Chapter 24 ~ Don't Leave My Side..

Reunion [on hiatus]

[A/N]

Annyeong.. Second update for today xD

Thanks to my beautiful readers who've subscribed & commented 

For further chapters, I suggest opening the links and listening to the songs to get the scene's feel ;))

I made a little romance chapter to all those Xiumin-biased readers like me xD

Enjoy~



It was 1:15 in the morning..
Addie had been shifting her position in bed for probably 50 times now. She couldn't sleep even though her room was already almost pitch black. The only light was coming from the moon out her window, which was also slightly covered by the curtains. She sat up, checked her phone and found no updates. Mira was already fast asleep and she didn't want to bother her. She put on her earphones and listened to some slow songs, starting with TaeTiSeo's Baby Steps. She closed her eyes while listening but she still wasn't sleepy.. The playlist proceeded to the next song, EXO's Baby Don't Cry.. "Funny.." she thought.. "A song meant for the listener to stop crying but instead is the reason behind the mellow atmosphere.." She started remembering the times she, Mira & Jae Wook had together as kids and missed them.. She started tearing up even more when she listened to the 3rd song, SNSD's Time Machine. She lied back down on her bed, covering herself with her thick, warm blanket. The song finished but she still didn't feel like sleeping. She wiped her tears, changed the song to Taylor Swift's Safe & Sound and got out of bed.

Safe & Sound - Taylor Swift

She was wearing a night dress in light green with a V necked collar (not too low of course), and wavy skirt down to just 5cm above her knees. She grabbed her jean jacket and went out of her room, with an earphone still in her left ear & music still playing. When she stepped out, she noticed the only light in the room was coming from the bulbs in front of her door, that she by herself before opening her door, and another in front of Luhan's room. The rest of the room was pretty dark. "Wonder what Luhan oppa's doing at this late hour.." She went to the control panel and turned the 'Fridge' switch. A big refrigerator came out the wall. She took a carton of chocolate milk and a glass on the side, put it on the table, sat on one of the chairs and browsed her phone for a while. 

Addie poured the milk into the glass and drank 2 whole glasses. She looked up to the dark ceiling, paused the song right after the chorus & then poured another half a glass of milk when suddenly, Xiumin walked out of Luhan's room. Addie's heart skipped a beat since she thought he'd be asleep by now.
"Oh.. Annyeong.." he said with a soft voice. Addie waved as he walked to her direction. She could feel her heart beating fast as he walked closer to where she was sitting. "Can't sleep?" asked Xiumin, Addie nodded and continued browsing her phone. She let out a long sigh & Xiumin noticed so he ruffled her hair. Addie looked up and saw him smiling warmly towards her. She felt herself blush and looked back to her phone, thankful that the room was dark. "Dongsaeng-ah.. If anything's bothering you.." She looked up again, "You know you can turn to your oppas.." He held out his arms and Addie stood up, embraced the hug with her face sinking onto his chest. Xiumin patted her on the back and it was after a few minutes that he realized her shoulders were shaking and his shirt felt wet. He looked down and saw a glimpse of Addie crying, her face covered in her hair. "Oppa.. I'm scared.. I'm scared of what's gonna happen to me.. Of what's happening to my friend.." She sobbed and continued, "I know he's suffering.. That he's not himself.. And I know he's not the kind of person who would do such terrible things.. I just can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.." Xiumin her head to calm her down. Surprised by his sudden actions, Addie looked up & Xiumin was looking straight at her. She felt herself blush again as Xiumin gazed into her eyes, he thought, "This girl.. Those eyes.. Could she really be the Frosty we knew..?" He closed his eyes and leaned closer to Addie, kissed her on the forehead and hugged her tight with one hand on the back of her head. "Don't worry.. We'll save him for you.. And I.. I'll never let anything nor anyone lay a finger on you.. I promise" "Oppa.." she hugged him back and tears started flowing down her cheeks. Xiumin let go of the girl and wiped her tears with his hands. It was still dark but he could see that her face was already red, due to her crying. "C'mon.. I'll sing you to sleep.." He grabbed her hand. Addie thought to herself, wanting to say it to the guy holding her hand, "Please.. Even if it's just tonight.. Let me act like I'm really your sister.." she hugged his arm. On the other hand, Xiumin thought to himself, "Maybe just for tonight.. Let me act like a real brother to you.." He felt Addie's arms wrapping around his, they both smiled and went into Addie's room. 

She went into bed, covered herself in her blanket once again and Xiumin sat right beside her.

"Anything you wanna hear?.." asked Xiumin, Addie shrugged, he chuckled. Xiumin put his hand on top of hers, she gripped. He smiled and started singing..

Angel(你的世界) - EXO-M

Xiumin - Angel (Cut)
dang wo cheng zuo zhe feng~
zai ni de shi jie xiang luo~ (yeah)
bai se de feng~ 
zai ni shen bian huan rao zhe
ni wen wo lai zi na li~ 
xiao zhe hui da shi mi mi~
zhi yao shi ni he wo~ yi qi zou xia qu~
tian tang zai sui shi he sui di~


Translation
As I ride the wind 
I descend upon your world (yeah)
The white wind  
surrounding only you
You ask where I come from, 
I say “it’s a secret” with a smile
As long as you’re with me
Heaven is anytime, anywhere



He felt Addie's grip loosen and when he turned to face her, she was already sound asleep, with tears in her eyes. Breathing softly. He wiped her tears & leaned closer to the point where they could feel each other's breaths. Just as the tip of his lips touched the tip of hers, he held back, sat upright and sighed. "Mian.." he whispered. He gripped Addie's hand one last time and left the room, taking one last look before shutting the door. Addie opened her eyes, more tears coming out of them. She took out her phone from under her blanket and clicked 'Save'.. Then murmured, "Kamsahamnida.. Xiumin oppa.." She curled into a ball on her bed & replayed the voice note, she kept playing the song her 'brother' sung her to sleep and eventually cried herself to sleep.


Xiumin closed the door, leaned against it and sighed. He rubbed his temples as a figure standing beside Luhan's door said, "She asleep?" Xiumin looked up to see Baekhyun walking up to him, and answered, "Probably.." Baekhyun smiled and said, "She means more than a sister to you.. Doesn't she?.." Xiumin stayed quiet, then nodded and said, "You?.." Baekhyun sighed while shaking his head and patted his hyung's back in encouragement, "She's like my precious sister.. Good luck hyung.. All the best for you." then went into his room. Xiumin walked to his own room a little while after. 


[A/N]
Okay after thinking it over for I don't know how long.. I decided to make Addie a Xiumin-biased & Baekhyun as only a brother.. 
Mian Baekkie~  .. >  < 
Maybe in another fic I'll make it Baekhyun biased xD
And if any of you noticed, I'm putting in several songs other than Korean since I'm not only a Kpop fan.. 
Mian if some of you don't like it but I'm just really into those songs right now  .. >  < 
Thxx to the beautiful readers who've kept reading xD
Please stay tuned for the next chapter!!
Kamsahamnida~ Saranghaeyo~ 
*90 degree bow*