~ Chapter 23 ~

~ Saved By the Killer ~

~ Taemin's POV ~

 

There was mostly silence at the breakfast table, except for Sunny and Key who kept whispering to each other next to me. I'd glance over at Jessica occasionally, she'd be looking at Minho next to her. Then there was Yuri who kept glaring at Jonghyun at the opposite end of the table for some odd reason.

 

Every time I looked across the table at Jessica my mind kept going back to the night before. Her laying in her bed with Minho was still fresh in my head. It seemed like it would never go away.

 

Eventually, I got tired of eating in silence. I left to go find Onew, maybe he could make sense of what was happening to me the night before. All of my feelings for Jessica need to disappear.

 

~ Key's POV ~

Sunny and I had been the last ones to arrive at the breakfast table. Everyone was extremely quiet. I whispered to Sunny, "Do you know what's happened to either of the girls?"

 

Sunny shook her head before whispering back "I haven't been told anything. How could you expect me to when you wouldn't let me leave you even for a minute last night?"

 

"I don't know." I sighed looking over at the others. Something was off which wouldn't be good for when we fight. Suddenly, Taemin got up from the table and left. "How about you find out what happened to Jessica and Yuri while I find out what happened to the guys?"

 

"We can meet up later to figure things out." Sunny nodded. I couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.

 

"Can you handle this mission?"

 

Sunny stood up proudly and saluted the air. "Sir yes sir!" She yelled into the dining area.

 

All eyes turned to her. Sunny's cheeks quickly turned red as she sat back down. I could tell Yuri wanted to say something but kept quiet. Obviously something is wrong since we usually can't get her to keep her opinions to herself.

 

~ Yuri's POV ~

I sat in my room playing with my music box. Sunny walked in with Jessica, both were smiling. "What's going on?" I asked hiding my music box.
 
 Sunny sat down next to me. “Just talking about what Jessica and Minho were doing yesterday.” Jessica was standing in front of me, looking at her toes. She knew I didn’t approve of things she would do with boys. I didn’t really like her around guys at all. They are all stupid and you can’t trust them.

“I don’t even want to know,” I muttered trying to show my disinterest so they would leave. Sunny frowned a little, but continued to talk.

“What did you do yesterday? I know for sure you didn’t go see Jessica when she was changing,” She reached her foot out and poked the silent Jessica.

“I stayed in my room most of the time. I didn’t see a point in leaving.”

“Well that’s no fun. Did anything else happen?” Of course Sunny knew something happened. That’s how she is. I bet Key told her to follow me around or ask me.

“Do you really want to know?”

“Of course I do!” Sunny kept smiling brightly, not even aware on how frustrated I was.

“Well you can’t know.”

“Why not???” She began to whine which was even worse.

“Fine I will tell you as long as you be quiet,” I pinched her cheek to make her stop the pouty face. She only nodded in response to me. “Jonghyun came in my room and kissed me.”

Sunny seemed to be the only one surprised, Jessica only smiled.

“Finally...” Jessica had mumbled to herself.

“What do you mean ‘Finally?’”

“Were you the only one who didn’t realize that Jonghyun likes you?”

 

"I don't know. It doesn't matter, other things are more important right now. Such as the war that's coming. Or the fact that you just turned back into a vampire."

 

Jessica shook her head and sighed. "If that's what you want to focus on, then fine. But me changing into a vampire isn't that important, it's like I'm fully me again. Nothing is wrong, things are just adjusting.

 

"You don't want to fight still?" I asked.

 

"I do. Minho convinced me to do it. I trust him, I believes he knows what is right and wrong." Jessica looked at me, more sure than she had ever been.

 

"You're really starting to like him aren't you?"

 

Jessica sighed. "I am, but he doesn't like me."

 

"You think Minho doesn't like you??" I asked struggling to contain my laughter.

 

"He said he didn't. It is only the imprint that connects the two of us." Jessica sat on the floor and hugged her knees.

 

"You're stupid." She slapped my leg and I laughed again. "He likes you for you. Don't say that it's only the imprint. Sure it helps, but he still wants you. Minho would do anything to save you."

 

She only shrugged in response.

 

"Jessica even I know Minho likes you. And I've only seen you two together for only a couple days." Sunny smiled, still her cheerful self.

 

"Okay, okay," Jessica smiled a bit. "Maybe he does like me."


 

~ Minho's POV ~

Key brought me into a living room along with Jonghyun. All of us sat down at a table that had some wine glasses filled with our special wine. He questioned us, obviously curious about what happened the day before. Jonghyun answered honestly about kissing Yuri and about how he didn't regret it. That he knew he liked her he just didn't know if she liked him back. Neither Key or I could answer helpfully, We didn't understand Yuri one bit.

 

Then it came to the questions about how changing Jessica went. "Minho, you've been silent," Key stated. "How about telling us what happened last night?"

 

"Nothing special," I shrugged. "We talked, I changed her and now she's a vampire with all her memories."

 

"Nothing else? I heard you stayed the night in her room." Key kept moving his chair closer to mine.


"Nothing at all." No matter how much Key wanted to know, I wanted what happened the night before to myself. I didn't want to share the memory, it was special and mine. Key was clearly disappointed with me.

 “Fine Minho. But when Jessica gets taken away from you by some other guy and she marries him instead don’t complain to me.” Key got up and left the room.

“Idiot she can’t do that. There is no way someone could come between an imprint.” I mumbled to myself, heading off to my own room.


~ Taemin’s POV ~
“It actually is quite possible,” Onew thought carefully about his words. “Even if you aren’t imprinted with Jessica, you can still fall for her. It happens often with women who contain great power.”

That’s the last thing I want to hear. “It could be nothing also, right?”

Onew nodded, “The only way to know for sure if you do have feelings for her would be to kiss her. But you can’t do that since we both know Minho would rip off your face. Then Key would kill Minho and everything would go downhill from there. Maybe if you just wait awhile, you won’t feel anything anymore. Just try to avoid her as much as possible.”

“I understand....” I mumbled sadly. It , all I want to do lately is be with Jessica. Now I have to stay away from her like she has a disease. Onew patted my shoulder knowing I was upset.

“We can talk more later, but I am going out today with Hyoyeon. When I get home we can finish this discussion.” He smiled before walking away. Eventually, I gathered up the energy to leave.

Once I got outside of the room I saw Jessica with Sunny. They were laughing as they continued to walk my way. I quickly jumped back into the room before Jessica would notice me. Avoiding Jessica would be harder than I thought.



~ Kai’s POV ~

I stood in front of the 4 groups that followed me. Exo, Big Bang, B1A4, and 4Minute. “We shall leave tomorrow to get to the castle. It will be a 3 day travel.” I began walking around the groups. “The plan is to attack with caution. Exo and Big Bang will attack from the ground. B1A4 will attack from the sky since they can fly. 4Minute will go inside and try to find Jessica. Hyun Bin will definitely try to keep her hidden as best as he can. I will get to Hyun Bin and destroy him. After he is gone the fight should go much smoother without their side having a leader. Any questions?” I asked stopping in front of Hyuna knowing she would be the most confused.

“What should we do once we find Jessica?” Hyuna asked tilting her head.

“Bring her safely back here. I will take care of her then. Understand?”

“Understood.”

“Now everyone make plans with your groups on what you will all specifically do. Then get a good nights rest.” I left before anyone would ask me anymore questions. By now they should be ready since we have prepared centuries for this.

I went back to my room to relax and plan the best way to get rid of Hyun Bin.



~ Jessica’s POV ~
I still haven’t seen my father since right after I changed. But it didn’t bother me much, I guess I really didn’t see him before I went to the human world.

Sunny had finally left me alone for the first time after breakfast. I just laid on my bed, thinking of what to do. Then Minho strolled casually into my room, not even bothering to announce himself.

“What are you doing?” I asked sitting up as he sat next to me.

“Just came to ask you a question.” He responded without looking at me.

“I might have an answer,” I tried to get him to look at me but he refused.

“Do you like anyone?”

“Wait-What?” I asked confused. “Why would you ask that?”

“I just was curious.” Minho tried to smile at me but it was obviously fake. “I have to make sure my future wife doesn’t leave me.” He nudged me playfully except I knew something was really bothering him.

“Minho, I don’t like anyone. Right now I don’t have the time to like anyone.”

He chuckled softly, “Jessica, you are a vampire now. You have forever to like someone.”

“Not if I die during the fight, “ I spoke softly to myself. That upset Minho.

“Don’t you ever say that you are going to die during that fight. You have everyone protecting you, you yourself are strong enough to hold everyone else off.” Minho looked at me intently with his big, round eyes.

I sighed completely frustrated. “How am I supposed to know what to do? I don’t even know what powers I have or what I am supposed to do.”

“Jessica, when the time comes you will know. That’s how it always is.” Minho patted my knee with his hand. “You will be fine.”

“How would you know?” I asked trying my best to ignore his hand.

“I have already been apart of a war before. It was horrible, I don’t want to remember it but I will always.”

“Who were you fighting against?”

“Kai’s father.” Minho shook his head. “Kai’s father wanted Hyun Bin’s powers so Hyun Bin killed his father. Now he wants revenge. He wants to become strong just like his father was going to be.”

“I see,” Minho seemed to be staring off remembering the horrible things he must have done. I was about to say something when Jinyoung walked into the room.

“Jessica, may I speak with you alone?” He asked smiling innocently. Now that I look at him, I realize I probably should have told someone that he is with Kai.

“I’m not finished speaking with her Jinyoung, so I would appreciate it if you would leave.” Minho watched Jinyoung closely. He must already know, or at least not trust Jinyoung.

“It’s rather urgent,” Jinyoung kept glaring at Minho.

“If it’s that urgent you can say it in front of Minho, he knows everything else already.” I said putting my hand on Minho’s shoulder.

“I guess it really doesn’t matter,” Jinyoung walked out, finally giving up.

“Now I am not leaving this room.” Minho laid across my bed, covering most of it.

“Why not?”

“Because once I leave that little weasel is going to do something, I don’t trust him. Never have, never will.” He folded his hands under his head and closed his eyes.

“You do realize it’s only noon right?” I didn’t want to stay in my room for the rest of the day. That would be awful.

Minho’s eyes opened and he looked at the ceiling. “Well then we should do something today.”

“Like what?”

“I will show you around the area,” Minho smiled as he got up leading me out of the room and towards the front door.



~ Jonghyun’s POV ~

It was beginning to get dark outside while I walked around the halls of the castle. I wanted to see Yuri. I needed to talk to her. What if she is still mad? Maybe I should apologize...

There she was, in her room. I didn’t want to bother her as she seemed so focused on something that had been on her desk. Her pencil that was in her hand was gliding over something carefully until she stabbed the table and yelled, “Got it!” That was when I realized she was only trying to kill a bug.

“Wow Yuri, I didn’t know you had it in you to kill a little innocent bug,” I leaned on her door frame smirking at her. Yuri looked at me, but she didn’t seem so happy.

“What do you want?” She got up from her desk and walked towards me.

“I can’t stop to say hello? Am I not allowed? Is it so wrong to want to be nice?” I asked touching my chest as if her words hurt me.

The way Yuri looked at me wasn’t nice. I could tell she was hiding her emotions purposely. “Why do you make me so angry Kim Jonghyun?”

“Because I’m so adorable?” I kept smiling hoping she would laugh. That laugh never came.

“No, that’s definitely not it,” She studied my face carefully. “I think it’s the fact that you are a complete idiot. You do stupid without thinking.”

“Well that’s because-” She held her hand up to cut me off.

“I’m not finished yet,” Yuri sighed, but never broke our eye contact. “The number one reason that makes me so angry when I see you is that I actually like you.” I didn’t know what to say. All I could do was blink and stare at her. Then, the hand that cut me off slowly reached up to touch my cheek. “Why?” Yuri spoke softly. “Why can’t I still be cold? What is it with you that has destroyed my outer shell? The shell that has kept everyone out...”

I lightly touched her hand with my own, “Because Yuri I love you. We may fight, all the time, but that is just how we are.” I kissed the top of her head. “Yuri, maybe you want me to leave you alone. But I just can’t. I don’t think I can be without you anymore. I need you.”

Yuri finally laughed, “You seem so weak when you say that.”

“You are my weak spot,” I pulled her close to me and hugged her tight. “Yuri I promise to protect you in the fight. Nothing will happen to you. Everyone else may be fighting for Hyun Bin and Jessica, But me.... I will be fighting for you.”



~ Key’s POV ~

Sunny skipped happily into my room. As I watched her skip towards me on my bed I finally realized something. She sat down and was bursting with energy to tell me what she found out about the others. “Guess what Jessica and Yuri did?”

“I don’t wanna know. It doesn’t matter,” Sunny only blinked at me. “Honey I know you worked hard but we should only care about us, right? We haven’t been together for years.” I reached over and held her hands in mine. “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too Key,” She muttered quietly to me. I pulled Sunny closer to me and kissed her head.

“Let’s just stay here,” I whispered softly. Sunny nodded as she wrapped her arms around me.


~ Minho’s POV ~

  I walked Jessica down the halls of the castle. We had just gotten back from spending the day in the city nearby. She had been so excited to see those in the town she has been missing for years. Jessica kept telling me how things were quite different now from how they used to be. I knew just as much as she did, but I left her to her stories since I liked to hear her talk.

 Both of us were silent as we approached her bedroom door.  “Thank you,” Jessica whispered quietly.

“It’s no problem,” I smiled while we stood in front of her bedroom.

“I mean thank you for everything. From back to when you saved me from Donghae to now, and probably for more things you will do for me in the future.”

“Jessica I love being with you. I’m happy to do these things for you,” I hugged her gently. “If I hadn’t saved you that day I still wouldn’t feel.”

“What do you mean you wouldn’t feel?”

“You should know, as a vampire life gets boring. What are you supposed to do when you live forever? You have time to do everything and anything. The trends and people may change but all the opportunities are still there.” Jessica looked up at me. “You are my imprint, you have given me a reason to be here. Us vampires don’t have anything to live for but our imprint. Life would just be pointless otherwise. And you Jessica, you are my one chance at happiness..at life.”

“Minho, can you stay in my room tonight in case of Jinyoung coming back?” She asked me already pulling me towards her room.

“Okay, but I am sleeping on the floor this time.”



~ Jinyoung’s POV ~

I watched Jessica and Minho readjust themselves In her room to sleep. Neither of them noticed me hanging from her ceiling. “Here you go Minho,” She handed him some blankets so he could sleep on the floor like he wanted.

“I was going to tell you,” I mumbled to myself. “I started liking you Jessica. But now, you won’t have anything to go off of.” Jessica laid down in her bed turning off the lights. “I hope you have fun figuring out when the attack will be.”



_________________________________
Sorry it took so long <3

Comment Please~