~ Chapter 18 ~

~ Saved By the Killer ~

 

                                                  ~  Jessica’s POV ~

 
  I held onto Minho’s hand tightly as we flew through the portal to RuneTariq. The inside of the portal was the same bright blue light that was coming off of Tiffany’s hands. The same color just went on and on. My whole body hurt from the strong air pushing against my back. The wind whipped my hair into my face making it hard to see. I closed my eyes and before I knew it we were standing still on a platform.

 The platform was made out of stone of some sort. Trees and bushes surrounded Minho and I. We looked around us to see if we could find Yuri and the others, but they were nowhere in sight. Minho got off the platform, still holding my hand. He helped me down before we started to walk through the woods.

 “The world here is complicated. Part of the world holds onto the colonial times, the other part has embraced the new ways of life. We base everything off of Earth and the humans.  Your father still holds onto the colonial times unlike Yuri and some of the others close to the council.” Minho informed me as we walked into a small town. “I wonder where they are…” he mumbled to himself as we walked down a trail of dirt, past a cart filled with fruit. The woman at the cart was trying to get Minho’s attention but he was focused on other things.

 “Is this town a colonial one?” I asked Minho as I looked at the older styled buildings. The women strolling around were wearing large dresses with frills all over them, in their hands were umbrellas to shade their fair skin from the sun. A couple girls were standing by a cart of jewelry and started to whisper to one another while glancing over at Minho and I.

 Minho looked at the girls, then he put his arm around my shoulder while pulling me close to him and whispered, “Yes it is. Stay close to me and hide your face. They know who you are and we don’t want to cause a big scene, Okay?” I nodded while looking down. “Good,” he said as he stopped in front of a little tent. It was filled with different clothes.

 Minho left me on the dirt trail while he walked in and grabbed a black cloak. The man selling the clothes was busy talking to someone else, so he didn’t notice when Minho walked out without paying.  
 
 “Let’s hurry,” Minho suggested as he grabbed my arm and pulled me a little ways down the trail and behind a tree. “Put this on,” He ordered while handing me the cloak.

 “You just stole this, that’s wrong. I refuse to wear it.” I turned away from him and crossed my arms. Then Minho sighed and put the cloak around me. He walked in front of me to tie it on. “Hey, I told you I was not wearing it.” Minho didn’t listen to me and put the hood up.

 “Let’s go. We still have to find Yuri and the guys. After that we have to go see your father. No complaining.” Minho told me as he pulled me back onto the road. “Also I didn’t steal that I just am having you borrow it forever.”

 I sighed heavily. “Fine, lets hurry. The sooner we find my father the sooner I can get rid of all my built up stress.” Just then we bumped into someone.

 “I guess you found one of us,” A strange man said. He was wearing a red coat and breeches. After a bit of Minho and I just standing there the man chuckled. “I knew you would be coming, my dear daughter.”


____________
Very short chapter, I am so sorry

I updated just a little after 24 hours.

Thank you to those who comment and subscribe, I love all of you ;)

Her father is the actor Hyun Bin. I don't know him so his picture might be wrong in the picture for this chapter.