Fate Doesn't Make Sense **Special Chapter**

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be...
how moody you can get...
how hard you are to handle...
...but still wants you in their life."

-Ayuki Matsumoto

----

Arioka Daiki's POV

I heard my name being called out from a distance behind me. I didn't even have to think about who the owner of the voice was. Only two people calls me 'Dai-chan.' Nao and Ayuki. The piercing voice that sharpened my ears wasn't Ayuki's voice at all. It was-

"Dai-chan! What brings you to this park?" Nao sharply asked as I felt the two hands that were placed on my shoulder. 

I flinched and immediatly got off the bench, turning around, giving her a quick fake smile before giving her a "nothing." glare. I hid my left wrist in my hoodie sleeve and began to walk away. "Jya." I added before quickly heading out of the park. 

I couldn't help but think who was the girl Ayuki mentioned that she hanged out with yesterday. Why didn't she want to tell me? Do I know the girl? Was it even a girl? Was it just Kento? 

"Matte!" I heard Nao call from behind. I ignored her. She yelled out several sequences of 'matte' before a thump and 'ITAI' was heard. 

Glancing back, I saw Nao on the ground as she rubbed her ankle. "Itai! Itai!" She repeated. I hesitated a bit but finally sighed and turned back towards her, helping her up. "Oi.." I muttered as she began to cling onto my leg. Is she desperate or something?

"It's cold!" She exclaimed before suddenly throwing herself on me. "Cho-Chotto" I stammered, struggling to get her off me. "Weren't you just hurt a few seconds ago!?" I angrily stated. 

"heheh. If I didn't do that, you wouldn't have listened to what I was about to say." She said as I finally peeled her off me. 

"I'm not in the mood right now. Sorry. Just go to school okay?" I sighed, turning back around to head out of the park.

"Demo~ Matte! Just hear what I have to say fir-"

"gomen nee." I shouted with glancing back. I was literally a few feet from the park's exit, when I heard Nao scream out something again. 

"What is it now-" Now this time, it was my turn to be unable to finish my sentence. Because before I can properly ask the last word, I felt a muscular arm close on my neck pulling back. A cloth was placed on my mouth and nose by some large hand and the next thing I knew, I fell to the ground hard, and knocked out. 

----

Ayuki's POV

I was literally going to freeze to death right there on the sidewalk. I felt weak and my head was spinning from every thing that I just went through. I didn't mean to hurt him.. I didn't want my best friend to worry but have I done the opposite. The flashback of his teary face and his bloody knuckles just kept on re-appearing in my mind as every single thought of him feels like an extra arrow stabbing my chest. 

I lifted my hands up until it became visible for me to see them. I couldn't almost move my fingers nor feel the coldness when I touched my cheek. I used the gate behind as a support to stand back up but my legs were too stiff and I kept collapsing. 

"Ayuki chan!" Miyu's voice ranged out from my right. I weakly lifted my head up and gazed over, finding Yuto and Miyu running towards me. 

"You two-" I coughed. 

"She.. Was.. here.. the entire time?" I heard Miyu sigh. 

"I told you we should've stayed here for her to come back." Yuto remarked. 

Another cough escaped from my throat and this one killed me. It stung badly. 

"God, I have to get you inside. Can you stand?" Yuto asked as he knelt down in front of me. 

"No" I croaked. 

"Yuu-chan, ca-can you ca-carry her?" Miyu panicked. 

"Un." He replied as I felt myself being lifted up from the icy ground. 

"Itai.." I winced.

-----

Arioka Daiki POV

I woke up to the sudden pain, immediatly standing up from the chair that I seemed to be sitting at inside this large grand room. Where am I- Ow.. As the pain on my nuckles and arm shot me again. I glanced at my hand which seemed to be already bandaged before lifting my sleeve up to my arm that was bandaged as well. I glanced at my clothes and shoes then quickly reached and touched my hair. I had a black suit on, and my hair seemed to be.. in a different shape? I spotted a mirror on the other side of the room as I staggered eagerly to catch a glimpse of myself. 

I was in formal wear. My shoes were dress shoes and my hair was.. dyed black.. I widened my eyes before quickly investigating the room. I spotted a window and immediatly ran towards it, throwing the curtains open, hoping to recongize the environment outside. Where am I?

"DEMO!" I heard a female voice shout out from the halls. I stared at the door, seeming to recognize the voice again. 

"Nao?" I muttered, upon watching a girl running into the room.

"Oh my goodness.." She exclaimed as she ran towards me.  "Your... hair..."

"MISS!" A man shouted as he entered the room wearing a black suit. 

"STOP FOLLOWING ME!" She exclaimed again. 

"It's my duty to. Orders from the man himself. I can't allow you to see-" The man stopped. His gaze was frozen apon me. 

"Miss... Please follow my orders." He stiffened as he grabbed a hold of her arm. 

"Y-yada.." Nao stuttered as she focused her gaze onto me. 

I honestly had no idea what was happening. Who is this man? Why is my hair black? Why am I changed into this? What kind of place am I in? Why is Nao here? 

"Who is he?" I asked her.

"Papa hired this freaky guy to keep an eye on me. Along with few others. You really don't remember anything after the park do you?" She sighed. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"They kind of took you to my place... I really didn't know anything about this! I yelled "Watch out", but I don't think you heard me. Then... This... Kind of happened. I'm pretty sure this was all of my papa's doing-"

"Miss, I need to restrain you from revealing any information from your father."

"Sir, can you please keep quiet? She is trying to speak." I said, frustratedly. 

"It's part of my order not to."

"Nao Hamasaki is your boss's daughter isn't she? I'm sure that if she tells her father about your doing's and how you are being dis-respectful to her, then i'm sure you will get fired."

I watched as he stiffened up again before he glanced back at Nao. 

"Can you please wait in the halls while I speak to him?" Nao asked the man. "I won't tell anyone about what you've been doing."

"Miss, I-"

"Please. This is from my orders."

"h-hai.. Wakarimaa." The man stated as he slightly bowed before exiting the room, closing the door behind him. 

"Arigatou" Nao suddenly said as she bowed. "And... I'M SOOO SORRY FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE!"

"I can always re-dye my hair back to brown." I stated. "Where am I?"

".. My.. house.." 

"Your house!?" 

"hai..."

"I thought your house was nearby the school. That single family small house.." 

"I have more than one but this one is my family house.."

"So.. are you like some heiress or princess?" 

"Haha. Funny. But no. My family owns the second largest trading company in Japan... My father.. he's afraid that the company many go bankrupt in the future so he wants to team up with another trading company in America.. But the things is.. He wants ME to do all the work."

"What do you mean you? And why am I here.. dressed like this?"

"About that.. uhh.. uhmm..."

"huh?"

And right after I questioned her, the door opened again and this -40 year old looking- man stepped into the room. 

"You must be Arioka Daiki aren't you?" The man questioned me. 

"Hai.." I bowed. He looked fearsome. 

"Papa!" Nao exhaled. "Was this all your doing!?" 

"Soudesu. Jya.. Nao, will you please wait outside while I speak to this gentleman?"

"DEMO-"

"Miss, I will need you to step outside for a bit while your father talks to him." 

"But-" She pleaded, glancing back at me. 

"Just go." I stated. 

"U-Un.." She stammered as she slowly headed towards the door. 

"Don't embarrass yourself in front of him." The strange man whispered to me. "For now, keep the hair-dying a secret and pretend you came here by yourself all dressed up." He whispered before continuing to walk behind Nao. I watched as the two figures dissapear from my sight before returning my gaze back to Nao's father who was already grinning at me. 

"Anou..." I began. 

"Sorry for staring but you look rather familiar.. Have we met before?" He suddenly asked. 

"iie. I don't think so." I stated. 

"Souka... So you are that Arioka Daiki that Nao keeps talking about huh..." 

Nao? Talk about? I wondered.

"Anou.. May I ask what is my purpose for coming here today? I mean.. Not be rude or anything.. but there's soemthing really important I have to attend at home."

"Oh. I'm very sorry for taking up your time. We shall get through this fast okay?"

"Un.." I fowardly answered. 

"As a father and a chairman, I was wondering what is your relationship to my daughter?"

"We are just aqquaintances. Sir."

"I see. Would you ever like to take an oppertunity to be my daughter's boyfriend?" He immediatly asked, as I flinched closer to the window. 

"Uh.. Sir.. I.. Have a girlfriend.."

Silence filled the room as both of stood still. He gazed as me as if he was going to throw a punch at me but finally sighed and sat down on a nearby chair. 

"You see.. our company is on the verge of a bankruptcy. As the head chief of the family company, I was thinking to converge our company which is the second best in Japan with another company whom is second best in America. In order to for this to work and to posses each other's supplies and customs, both of our companies must be related somehow. This is when the thought came into my mind. I wanted my Nao to marry another young man from their company. My wife and I agreed as well as the young man's parents. It will be a great adva

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter