Give your heart a break

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I'll Prove to you... that I'm worth for your forgiveness.

-----------------------------------------------------

 


 

 

7:02 p.m.

 

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~

 

Sounds of an alarm clock coming from a phone filled the entire room. Tiredly enough, a hand was trying to reach it as if trying to stop the continuous sound.

 

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~               

 

THUD

 

THUD

 

THUD

 

Still, the hand can’t even reach it. It’s way too far for even to reach it.

 

Left… right… left…. The hand still searching for the sound. More sounds was being release, not only now because of the phone, it also came from the things that was hit by the long hand.

 

THUD

 

THUD

 

THUD

 

More sounds, more…

 

THUD

 

“AHHHHHHHHH~”

 

Later then, a screaming sound filled the entire room. Along with the sound was the disturbing sound from birds outside the balcony.

 

“Argh!” A body tiredly rose slowly while holding the lower body. Then, a thud was heard again. but this time, it came from the bed.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

So heavy.

 

His body is so heavy that he can’t event move.

 

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~

 

Another alarming sound, it frustrate him. Reaching to the night stand he almost fell to his position while trying to reach the phone that was still ringing.

 

“Damn, why did I have to wake up so early.” He mutters. Throwing back his body to his bed, he immediately close his eyes. But sadly to say…

 

“IM YOOOOOOOONG~”

 

An alarming sound filled his ears again. It came from his sister. It makes him open his eyes again and responded… “Noona… just one more minute.” He mumbles as he closes his eyes again.

 

“YOONG, OPEN THE DOOR OR I WILL BREAK THIS.”

 

Ruffling his hair, he pulled his pillow and instead covered his entire head. Just wanting to have a minute of nap again, can his sister leave him alone first? He knows what he is doing, for crying out loud.

 

“YOONG, TODAY IS THE REHEARSAL DAY AND YOU HAVE 2 HOURS TO PREPARE! COME ON, WAKE UP LITTLE BROTHER!!!!”

 

Quick, he open his eyes to realize it. He immediately jumps off from the bed and was about to open the entrance door when he realize his phone. He went back and checks the date. A smile suddenly crept into his lips upon confirming it.

 

“YAH! OPEN THE DOOR!”

 

“Oops… “ he immediately opens the door and welcomes his sister in. “Sorry Noona, I’m really that tired… but… it seems I am good now.” He immediately reasoned.

Dashing towards his closet, he pulled out his jacket, his jeans, and some white shirt, to place it all in his bed.

 

“Noona, can you choose this for me. I’ll take a shower first.” He said and hurriedly went to his bathroom. Fany was left stunned. What she just saw? Her brother is… happy? Or more like, excited? For what?

 

“Tsk…tsk… tsk… “ Fany could only shook her head to her disbelief. Just last night, her brother was all worn out after they left the hotel. Then, even at his room, the latter is still as if in grieve. But now, what’s happening? She was confused.

 

---

 

After she choose the best jacket, shirt, and jeans for her brother, Fany then handed it to his brother and let the latter wear it all inside the bathroom.

 

“Yoong, are we going to see the others? We’ll be going the same route right?” Fany asked yelling.

 

“Yes… “ Yoong answered as he emerged from the bathroom. But much to Fany’s surprise, her brother didn’t wear the clothes she chooses, instead… the doe-eyed wears a short along with a sleeveless. It curious her, so she follows him to the bed.

 

“Yoong? I thought you want me—“

 

“That’s only for later Noona. I still need to do something.” Yoong cut-off while he is actually pulling out a bag and places some bottle of water and dry clothes, more like sleeveless.

 

“Wait… are you going to the mountain? You seem ready for it.” asked Fany noticing her brother’s busy doings. She was so confused. Lately, the doe-eyed gives him a bright smiled, then now, the doe-eyed is already packing up? what is going on here?

 

“Noona, don’t look at me like that. Just going to the gym.” The doe-eyed answered while busy with his shoe.

 

“Really? when did you go to gym?” asked Fany, to confirm if her brother isn't the first time for it.

 

“A year ago, but I stopped due to my schedules. And since finals are nearing, I think I’ll be doing this until summer.” Yoong mutters as he stood and grabs his bag.

 

“You seriously okay?” asked fany, totally bewildered to the scene before her. 

 

The doe-eyed simply laughs and patted his sister’s shoulder. “I’ll be back on time. This is only an hour.” He said before he left the room, leaving fany, totally confused.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nowplaying: Turning up the Music

 

“Are you ready?” said an instructor after he opens the sound system to fill the entire gym.

 

Who is not ready? “Yes.” of course, the doe-eyed guy is all ready. With bright smile, he started his morning with workouts…

 

Multi-staks.

 

 

Pull… push… pull…

 

One two… one two… Ha… ha… One… two… one two… He chanted continuously.

 

“Do this for 5 minutes. We’ll see later.” His instructor said, making him nods to continue.

 

After a minute…

 

Sweats are all over his foreheads. His hand holding the rubber holder didn’t loosen as he continuously does it in circle. His knees were not even weakening to every push and pull. His feet would constantly move too in every movement, every pain might he encounter and every sweats he’s experiencing under his hold to the rubber holder.

 

Push… pull… push… he never stops along with the beating of the music and... his heart. His heart that was in the mood to move on. Yes, move on, but… you’re wrong. He wanted to move on with his mistake, not for another girl. He wanted to move on for his self and for the girl he wanted go back, (if allowed). He has thought it last night. He will not entertain his heart first. He want to have a break, a break from heartaches, regrets, anxiousness, confusions and even… love. From now on, he will be moving on for his entire life. He will change for the better, not for worst. He will change for his family and friends… especially the girl he just broke last night. Yes, this is all he wanted now—to prove to his girl that he’s worth for her forgiveness.

If his girl will find another one, then, let it be. If they’re destined, they’re destined no matter what. Just as long, he can prove to his girl that he’s worth for her forgiveness.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thread mill.

 

Taking off his sleeveless, he presses the button and started to run. Sweats are still there, but he still can’t wipe it, due to the strictness of his instructor.

 

“Ha… ha… ha… “

 

His heavy breaths can be heard the entire gym, which means, he’s in the mood.

The clock is running, he needed to finish the workouts before 9 so that he can be there on time. He doesn’t want to be late this time, so he is willing to finish the workouts in an hour. Besides, he still has another round after the rehearsal.

 

So speeding up the threading mill, his leg is in speed too. His legs are in double speed that you can’t even catch it. His two arms would constantly swing while his mouth is constantly catching his breath. Every step and every beat is his determination to every goal in life, involving his father that he once has a talk…

 

A week ago…

 

“So you want to have money that worth 5 million for them?” his father asked for the 2nd time. Yoong was across sitting, fidgeting with his fingers. He is in the mansion for some money for the younger girl.

 

“Y-yeah…” he reluctantly replied. “Uhmm… can you grant my wish?” he asked in hope.

 

“I see… “ Mister Hwang simply nods and stood. But before he could walk to his bedroom, he added some words… “I’ll give it to you if… you’ll allow me to enter your life.” He said firmly.

 

“De?”

 

“I know I can’t still have your forgiveness… so… I’m proposing you. I’ll prove it to you… that I’m worth for your forgiveness. Let me have this chance to be your father, just this one day… might be?”

 

He thought for a moment. It isn’t bad though. He’ll just approve it then he can have the money. But… one day with his dad?

 

Bracing his self, he nods and… “Just one more request too.”

 

“Go ahead, son.” His father has the sincere smile.

 

“I had a better idea… Uhmm… I wanted to see Taeyeon Noona in the day of our stage performance in Rome. Can you grant that? Let this chance to have a day with me too...” he proposed.

 

Mister Hwang nods in agreement. He smiled and held out his hand. “So I’ll see you in Rome?”

 

Yoong smiles brightly to the agreement. He stood and greatly took the hand of his father. “I’ll see you then.”

 

With that being said, Mister Hwang proceeds to his room and went back with a cheque for his son.

 

End of flashback…

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Haaaaa…… “ He took the deepest breath of his life, stopping his running to the equipment. He was in the floor while his knees and hands were supporting him.

 

“Ha… ha… ha… “He continuously catches his breath while he can see the sweats dropping the floor in front of him. It’s as if every drops reminds him of his mistake, his heart is beating nervously. His fears of his mistake should be out of his head soon; that is why he is doing his best to move on. To fight his fears that will hunt him down.

 

Gulp.

 

He suddenly laughs out of his weird imagination. Well, he was a person to his own now. He will not depend to someone else, especially his best friend, from now on.

 

“Mister Im, you still have 5 more equipments, do you want to continue?” his instructor’s voice suddenly echoed his ears, causing him to stood immediately and showed two thumbs up to his instructor.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

He did 5 more equipments for his entire 45 minutes at the gym, until he drops in his locker with a thud in the floor.

 

“Wow… 10? How many I will have tonight?” he chuckle heartedly as his chest is busy moving up and down. His sweats were like a river now. His hair and his chest were wet with his own sweats. He can feel the drops in the floor along with the silence in his locker.

 

“Ha… ha… HO!” He suddenly screams and stood to just sat in a bench. His upper body is still in process of catching its breath until he was done of it.

 

 

Pulling his bottle of water, he…

 

Gulp… gulp… gulp…

 

And more gulps, he drank its content in a slow manner while his sweat is running through his forehead… cheeks… jaw…. Down to his… throat… and sliding it down to his chest and stays there until it dissolves to his skin.

 

Gulp… gulp… gulp…

 

With three last gulps, he releases a big heavy breath before he wipes his lips and took his towel to his side. Now, he’s ready to shower and have breakfast right after.

 

But before he could step inside the bathroom, his phone rang. Much to his surprised, his phone is showing his girl.

 

“Damn. Why so beautiful.” He chuckles before he answers it…

 

[Mister Im, of South Korea?]

 

“Uh… yeah… how can I help you?” he arch his eyebrow, upon hearing an unfamiliar voice.

 

[I’m the stage director for the duet category. Today was your group and duet rehearsal, right?]

 

“Yes Sir.”

 

[I would like you to be here at exactly 8:30am. We’ll have an opening rehearsal for duets? So… I’m inviting you here on time, with your partner.]

 

Partner.

 

It rings to his head. Who he is partner with again? Oh right, it’s the young brunette who happened to capture his heart and broke up with her last night? Can't he forget it?

 

“O-Okay… I’ll see what I can do.” he nonchalantly said.

 

[We’ll be waiting]

 

Tot-tot-tot….

 

Sigh.

 

“I nearly forgot. I have a partner later.” He slapped his forehead physically as he stood and decided to start showering.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

9:00am.

 

 

“Line up!”

 

As if it was a flag ceremony, all members of choral almost immediately stood in front of their coach. They are all wearing the same jackets and the same sneakers. Black and white with matching their names was on their jackets. All guests at the hotel were laying their eyes, as if it was a scene for a military exercise that needs to be seen no matter what. Some foreigners were there too to cover the South Korea rehearsal.

 

After the speech from Professor Kwon, all members of Choral then started to step inside the bus. One by one, they find their own partner for their respective seats until they are settled.

 

But one particular member isn't yet arriving. To their surprised.

 

"Hyun? Do you know where did Yoong stays last night?" asked the blonde noticing how late the doe-eyed.

 

Half-eyed, the young brunette only shook her head and sleeps.

 

"Fany wasn't in your room too. Right?" Yul joined the conversation; he was next to the blonde while the younger girl was next to Jinwoon who were before them.

 

"Yeah... I was wondering why the two had to choose another hotel. This hotel is big enough." Jinwoon then joined too. "But wait, why did they move?" he asked out of his curiosity.

 

Both Jessica and Yul look at each other then back to the curious eye-smiled guy.

 

"Uh... I think it's because Jinwoon-ssi... Yoong and Fany are siblings right? You know that already... and one thing was... I guess... their father is in the country?" Yul said in excuse. Damn, why did the two didn’t even told the other members? He thought.

 

"Oh... I think so... I've heard Mister Hwang was a businessman too, right?" Jinwoon said, which earned the two an awkward nods.

 

Ring... ring... Ring...

 

"Oh I think it's mine." Jessica immediately pulled out her phone and found out that it was the doe-eyed guy. She answers it immediately. Yul was just next, waiting for the blonde to end the call.

 

"Yoong? Where were you? Do you know we are waiting here?" she asked, anxiously.

 

[I'm sorry Noona. Just inform Professor Kwon that we are already here at the rehearsal stage. I'm with some delegates from duet competition; do tell Professor Kwon that I was sorry... because, the committee from the duet category actually called me. So I needed to be here immediately. Do tell about this to Hyun too Noona. I am waiting for her here.]

 

Tot-tot-tot...

 

"Aigoo... he was already there waiting for us. Professor Kwon, I think we can go now." Jessica informed which earned the other's attention too.

 

With that being said, Professor Kwon ordered the driver to already start their ride.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The younger that just opened her eyes when the bus started to move, was silent as she stared out over the window. She heard it clearly, the doe-eyed was already there and she assumes… he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter