Family Reunion Part 2

Believe In Me

As soon as he was sure that he could leave, he ran off with Mao behind him. Jun went over to untie Erika. She got up and stood beside Shun.

"Baka. What do you two think you two were doing?" Shun yelled at her.

"Well, I just had this feeling that she needed my help." Erika said.

"I think we should go help her before she gets into real danger." Jun suggested. They all nodded and ran after them.

"Yah~ let go! You're hurting me!" Mao shouted at her grandfather.

"And your mother leaving me didn't hurt me?" He yelled back at her. He dragged her towards a car. But when he opened the door, a gun was pointed to his head. He looked up to see no one else but the biggest Don in the world, Hirojimoto.

"Hirojimoto-san." Nakazawa said. Mao was surprised.

"Thank you for delivering my precious gift." Hirojimoto said as she pushed her grandfather and grabbed Mao. Mao landed flat onto the ground as the car sped off. Erika, Jun, and Shun ran outside to see the car go out of site. Jun went over to her grandfather.

"Where is she?" He asked her. Her grandfather stood up. "Where is Mao?!"

"Someone took her away." Her grandfather said to Jun.

"Wasn't she with you?! How were you able to let go of her?!" Jun yelled at him.

"Her other grandfather took her!" He yelled at Jun. Jun was surprised.

"Other grandfather? You mean..." Jun said letting go.

"Ikki-san's father." Nakazawa said.

They all sat in the living room together when Ikki and Yuko walked in.

"Oto-san." Yuko said as she walked through the door.

"Yuko." He said not looking at her. Yuko stopped at the doors.

"Yuko." Misaki said walking to her. Yuko hugged her.

"What happened?" Ikki asked looking at Jun, Shun, and Erika.

"Mao was kidnapped twice." Shun said.

"Oji-san said that your father took her away." Jun said.

"My father?" Ikki asked turning towards Yuko's father. "What do you mean my father?"

"Who else but Inoue Hirojimoto, your underworld don father." Yuko's father said.

"How in the world did he find her?" Ikki asked.

"You should ask him that yourself." Yuko's father said.

"Honey." Yuko said holding onto Ikki's arm. "What do we do now? Mao is gone."

"Well I don't think my father can help but reconcile with his late son." Ikki said with anger in his voice.

"If you're going, I am too." Shun said standing up.

"Me too." Erika said.

"Same here." Jun said. Soon everyone joined in.

"And for you father, you have to rest." Yuko said looking at her father.

"I wish I could, but my granddaughter out there, how can I?" He asked.

"If you cared about her, then why did you kidnap her?" Yuko asked.

"Because I wanted her to see me as her grandfather and not just some stranger." He said.

"Father, you could have done that some other way. You didn't have to do it by force." Yuko said. Suddenly he laughed. "What's so funny?"

"She's just like you. She stood up for you two and she even argues like you. No wonder she's my granddaughter." He said smiling. Yuko gave a slight smile and turned to Ikki. Soon they all headed out.

Mao was again binded to a chair with her eyes covered. She tried to move around.

"Let me go! Who are you people?!" She yelled. But no response. "Hey!"

"Shh..." Someone said. "If you keep moving and fall down, the alligator will get you." Mao stood quiet. "Good girl. Go take off the blinds." Suddenly the cloth came undone. Mao squinted her eyes and looked around. She was in a dark room with little light coming from a small window at the corner. She looked around to find a man in his 50's walking towards her.

"Ah.. My sweet, sweet grandchild." He said.

"Who are you? Why am I here?" Mao asked.

"No need to be afraid child. I am no harm to you." He said.

"Who are you?" Mao asked.

"Why I'm your grandpa you silly." He said chuckling.

"G...Grandpa?" Mao asked.

"Inoue Hirojimoto at your service." He said. "So tell me, how is your father doing?"

"My father? Tetsu?" Mao asked.

"Forget that servant, I mean Ikki." He said.

"Ikki? Servant?" Mao asked.

"It seems that old man didn't tell you clearly." Her grandpa said.

"What are you talking about?" Mao asked.

"Nothing." Another voice said. They looked to see everyone coming through the door with Ikki in the front.

"Well Hello "son"," Her grandpa said.

"You disowned me right after I married Yuko, so stop the father act.” Ikki yelled at him. Her grandpa chuckled.

“You’re right. Absolutely right, but you made a huge mistake Inoue-san. Did you forget who rules this place?” Her grandpa said. “Of course me. Now get him boys.”

Down came several men out of nowhere. They all charged towards the others. Ikki made them stand back as him, Jun, and Shun stood up front.

“Erika-chan, please get Yuko out of here. Keep her safe." Ikki said. Erika nodded and tried to get her out of there. Yuko looked at Ikki with a discern face. They headed out of the warehouse and towards the car when suddenly Yuko heard Ikki yell. She ran back in leaving Erika behind.

"Yuko-san! Yuko-san!" Erika yelled as she chased after her. "Yuko-san, come back. It's too dangerous! Ah!" Erika screamed as two men suddenly grabbed her. She looked to see that Yuko had ran off too far for them to catch. "Let go!"

Yuko ran back inside to find Ikki being hit by several of the men. She ran and hugged him. She grunted at each hit and kick she received. Ikki was surprised that she came back for him.

"Yuko." He said.

"I'm not letting go. If you don't go with me, I won't go anywhere also." Yuko said as she closed her eyes tight. Ikki hugged her and turned them around. Ikki was not being hit and kicked. Yuko opened her eyes as tears poured out. Mao watched the scene of Yuko and Ikki as tears formed in her eyes. They dropped. One..... Two..... Three......

"Leave them." Mao said with her head down crying. "Let them go." But all she could hear was her grandpa's laugh, her father and mother's pain, along with Jun and Shun. In came Erika tumbling on the ground as the two guys threw her beside Mao. Erika stood up on her knees to meet face to face with Mao. She realized that Mao was crying. Mao looked at her and saw the necklace that Erika had on. It was the same as Mao's but a different color. It was blue. Mao suddenly shut her eyes and yelled."Let them.... Let them go. Let them go! Let 'em GO!" This time Mao's voice was louder and sharper. Everything stopped and they all looked at her. Suddenly Erika stood up. Jun and Shun looked at each other then at them.

"Erika." Shun said quietly as her eyes turned blank.

======================================================

End of chapter 24