Chapter 2 ~ A Memory

Reunion [on hiatus]

"Addie!!" shouted a voice from behind.

Adelicia Llyraxx tilted her head to find a petit girl in the same school uniform,

only difference is that hers was paired up with a black & white, layered & ruffled skirt..

She wore a bracelet which dangled on her wrist with her own charms :

an hourglass & a dragon, also made of metal.. (Duhh)

"Hey.." replied Addie while waving.. Miranova Charlotte had been her best friend for as long as she could remember..

That time, it was the first day of school.. Addie wouldn't let go of her daddy's arm.. 
 

♢      ♢      ♢      ♢      ♢

Hector Llyraxx was the former Headmaster of EXOplanet Academy.

He decided to retire & had his trustworthy assistant, Robert Thorne,

take over the job after his daughter Adelicia had turned 5.

He didn't want his only child to stress out on not spending time with him due to his work in the Academy.. 

"Are you sure you want to retire? You've been doing this for years now.."

asked the confused assistant.

"Yes.. I'm sure.. I've taken this task for too long and frankly, I easily get caught up in my work..

But you my friend, you have the habit of running around places.

So even with this job, you'll still get to see your family.." 
 

     ¤      ¤      ¤      ¤      ¤ 

"Dad.. Can't I just have home school?.." muttered Addie.

"C'mon lil Frosty it's only the first day! Look, the other kids are over there playing in the snow..

And you love snow.." tried Hector in persuading her. "But what if nobody likes me?.. What if I end up making everyone hate me?.."

complained Addie, almost crying..

Her eyes were already flooded with tears, Hector could only look at her in silence, thinking about how he should answer that question.

He knows what it's like to be bullied and he understands why Addie was scared..

She's used to being alone and had hardly made any friends..
Finally, Hector told her, "Just pray to God, He'll send you someone who will protect you in your hard times..

And play with you in your good times.." he flashed a smile, making Addie smile as well,

delaying her tears to come out of her shining brown eyes..

She went into the school playground, which at the time was covered in snow.

She grabbed some with her bare hands and started making a sculpture.. When she was almost done,

some boys ran into it and even hit Addie on the shoulder..

They didn't seem to notice that someone was standing behind the now-shattered-to-pieces sculpture..

Addie's eyes were already over flowing with tears when a hand

-slightly smaller than Addie's-

appeared in front of her wet face..
"You okay?.." asked a soft and aegyo-ish voice.

Addie looked up, wiped her tears and said, "I'm fine, just.. Peachy.." Then the stanger started laughing,

causing Addie to make a confused look on her face.. "You're a funny little snowflake aren't ya!?.." asked the stranger with sparkly eyes.

Then she said again, "I'm Miranova Charlotte, but you can call me Mira."

Addie let out a huge smile and replied, "I'm Adelicia Llyraxx.. But my dad likes to call me Frosty..

Like the way you called me a snowflake" while giggling.

"Oh, hha.. I'll call you Addie, if you don't mind that is.." said Mira. "Sure.. I guess" replied Addie while smiling,

she had made her first friend..

  ♢      ♢      ♢      ♢      ♢