Chapter 20 ~ Knowing More About You

Reunion [on hiatus]

*RIIIIINGGG*
"..Uuuurrgghhh.."
*sound of cracking ice*

"Good Morning Addie.." a women's voice came out of the speakers in Addie's room. "Morning Gladys.." Addie yawned and rubbed her eyes. She activated her screen and tapped on icons of 'Bacon & Eggs', 'Hot Chocolate' & 'Toast' twice. "What would you like on your toast today?" asked Gladys. She (or It) was the Llyraxx family's computer maid. Installed by Addie last night before going to bed and is now here to keep her mistress company. "Gladys has a mind of her own and no virus can ever hack into her," Addie remembered her professor say. Gladys had been the one she keeps on talking to, other than Mira, whenever she's feeling down or lonely. 
"Chocolate spread please.." replied Addie, yawning again. She then went into her bathroom and got herself washed. Coming out with her favorite oversized Tee & comfortable shorts, she took her phone, turned it on and checked for updates. "Has your father sent you anything?" Gladys asked again, "Yes Gladys, an email.." Addie said with a smile as she read the letter while taking a bite of her bacon & eggs. 
It's a thing with the Llyraxx family, they have an obligation to act gentlemen & lady-like since they have high standards. But Addie only acts that way whenever it was an important occasion or whenever Gladys randomly speaks to her in a lady-like accent. They do it randomly so Addie could get used to her formal surroundings in the nick of time, plus Addie liked the way they act formal randomly. To her, it's fun to speak in different accents, especially when it's just for fun. She finished breakfast and continued playing with her phone with EXO's HISTORY blasting through her earphones.
 

*knock knock*
*door opens* 

 

"Annyeong?.." Baekhyun's head popped out the door with Xiumin right behind. "Ah.. Annyeong oppa.." Addie stood from her seat & bowed. "Welcome Mr. Byun & Mr. Kim" said Gladys. Baekhyun jumped, stunning Xiumin who was calm before. Addie giggled, "This is Gladys, my computer assistant." (She didn't like to refer her friend as a maid). Baekhyun turned to the screen and bowed, causing Xiumin & Addie to laugh. "Oppa, you can sit down now.." Baekhyun turned to face Addie, realizing Xiumin had already sat on her bed. Addie walked to her screen and tapped on the icons of a separate portion of strips of bacon & steamed buns. "Have you guys had breakfast?" asked Addie. "If by breakfast you mean milk & cereal then yes.." answered Xiumin. "Didn't you have anything else?" asked Addie curiously, "Well yeah we could've, but we haven't had time to go to the market.. So we weren't able to restock.." said Baekhyun. "What about the supermarket downstairs?" Addie asked again, "We're too lazy to go down.." Xiumin did a bun face while Baekhyun pouted with his. Addie took out a tray from the tube, with a plate of juicy bacon strips & freshly made buns, and put it on the table in front of them. Their eyes sparkled and Addie said, "Go ahead.. Dig in.." with a smile on her face. "Kamsahamnidaaa~" and they invited Addie to eat with them. "I already had bacon a few minutes ago.." said Addie, Baekhyun continued biting his bacon & Xiumin offered her one of his buns. Addie gladly accepted, making all 3 of them smile. "Hey Addie.. How'd you know I like bacon & Xiumin hyung likes buns?" Addie chuckled and said, "it's written all over your faces.." remembering how Baekhyun stared at her leftover crumbs of bacon on her plate. "And I'm guessing you're not much of a morning person." said Xiumin. "Well you could say that.. But how'd you know??" Xiumin pointed to her frozen alarm clock, making both her & Baekhyun laugh.



"Hooooaaaaammm...." yawned Sam. "What time did you go to bed last night?" asked Lloyd, "Dunno.. Mybe at 2.." "In the morning?!!" gasped Suho. "Relax.. I'm used to sleeping late.." said Sam, "But you're powers aren't!!" exclaimed Kai, "Hyung!! Tell him!!" he turned to Suho, remembering he wasn't Sam's mentor, he turned to Chanyeol, who was innocently whistling. Luhan just facepalmed himself. "Look buddy, I know you're used to it but try sleeping earlier & get more sleep.. It'd be a total waste to not master your power, especially when it's as cool as teleporting." persuaded Lloyd, Sam just nodded, "Fine.. I'll try.." They continued discussing a little more about their act but was cut when they heard a loud thunder-like sound coming from the end of the room, Claire's room..


The 6 of them ran out of Sam's room and found the rest coming out into the main room as well. Addie ran & opened Claire's door without hesitation, seeing her friend sitting on the floor on one corner of the room and her mentor standing on the other, his hands in front of him. "Guys!! I did it!! I can control lightning!!" exclaimed Claire jumping up & down. Chen, with a satisfied look, said, "Yeah.. & that was one heck of a bolt she had there.." everyone else sighed. "You're supposed to train in the training rooms.." said Addie relieved, "Yeah.. Sorry, I was too excited to try the new trick gege taught me. So we tried it in my room.." "Hha.. Sorry about that.." said Chen, scratching his head, "It's a good thing the rooms are power proof though." then smiled, he had the kind of smile that would make you feel you can't stay mad at him.. "Yeah, you got that right." said Xiumin, gently patting his friend's back. Everyone else laughed.


"How're you guys with the training?" asked Claire. Mira answered, "Oh.. Yknow, getting our backs kicked by the guys.." she eyed Tao, who once kicked her by accident while teaching her wushu. "I said I was sorry.." Tao did some aegyo on her & slightly made her blush so she said, "Alright, alright!! I forgive you!!" her red face turned to Addie who was sticking her tongue out at her best friend.
"YAH!!" yelled Mira while pushing Addie's shoulder, her yell was so loud that everyone jumped, except for Addie who was laughing hard, resting one hand on Sam's shoulder & putting the other on her stomach for laughing too hard, she loved Mira's reaction when she .. The red face, the loud yell, the stomping heels, she looked like a cute little sister to her. Everyone else just laughed while watching the 2 girls' 'cute' performance.

"Guys!!" Data barged into the room with Lay calmly closing the door behind her, she then turned confused over what the others were doing, "Um.. Did I.. Miss something?!!" she asked. "Ani, Ani!! It's nothing!!" exclaimed Mira waving her hands in front of her. "Pffft.." laughed Addie silently enough for Mira not to hear. "Ewkay.. Anyway, we just got a message from the chief and he said that starting this year, we'll have talent shows whilst having the Power-Performance!!" Addie automatically turned to Lay saying, "SHE SAID WHAT NOW?!!" Data continued, "And I've also registered all for of your names." Addie now turned to Data, "YOU DID WHAT NOW?!!" "Oh come on Addie.. I've heard your voice.." she did a little bit of aegyo on her, "I wanna hear you sing on stage~"
"You can sing?!!" asked Baekhyun, surprised, followed by Xiumin's "OH?!!" & the other EXO members' surprised faces. Addie ducked her head as she felt her face blush, hard. "Hehe you better sing your best out there~" teased Mira, "Yah, you're singing too!!" yelled Addie with her head low, trying to cover her face with her hair, "Ne, but I'm not rapping nor am I dancing.. I sing slow while you can sing to beats.." she stuck her tongue out and ran around the main computer room with Addie chasing her. Before Addie had the chance to get even 2 meters close to Mira, she was pulled back by the hips by Xiumin, causing her to blush like mad yet again. "Yah, you never told us you sang!!" Baekhyun nodded & said, "We've got some more catching up to do young lady.." Addie could only sigh, her blushing went down a little but her face was still read.. She glared at her best friend with an "I'll get you for this" look who was already hiding behind her bedroom door, with Kris & Tao inside. Lloyd & Sam put up their fists and said "Addie Hwaiting!!" & so did Luhan, Lay, Suho, Kai, Chanyeol, D.O. & Sehun. Addie bowed to them & they went into their respectful rooms. 

Addie went into her room with her arms crossed & an almost lifeless expression, followed by Xiumin & Baekhyun, who closed the door. "So why didn't you tell us you liked singing?!!" Baekhyun asked Addie with both his hands on her shoulders, Addie tried her hardest not to blush and replied,  "B-because I didn't think you'd care.." she sat on her bed with a thump, "What would make you think that way??" asked Xiumin crossing his arms. She looked down to her phone and pretended to play with it, remembering how she was bullied in her old days of school when she was younger.. All she wanted to do was sing but everyone else intimidated her and said her voice was awful, which Mira said was not true, she would only sing to her close friends and not let anyone else know of her dream. It's pretty ironic, that at this very moment  she's keeping her secret from 2 of the very people who once inspired her to sing.. "Yah!! Yeoja!!" yelled Xiumin, she didn't realize she was spacing out until she heard his yell & Baekhyun stealing away her phone, "E-eh?!!" She looked at the 2 boys, not knowing what to answer. There was an awkward silence for like 5 whole seconds until Addie decided to tell them, she sighed & said, "Singing.. Was probably the only thing I couldn't live without doing.. Ever since I was a kid, people would make fun of my voice, they would say I sound bad, that I should just quit.. But I didn't want that to happen.. So I stopped singing in front of people and usually only sing to myself or with Mira." she finished with glassy eyes, it looked as if she was about to cry for remembering her bitter past. Xiumin gave her a warm hug, calming her down. Addie sunk her head onto his shoulder, "Don't worry, you're free now, from those kinds of people.. You know well that we'll definitely support you all the way," Xiumin softly said, "Especially in the way of music." continued Baekhyun with his cute signature smile. "So~ let's hear you sing~!!" beamed Baekhyun. Addie rubbed her eyes and looked up, pulling away from her hug, "What song?" asked Addie. Xiumin & Baekhyun tapped their chins, thinking. Addie laughed at their cute response. "What song are you into right now??" asked Xiumin, curiously, "It's English.." replied Addie, "Pick a Korean song!!" pouted Baekhyun, Addie chuckled, still not wanting to sing.. So he decided to start singing first to encourage her..

Beautiful Teaser - EXO

~Oh you're beautiful beautiful~
~Oh you're beautiful beautiful~


& Xiumin started making cute dance moves.. They both made Addie laugh & slightly blush. She took a deep breath and started singing..

([A/N] "~" = sustain :p)

Dear My Family - SMTOWN

Jageun maeum moa keun him dwaedeut~
Urin hanaran geoseul mitgo isseoyo~
Uri hamgge haengbok mandeureoyo~
Memareun sesang soge~ bichi dwaeneun nalggaji.. 
Saranghaeyo~~

*Translation

 

together we create happiness

till the day when we become

the light in the parched world

i love you *

 

 The 2 boys applauded while Addie shyly stuck out her tongue and blushed. "Do you wanna sing that song for the show? I mean technically speaking, we ARE sort of a family now.." said Xiumin, Baekhyun just nodded his head cutely. "Probably.. But I still have some good songs in mind so.." she looked out her window, the boys just said, "Ah.. Ne, ne.." Xiumin then beamed as if he remembered something, "Why don't you sing in 3 languages for the show?!! Korean, Mandarin & English?!!" Addie's eyes shined while Baekhyun just chuckled at her cute expression, and for the first time, she saw Xiumin looking proud of himself (LOL) as he patted his chest like a boss.
Addie tried controlling herself & her expression went back to normal, she said with a sigh, "Let's train.. No trips, no party & especially not back to the beach, just the 3 of us.." The 2 nodded, then she unexpectedly continued, "because I seriously dropped last night after camping, I'm not gonna lie.." & the 3 of them burst out laughing while walking out Addie's room. 


[A/N]
Long one~ xD
Training coming up in the next chapter
But before, I want to first apologize if I haven't satisfied my readers since I'm new here and I'm not yet too good at writing action scenes..  .. >  < 
And also if the story gets weirder & weirder each update TT^TT
Oh!! And I'm happy to say that I'll start making Korean names for the coming characters xD
I'd like to thank Marge unnie (shimhaneul)
For giving me such great advice xDD
I also want to thank my lovely subscribers and the people who've added me as a friend & commented xD
Please keep on supporting & share it with your friends~
I LOVE YOU ALL!! xDD

*Credit to Tumblr for the pic of Bacon & Baozi xD