Chapter 21 ~ Encounter

Reunion [on hiatus]

Addie grunted, her hands are frozen as she's currently training on defense. Xiumin shot ice disks while Baekhyun shot light beams at her. She used her 'ice arms' to block and then counter attack by shooting needles of ice from her fingers. The 2 blocked her needles with a thick sheet of cardboard, the needles pierced about two thirds of the sheet. Satisfied, Xiumin said, while Addie was panting, "That's it for today.." he held out his hand to Addie who was sitting on the other side of the room, she smiled and took his hand to stand up. "Those were some sharp popsicle sticks back there." joked Baekhyun. "Yeah? well I'd like to see you blind me with that power of yours." replied Addie. Once again, they laughed and went back to their homeroom, just in time for lunch. 

D.O. was preparing the food while the others were still training. Addie quickly washed herself again, since she didn't expect to train so early & she was all sweaty, and went out to buy some snacks. She took the elevator and while waiting, she played with her phone. There was elevator music & it was a song she used to love years ago. She started feeling nostalgic and suddenly she felt her head pound, hard. She used her hand to lean on the wall and held her head with the other, dropping her phone. It was pounding like crazy and she breathed heavily, hoping that the pain would go away soon. Thankfully, it did. She took deep breaths and retrieved her phone. "Phew.." The elevator music went on and before she knew it, she was already on her destined floor. She walked into the supermarket near the lobby and bought some of her favorite snacks. To her surprise, she found Baekhyun & Xiumin calling out to her. "Addie!! What're you doing here?!!" asked Baekhyun. "Buying some snacks, what about you guys?" "Restocking our storage" said Xiumin. "Oh yeah, I forgot" she laughed and the cashier noticed them. It was the same woman that sold Mira the flowers. She sighed as the 3 walked to her direction. "Ahjumma.." Addie turned her head towards the lady, who as laughing, "Eh.. Mian mian!! Unnie.." she kept on bowing and made the boys laugh at her cuteness. "Aniyo, it's fine.. You didn't see me earlier" the lady said with a laugh. "Ehehe.. Ne.." Addie looked at her name tag, "Dae Ni Unnie.." she said with a bright smile. "Miss, we'd like to pay for these" said Xiumin, being the gentleman he is. "Oh right.." Xiumin & Baekhyun paid first and Baekhyun told Addie, "We'll be going first.. Dee's gonna kill us if we don't help with the cooking.." "See you later dongsaeng.." said Xiumin. "Ne oppa.. Annyeong~" waved Addie. "So is one of them your boyfriend?" asked Dae Ni, Addie's face went red and shook her head, "Ani, Ani!! I only respect them as my brothers since they treat me like their own sis." she then remembered her own things and said, "Um.. Unnie, how much is all this?" "Oh?! It's okay.. You can have it.. You remind me a lot of someone I met, someone I cared about. And you just made my day, so please.." She put everything into a plastic bag and handed it to her. "But unnie, I really shouldn't.." Addie said as she took out her wallet, "Please?.." Addie didn't want to hurt her feelings so she accepted and thanked her. Dae Ni only smiled. Addie bowed and waved as she walked out the supermarket. She decided to walk around the park to get some fresh air after what happened in the elevator.
She found a bench and sat there, humming to the song that was played before her head started pounding.. "I wonder how he's doing right now.." thought Addie. Then, she felt a cold, dark aura behind her, & a hand on her shoulder, the grip wasn't tight but Addie could feel a killing intent from the touch. "Good to see you again.." said the owner of the hand. She stood up and turned around but there was nobody behind the bench. She then felt the same aura right behind her only 2 seconds after she stood up, but this time, the cold touch was around her neck. She dropped her belongings and grabbed the arm behind her neck, and said, "Lee Jae Wook, why're you here?!!" She breathed deeply while the young man behind him snickered. "I came for a visit & this is the greeting I get.. Don't you miss your old best friend?" He slightly tightened his grip & so did Addie, "I thought you said we weren't best friends anymore." Addie said firmly, not releasing her clutch. Jae Wook pulled her neck and faced her from beside her ear, "Listen here lady, either you shut up or I'll be the one to shut you up." Their eyes met in a scary way, Addie could see nothing but revenge & darkness in his eyes, she tightened her grip even harder and pulled his arm to face him front & center. But as he stood in front of her, he disappeared. The pounding came back and Addie fell to her knees, with both her hands on her head. She tried enduring the pain and it eventually went away. She felt the cold aura again but then she heard a familiar voice yell out, "Addie!! Are you okay?!!" She turned to see Dae Ni with a worried look & replied, "Yes unnie!! Just.. Dropped my phone.." She took her things and bowed to her again, then ran into the elevator. Dae Ni went back in, "You really should control your emotions.." She said in a serious tone, "You almost ruined your own plan.." Jae Wook smirked and said, "Oh did I? Or are you just using that as an excuse to save her?.." Dae Ni shouted, "Whatever!! I'm just doing what you told me to.." but she looked out the window, making sure Addie was no longer seen.

Addie went back to homeroom, her head wasn't pounding anymore but it was filled with questions. "Why's he here?" "What's he planning?" "What's he gonna do to us?" "What should I do?!!"  She opened the door and found Data & Mira arranging the table for lunch.
"Addie~" beamed Mira, she ran from the big round table full of food to her best friend, leaving D.O. to manage the table alone. She held her wrists and said, "Come with me!! I wanna show you something!!" she pulled her best friend to her room, which now had a giant door between both their rooms, "So we can talk better" Mira winked, hugging her best friend's arm. Addie smiled and hugged her best friend tight. Mira reacted cutely and said with a squeaky aegyo-ish voice, "Kyaa!! Cupid can't breathe!! Cupid can't breathe!!!!" Addie laughed and let go.. "Thanks Mira.. And just in time too.." She leaned closer to her, "I need to tell you something.." 
Mira knew something was up, but being the caring friend she is, she calmed the taller girl down and said, "Let's talk later, right now we've got a lot of stuff to eat." Addie lightened up a little and they went to the main room. "Addie!!" yelped Data as she took a seat, everyone was home now. "Can we please hear you sing now?!! Please?!! As practice?!! Yknow the audience is gonna be like 100 times bigger than us!!" Addie froze in her seat while Mira winked at Data with her pointer finger in front of , telling her to be patient. Data blushed a bit in embarrassment but she kept a smile on her face. "Cmon I'll sing with you.. 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.. 'Kay!?" Addie looked at her best friend and nodded.. "American Idol version?.." Addie blinked & nodded again. Mira knew that other than her bitter past, her best friend was shy and had to be lured to do things, especially sing or dance. She started since her friend was already having stage fright.

You'll Never Walk Alone - Jordin Sparks
M - When you walk~ through a storm~ 
Hold your head up high~ 
And don't be afraid of the dark~ 

*Mira held Addie's arm..*
A - *deep breath* A-At the end of a storm~ 
Is a golden sky~ 
And a sweet~ silver song~ of a lark~ 

*Addie turned to Mira, who nodded*
A - *breathe* Walk on~ through the wind~
Walk on~ through the rain~ 


M- Though your dreams be tossed and blown~~ 
Walk On!
(A- Walk On) Walk On! (A - Walk On)
With hope~ in your heart~ 

A&M - And you'll never walk alone.... 
You'll never walk~

A- Alone~~



Everyone clapped while Xiumin, who was sitting beside Addie, patted her back to calm her down, with his signature smile. Addie smiled and they prayed before eating, with Lloyd leading the prayer.

--End of Prayer--

"Thank you for the food~" said the 4, they were used to the rules of EXOplanet Academy to say that one phrase before eating. "So Addie, what are you singing for the show?" asked Mira. "I'm actually singing 3 songs with Baekhyun & Xiumin oppas.. English, Korean & Chinese.." everyone let out an 'Ooh..' Making Addie blush again, while her mentors just laughed. "Tell me the songs!!" beamed Mira. Addie swallowed her food & said, "Dear My Family.. Bei Dui Bei Yong Bao and.. Undo It.." "We've never heard that last one.." said Baekhyun, Xiumin nodded. "Well, it's a surprise.." Addie stuck her tongue out to her mentors. "I can't wait to hear it!!" Data exclaimed, making Addie smile. "Hey don't forget to watch our collab!!" blurted Sam with a laugh, "Yeah sure whatever you say!!" Addie yelled to the other side of the table & everyone laughed. "By the way, I changed some lyrics for the English one so it's pretty different from the real song.. So don't criticize me if it sounds as if I flubbed!!" she said with a laugh, and everyone said okay.
After everyone was full, "I'm done.." Addie stood up and walked to her room with Mira following. Mira then asked, "So what was it that you wanted to tell me?" Addie took out a little wooden box with the letters 'BFFs' on it. Mira sat on her best friend's bed and Addie sat beside her. "Do you remember 2 years ago, when the 3 of us were still together?.." Addie asked Mira, she replied, "W-Where are you going with this?.." Addie opened the box and took out a silver bracelet with a charm of her initial 'A' dangling on it, hanging it in between their eyes,

"We.. Met just now.. No.." she put down the bracelet, still holding it and rubbing it with her thumb and the palm of her hand, "No.. More like.. He tried to strangle me in the park.." Mira stood up with a disbelieved face and said, "I'm gonna go tell the others." She walked towards the door but was pulled by the wrist just before she touched the doorknob. "No, Mira.. This is our fight.. I'm not letting anybody hurt anymore because of this.. Not like what happened to-" Addie paused, remembering an old comrade who was killed by Jae Wook. Mira sat back on Addie's bed and said, "What does he want now then?" Addie shook her head, "I don't know.. Probably vengeance.. On me.." She looked up to face her best friend. "I'm not gonna let him do that.. Don't worry Addie, we'll get our old friend back." Mira gave an assured smile, Addie smiled with her and decided to watch old videos of the 3 of them still together. Addie kept holding onto her bracelet & while watching, the 2 girls eventually fell asleep. Gladys turned the video & lights off for them. At about 3 in the afternoon, Mira woke up, she saw tears in the ends of Addie's eyes and some on her cheeks. She wiped them carefully, not waking her best friend. She went to her own room using the big door and closed it slowly so it won't make a sound.
Addie was sound asleep, but her heart and mind felt strange..

                  ♢      ♢      ♢      ♢      ♢ 

Jae Wook sat on the edge of his bed, clutching his head, it felt as if it was about to explode. Voices came into his head like crazy

"Kill them.."
"Destroy them.."
"You want revenge, don't you.."

"Make them suffer"


The evil voices in him kept urging him to do as they say.. But one small voice said..

"No.. They're your friends.. You should be protecting them.." 

Jae Wook fell to the ground, yelling in pain & breathing heavily. Clutching both his head & chest. The bracelet he left on the shelf levitated and circled his wrist, locking itself. The bracelet shone a bright light and he felt like he was suffocating.
"Hrrghh.. Urghh.. AAAARGGHH..."

*pant* *pant*

"Kill them.."
"Protect them.."
"Kill them.."
"Protect them.."
"Kill them.."

The voices slowly faded away and Jae Wook woke up, still with an intent to kill..

                  ♢      ♢      ♢      ♢      ♢ 

*gasp* *pant* *pant* 
Addie sat up on her bed, panting as if she was the one suffocating. She clutched her chest where her heart was pounding like she just ran a marathon. Her eyes & face were seriously wet due to her tears & sweat. She looked at her other hand, still gripping on the friendship bracelet Jae Wook gave her & Mira.. (Mira had her own of course) but she noticed light fading away from it.. "Was that just me?.. No.. It couldn't have.." she thought with tears in her eyes..
The lights in her room .
The door leading next door opened with a whoosh and Mira went in, "Rise & shine Ad-" she saw Addie breathing heavily with a wet face & dropped the tray of snacks she was holding. She jogged to her best friend and asked, "What happened?!! Did somebody come for you?!! Are you okay?!!" Xiumin & Baekhyun, who just came in from Addie's door, saw the scene & rushed towards the bed. They asked almost the same questions.. "Are you okay? Is everything alright? Did anything happen?!!" asked Xiumin, "Did you get a bad dream or something?!!" asked Baekhyun. Mira went to get her bottled water on her desk as Addie told her best friend everything in between sobs & heavy breaths, with her mentors listening carefully. Mira handed the bottle to her tired friend & she almost finished it. "Mira.. The Jae Wook.. We encountered.. Recently.." Mira stared into her friend's eyes, "Isn't the real Jae Wook.. I think he's.. Fighting with another self inside.." Mira's eyes widened amd hugged her best friend, and said, "Then that means.." She paused and hugged Addie a little tighter & then let go. Her hands on Addie's shoulders and with determined eyes, she said, "We're definitely bringing him back!!" Addie only nodded with a weak smile since she was still shocked after her dream, or vision if it were possible.. 

[A/N]
I hope this isn't too cheesy for you guys .. >  < 
& I know "homeroom" is for classes but hey I couldn't think of any other word!!
And I'm really sorry since I'm leading the story with Addie.. She's like the only character I can relate to LOL 
But I promise to make some more scenes & stories for the other characters
So thank you for all the comments & to all my subscribers~ xD
Please keep on supporting me & this fic xD
Kamsahamnidaa~

*Credit to Google for the pics & Youtube for the videos~

I actually screen printed the picture of Baozi & uploaded it to Google..His pose was just perfect for what i imagined Jae Wook to be experiencing in the scene above .. >  <

And let me tell you, i literally got goosebumps when i watched the American Idol video of Jordin Sparks.. those 2 ladies have such amazing voices *screams histerically & almost crying cause i wanna learn how to do that too >  <*

 

@yunachan : Thanks~ xD *Throws a pack of bacon bits*

@alymagnaelove97 : Lol wait til you reach the next chapters that are yet to come xP