A best friend's date

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I was always afraid you will compare me to other people because I know I can't compete.."
-Ayuki Matsumoto

-----------

I felt the sun beamed onto my face and I turned, stretching in bed. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the bright ray of sunlight flashing on me. I sat up, and rubbed my forehead. Ow.. my head hurts.. what did I do yesterday? I thought to myself. 

I took a second to recall the memories of yesterday and threw the blankets off me to see if my scar was really there on my knee.

It was. 

I slowly made my way out of the bed and stood up. At least I could stand today but I used the wall as some of my support.

I stared at the hallway clock. It's 10 in the morning. The entire house was quiet. I suddenly remembered that our mom's leave for work at 8 but Daiki? He should be awake by now but there was no noise at all. I knocked on his bedroom door but there was no answer. WIth caution, I creaked the door open, catching a glimpse of him still sleeping. It was weird... I walked into his room and sat down on his bed. He wasn't covered at all and his fan was on... Its already november and it's freezing cold outside. Why does he need the fan? 

"dai-chan..?" I said, nudging his arm. "you okay?"

"it's hot! Turn on the a.c." he muttered, turning back and forth.

"dai-chan Calm down. It's literally 40 degrees! Do you have a fever... oh god.." I gasped when I felt my hand touch his burning forehead. "I'll be right back!" I panicked, stumbling out of the room, down the stairs, into the kitchen. I took some ice and placed it in a plastic bag. After that, I stumbled back up the stairs, heading into the bathroom, taking his towel and wetting it with cool water. I wrapped the ice bag with the towel and hurried back into his room

"Stay still." I said, placing the icebag on his forehead along with the towel. I re-covered him with the blankets then turn the fan off. 

"Turn it back on! It's hot!" He said, reaching for it. I un-plugged the fan and held it in my arms. "You're not going to get any better if you have the fan on.." I said, taking it to my room then setting it on the floor. I went back into the kitchen and brought cool water in a glass up for Daiki to drink. 

"Here." I said, sitting on his bed, lifting his head up to my knees. He was completely thirsty. I layed him back on the pillow and went back down to the kithen to repeat the process. Within, 10 minutes, he fell back asleep. I went to the bathroom, washed up, then made rice for us to eat.

------

3 hours passed and he was still asleep. I sat on the dining room table thinking about how stupid I was.. I was the one who got him sick. I was the one that made him suffer like this. I was the one who caused him to have a fever. But the fact that I'm still here, being able to walk, being able to breathe, was because of my best friend. 

I layed my head on the table burrying it in my arms. "I'm the worst best friend ever.." I sobbed.

I felt something pat against my head. I immediatly looked up and saw Daiki staring down at me. I quickly wiped my tears away. 

"D-D-Dai-cha-chan!" I yelled, standing up. "Your fever?" I asked, placing my hand on his forehead.

"It's gone. Don't worry!" He said, pulling my hand down. "Arigatou." 

I shook my head. "It should be me that should be thanking you. I mean like if it wasn't for you yesterday... then.." I quickly bowed to him. "GOMEN! I'm so sorry for getting you sick!" I exclaimed.

"It's oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter