him. But Shun didn't respond. "If anything happens to her, who's going to take responsibility?!" Shun's father grabbed his mother to calm her down.

"Honey, don't scream in the hospital. A lot of people are watching." His father said.

"I don't care. If you're not going to help, you shouldn't bother." His mother said to his father while brushing him off. His mother went to stand in front of the ER room. Shun sat down. His father came up to him and took him outside. They sat on a bench together. His father looked at him for a moment.

"Shun..." His father began.

"Dad, I don't want to hear anything." Shun said.

"I heard that you were going to run away again." His father confronted him.

"Dad, how did you..." Shun asked.

"Erika phoned us before you made a move. Shun, look, why do you keep running from the problems that should be running from you instead?" His father asked.

"What do you mean?" Shun asked.

"Erika. The only reason she came back was because of you. Actually right now she should have been married, but because she thought of you, she left. Her parents also realized their mistake and allowed her to come back only if you accepted her. But it seems you've changed." His father explained.

"I don't understand. What did her parents do wrong?"

"They lied to her. Right now she wouldve been married to another rich man's son if she hadn't thought of you at the last minute. They wanted to erase you from her mind, but since the love b/w her and you were so strong, she couldn't do that."

"So, the refused the marriage?"

"Yeah. She came back hoping to find the love she once had, but only to find out that the love she had is now someone elses. Also, I don't think Mao is a problem. She's actually very suited for you. But for your mother, she doens't like Mao as much as i do. So to say, her judgment on Mao is below zero degrees." His father said. Soon they sat there talking about things when finally his father got up adn left. Shun sat outside wondering about what his father had just said. But what could he do? What could he possibly do when his old love comes back and his new love just bloomed? Isn't it supposed to be great that his love he always yearned for came back? But isn't it also bad that the love he yearned for was given to another girl? What can he do? Shun placed his hands on his forehead and grunted. He stood up and decided to go for a walk. He ended up at Mao's house. He heard some yelling and decided to go see what it was all about. He entered and saw Shota and Abe trying to get a guy out. Everything stopped once they saw Shun. Mao even froze.

"Shun." Mao said quietly.

"Mao, what's going on?" Shun asked. No one answered him for a long time. Finally Jun started to speak.

"Nothing much. Just visiting someone sick." Jun said looking at Mao. Shun stared at Mao. Mao just stood still without trying to explain herself. Jun came to her side and landed his lips on hers. He kissed her. Mao's eyes widened. Abe and Shota was in shock, but not as much as how Shun was. Once he saw that, it was like time stopped. Nothing moved. He clenched his hands together and tried to hold his anger in. He turned around and opened the door. Mao pushed Jun off and headed towards Shun. But still in those crutches, she fell down.

"Shun." Mao said. Without looking at her, with his back faced towards her.

"I see how it is. You think of me as an idiot. Well too bad, I'm not." Shun said and walked out. Mao started crying. What could she do when the one person she loved just gave up on her and their love? Shota bent down to help her up but she pushed everyone of them away.

"Go away! All of you! I don't want to see anyone of you people! Go away!" Mao said with her face buried in the floor. Shota and Abe exited. Mao was left with Jun. Jun stood there puzzled.

"So, you're not happy that I'm back?" Jun asked. before Mao could say anything the door opened and Abe walked in. He came and dragged Jun by the collar. He dragged him outside and closed the door. Mao started crying out loud.

This is what happens when wheels turn back...

----------end----------