~ Chapter 24 ~

~ Saved By the Killer ~

~ Jinyoung’s POV ~

 I stayed all night in Jessica’s room, watching her sleep. Minho barely moved as he slept on the floor. At one point in the night, Jessica jumped out of bed screaming from a nightmare. Then there was Minho acting all tough, trying to calm her down. After that they both returned to their original places of sleep.

   Of course I sound creepy,  I am the bad guy right? It’s odd to think of myself as a bad guy. Kai, he is a bad guy. I on the other hand, am not. I don’t want to really fight. I don’t even want to be here. But I sold myself to Kai to save my one love, just like the rest of us. We owe him everything. Even if our loves chose to be with someone else, that doesn’t mean we regret it.  Our imprints had been misunderstood, then they grew old and passed away. I guess it’s odd, that had happened to so many of us vampires.

I watched Jessica slowly awaken, she instantly looked down at Minho on the floor. That idiot continued to sleep like a rock. Eventually I got tired of watching them. So I crawled back up into the ceiling, and made my way to the dining hall.


~ Jessica’s POV ~

I got up from my bed to get ready. Minho was still asleep so I tried to be as quiet as possible. When I reached my closet, I noticed something was odd. The door was slightly open and a dress had fallen out. I looked back at Minho, he still was sleeping. I gradually opened the door to see what was inside. Then I saw him. Taemin was sleeping on the floor of my closet, curled up in my clothes. All I could do was stare at him. “What are you doing here?” I questioned in a low whisper, moving towards his unmoving body. “How long have you been in there?” He only grunted in response.

 I sighed and tried to pull him out, only to be very unsuccessful. His eyes rolled around his head until the sleepily opened. They grew wide once he figured out it was me. “noona...” he spoke quietly starting to stand up. “I’m so sorry,” Taemin bowed quickly.

“Shhh....” I glanced back at Minho who started rolling around on the floor.

“I will go now,” Taemin rushed out of the room before I could stop him. All I could do was scratch my head in confusion. Nothing that boy does ever makes sense.  


~ Taemin’s POV ~

I ran down the hall as fast as I could, as far away as I could get. Through the turns and staircases I got lost to where I was.
My breath was heavy while I walked around peeking into each room. When I looked into the last room down this hallway I saw that weird guy Jinyoung talking on the phone. As I was about to turn and leave I heard him say something strange.

"Jessica will be easy. She hasn't practiced using any of her powers. All she has been doing is messing around with one of her stupid boy toys." My hands clenched tightly. "Her boy toy and his friends won't be a problem. They aren't that strong or smart." There was silence as he listened to the other speak. I held my breath just to make sure he wouldn't hear me listening. "I will meet up with you all soon. We are going to arrive in 2 days correct? Okay. See you all soon." Jinyoung hung up the phone and threw it across the room.

This isn't good. He must be on Hyun Bins side as a spy. I began to run towards the way I came.

~ Key's POV ~

"Good morning sunny," I kissed her head softly not actually wanting to wake her up. Taemin came running, screaming into my room. "KEY KEY I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!"

"Shut up!" I hissed as sunny rolled around next to me. I stood up carefully, bringing Taemin out of the room so she could sleep more. “What is so important that you have to come into my room screaming as though you are about to die??”

“They are coming,” Taemin was obviously out of breath. Which was odd since we didn’t have to breathe. “Kai and his followers are on their way. I over heard Jinyoung the servant talking to one of them.”

“How long do we have?” I asked trying to stay calm. I knew if I were to freak out it would only make Taemin worry more.

“About 2 days, that’s what Jinyoung said their travel would be.”

“Okay Taemin, I will go tell Hyun Bin. you find the others and let them know.”

“Should I tell Jessica and Yuri too?” Taemin looked at me frowning.

“No, Just tell Jonghyun, Onew, and Minho. Hyun Bin should take care of the rest.” I left quickly.
I hope Sunny can sleep a little longer so she won’t have to deal with this so soon.


~ Minho’s POV ~

I opened my eyes to see Jessica looking down at me from her bed. “Were you watching me sleep?” I teased while rubbing my face.

“Only for a little while,” She blushed a little. At least she answered honestly.

“What time is it?” I sat up while looking around for a clock.

“It’s already 12 sleepyhead.” Jessica was already fully dressed and ready for the day.

“I see. Where are the others?” Getting up off the floor, I started to stretch. My muscles and back hurt from sleeping so much.

“I don’t know,” She rolled on her bed while watching me.



Knock, knock, knock


Taemin walked in, “Hyung can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure,” I followed him into the hall. He began to tell me what happened and that kai would be here soon. We need to prepare ourselves. “Why didn’t you tell Jessica?” I asked curious to why he only would tell me.

“Key told me not to. I am also not supposed to tell Yuri. He said Hyun Bin would tell them at some point or another.” I nodded and began to walk back into Jessica’s room. “Hyung, don’t tell her, wait for Hyun Bin.”

“Whatever,” I muttered continuing back to her.

Jessica welcomed me back with a warm smile. “What was that about?”

“Nothing,” I smiled back at her. “What should we do now?”

“Anything,” She shrugged and I smirked a little.



 ~ Jonghyun’s POV ~

  “So Kai is already coming?” Onew asked me in disbelief.

“Yeah Taemin just told me.” He and I continued walking towards Hyun Bin’s main office where he ran most of his business

“I was hoping we would have more time to experience life again before dying.” Onew stared at the ground.

“Yah, don’t be so pessimistic. We have Girls Generation, F(X), Super Junior, and of course us amazing SHINee members that are all going to fight. With a few extras that aren’t so important, but still we outnumber them.” I pushed Onew softly and smiled. “We will be okay.”

“Okay, if you say so.”

“You’re the leader you are supposed to be cheering the others up,” I teased approaching the room. Hyun Bin must already know since people are rushing in and out.

 

   We were planning on just walking by until Hyun Bin called out. "Onew! Come here for a minute." One listened and went inside. I could tell they were arguing about something when Onew gave up. He came out shaking his head.

 

 "We are training Jessica, Yuri, and Sunny how to fight." He was really upset. Hands clenched, white knuckles.

 

"Good they will be ready then." I tried reassuring him again.


"We have less than 2 days Jonghyun. They would be better off hiding in a dungeon. There is no way any of them will be able to survive if they actually fight."