Chapter 5 ~ Wasteland

Reunion [on hiatus]

Mira tried opening her eyes.. 

There was a bitter taste of dry sand in and bruises all over her body. She looked at her watch and it was Sunday, 20:12..

She looked around and found the others, half buried under the sand and covered in some blood just like her..

She sighed in relief when she realized they were still breathing, there wasn't too much blood &it was a good thing they had dried up on their skin.


She lifted herself up with her arms which were shaking vigorously due to her hurting & starving since the crash happened at 19:37.

She didn't know why she remembered the exact time they got hit,

but what she did remember well was Addie's watch right in front of her face when she was being protected after her fall.

She managed to get herself to stand, but her legs shook as she tried to balance herself.

She took out her phone & it still had 79% of battery power. It should've run out hours ago since she left it on for almost 48 hours. 

She blanked out on this and didn't notice Addie's grunt

due to her neck reacting painfully as she tried to tilt her head to face Mira.

She took a deep breath and tried standing up, also trying to maintain balance as she lifted one leg,

half kneeling, to rest her mid-body on her two aching legs.

Her sweat dropped on the dry ground which was then quickly absorbed by the sand.

She was sweating so much that when she touched the ground, mud stained on her hands, and the sun wasn't even up!!

She finally got on her feet and kicked the sand in front of her, startling Mira out of her blanked mind.

"So.. What happened while I was out?" asked Addie,

"Hey, I've just woken up too yknow.."

"I see.. Think we should wake the boys up?"

"Might as well.." 
Mira called Lloyd by his name and shook him a little bit. In response,

"Arghh!! Ow.. My freaking back hurts.." "Rise & shine buddy.." she replied with a little laugh.

While Mira was talking to Lloyd, Addie had a little trouble waking Sam.. 

"Sam!! Sam!! Heyo Scottson wake up!!"

But Sam still hadn't woken up, then Lloyd, still lying flat on his face, asked,

"Um.. Everything okay over there?.."

"Yeah, just a second.."

She became silent for about 10 seconds, while Mira helped Lloyd to stand, Addie then yelled out,

"Sam, we're having pancakes with ice cream on top, ya want some?!"

"Cool!! I'll have 3 portions please!!"

said Sam as he jumped to his feet, not feeling any pain nor trying to balance himself.

The others burst out laughing as Sam gave a confused look.

"Hey.. I'm still hungry.." said Sam.

"Well DUH!! We've been out for about 48 hours.. It's a miracle for us to even have survived that thing" exclaimed Addie,

yelling at him with felt dry.

Then Lloyd took a look around..

At first, he saw nothing but hills & flat plains of sand.. Then in a distance, he found a giant slope with crystal-like rocks sticking out of it..

"Hey guys, take a look at that.." said Lloyd while pointing at the slope. "Let's check it out.. Looks pretty cool.." replied Mira, already rushing.

"Mira!! Slow down!!" warned Addie.